Padgett Thompson & National Seminars Group
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Preventing Workplace Violence: How To Prepare For And Handle Threatening Situations
A Half-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: HSG
An innovative half-day workshop where you'll learn how to recognize the warning signs and assess the risk for violence within your own company.
After this seminar you'll be able to ...
- Determine where and when violence is most likely to erupt in your company
- Identify and eliminate potentially dangerous applicants during the hiring process
- Know exactly what to do if you ever come across a threatening situation
- Track and analyze your company's risk for violence during stressful times
- Recognize the warning signs for violence and take preventative measures
What you will cover ...
- Employee Assessment: Find out which workers are most likely to resort to violence
- Facts you need to know about workplace violence and company liability
- The fastest growing type of workplace violence today - and what you can do to prevent it
- Security Audit: Assess your company's current risk for violence
- How determine when you should confront someone - and when you should retreat immediately
- How to keep verbal aggression from escalating to physical violence
- How to ensure managers and employees won't aggravate an already volatile situation further
Who should attend ...
HR professionals, mangers and supervisors who want to assess the risk for violence within their own companies - and take the appropriate steps to prevent it.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".