Padgett Thompson & National Seminars Group
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Conducting The Perfect Interview: An AMA Workshop
A Half-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: HYX
A concentrated, interactive course designed to sharpen face-to-face interviewing and candidate assessment skills.
After this seminar you'll be able to ...
- Identify which candidate will be the best fit for a position
- Get candidates to open up during interviews
- Predict future performance and avoid expensive hiring mistakes
- Formulate questions that reveal attitude as well as aptitude
What you will cover ...
- Determining what type of candidate will best succeed in a position
- Resume selection and rejection: Separating solid skills from exaggeration
- Striking a balance between resume- and position-driven questions
- Interviewing and the law: A valuable review of today's legal issues
- Questioning formats that ensure the candidates do most of the talking
- First vs. second interviews: Compiling a list of make or break questions
- How much your interviewing style should change according to position and candidate
- Reading between the lines when questioning an experienced interviewer
- What action you should take immediately after every interview
- Identifying and ranking your strongest candidates
Who should attend ...
HR, management and others with hiring responsibilities who want to observe and take part in a skill- building series of practice sessions and activities designed to sharpen face-to-face interviewing skills and improve hiring decisions.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".