Padgett Thompson & National Seminars Group
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
How To Develop And Write Accounting Policies And Procedures
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: KAG
Learn to write crystal-clear accounting policies and procedures that leave no room for misinterpretation or misunderstandings.
After this seminar you'll be able to ...
- Communicate vital accounting policies to non-financial co-workers in easy-to-understand terms
- Ensure you and your staff are all operating on the same page for every procedure
- Produce policies that eliminate bottlenecks in vital areas such as accounts payable
- Organize your purchase order workflow so they'll instantly match invoices
- Put your ideas and thoughts down on paper so everyone knows the proper way to do things
- Streamline your month's end
What you will cover ...
- 12 words you should always avoid when writing a policy
- Deciding how much petty cash should be kept on hand
- How to determine who has the authority to update the ledgers and how often it should be done
- 3 steps you should include in your procedures for accumulating historical data for the budget
- Determining if your sign-off procedure is airtight and errorless
- How to bring your department's eye for detail to the pages of your policies manual
- 4 policies that can help you weed out errors
Who should attend ...
Accounting managers and supervisors who want to learn how to develop and write crystal-clear policies and procedures so employees know how to handle their responsibilities.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".