Padgett Thompson & National Seminars Group
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Payroll Essentials: Proven Skills For Payroll Professionals
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: KBK
A skill-building workshop that focuses on the core payroll functions and laws that are critical to the accuracy and efficiency of every payroll department.
After this seminar you'll be able to ...
- Increase your understanding of current payroll laws
- Get expert insight on worker classification issues
- Improve accuracy and efficiency when calculating and adjusting pay
- Gain proven strategies for keeping files and records audit-ready
- Return to work with reference materials designed by payroll experts
What you will cover ...
- How to untangle the web of worker classification created by the Department of Labor, your state and the IRS
- Expert legal insight on how the amount of pay subject to garnishments is determined
- Troubleshooting Tip: How salaried, nonexempt employees are causing problems for many payroll departments and how to avoid this situation in your company
- The true test of exempt and nonexempt status as defined by wage and hour law
- How to ensure you meet the FLSA's stringent requirements when calculating hours worked and overtime
- How to quickly determine the optimum method for figuring pay
- The key to correctly calculating a regular rate of pay -- every time
- Garnishment Review: Ensuring your company complies with all federal legal limits
Who should attend ...
Payroll professionals that want to improve accuracy and efficiency and ensure they are complying with the laws that impact their departments.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".