a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: KBS
Attend, and you'll gain the same field-tested
techniques that top managers always come back to. Proven methods you can
rely on to help you lead a more productive department ... delegate tasks
with authority ... and establish yourself as a dedicated professional
that employees look up to. If you're serious about increasing your professional
worth as a supervisor, these are core skills you can't afford to be without.
You Will Benefit ...
- Know how to discipline employees legally
- Save hours a day using effective delegation skills
- Motivate your employees with non-monetary rewards
- Stay in control with proven time-management techniques
You Will Cover ...
Basic Supervisory Skills
- 3 essential ingredients of supervising
- How to react to problems positively - not negatively
- Simple, but effective, steps you can take to help
employees manage their time better
- Developing essential management skills
- How to avoid the most common traps in delegating work
- When disciplining or firing - how to document to protect
- Maintain 1 simple habit - and take control of your
- How to make the process of firing easier on everyone
- How to make performance evaluations positive and motivational
Handling Problems And Problem Employees
- Conflicts, tardiness, complaints, discouragement and
other common problems - master the 5 universal steps toward solving
- Getting management to back you up
- Step-by-step disciplinary plans
- Firing - how to do it right and not lose sleep over
- How to hold employees accountable for their share
of the workload
- BONUS! Take home an action plan for effectively handling
your problem employees. You'll be able to start solving the conflict
Effective Communication Skills
- How to communicate better with your employees
- Persuading uncommunicative employees to listen
- Ensuring your employees get the message with nonverbals
- How to break down the barriers that block communication
- How to encourage employees to set - and reach - their
- Establishing long- and short-term goals
- Applying personal strengths to your goals
- How to develop "ownership" in the workplace that hits
- Understanding the 3 basic de-motivators and how to
- How to keep good employees
- Turning negative attitudes around
- Communicating your expectations to employees for superior
- How to squeeze an extra 30 minutes of productive work
out of your day
- Capitalizing on employee strengths to maximize efficiency
in their work
You And The Personal Inventory
- A unique exercise that will tell you more about yourself
than you've ever known
- Take home practical suggestions, tailored specifically
to you, for managing time, delegating work, setting goals and solving
- BONUS! Your Personal Inventory is included in the
seminar fee. It will become your best resource for insight into your
supervisory style and how to apply it to any situation
Should Attend ...
Any manager or supervisor who wants to boost productivity,
morale and the quality of employees' work. Whether you're a new manager
or a veteran just looking to review the basics, this seminar can help
you master the fundamental building blocks of effective supervision. From
goal-setting to negotiation, employee motivation to team-building, you'll
cover it all in this one-day session.
** Register Online **
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention above meeting number and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".