a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
This seminar is offered onsite only. The descriptions and outlines specified below are examples of the topics covered in this seminar. Actual seminar content will depend on your organization's needs. Of course, we customize the seminar's content to meet the specific needs of your organization.
Coping Skills For Customer Service Professionals
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: KCJ
Being on the front lines of customer
service, you know service reps can go through a whole workday without
hearing a single customer say a kind word. What can you do to help your
customer service professionals survive the lectures, gripes, and pressures
of dealing with customers? Enroll them in this one-day seminar now.
In just six short hours, your reps will master an entire arsenal of valuable
customer service techniques. You'll be amazed at hour your reps quickly
defuse angry customers
find the positive in every negative
take conflict in stride
and much more.
When customers are slighted, they simply draw their own conclusions and
tell their friends
and co-workers about the horrible
treatment they received from your company. Conversely, when customers
are treated well, they can become your most powerful advocates.
Your reps will have rock-solid service skills that'll bring about a new
level of customer satisfaction. And, once your reps discover that they
can genuinely be happy in customer service, you can count on spending
less time and money hiring and training new staff.
You Will Benefit ...
- Improve the way you feel about yourself, your job and
- Have a more positive impact on day-to-day service operations
- Enhance your company's and your own professional image
- Keep work pressure from affecting your personal and
You Will Cover ...
Conquer Hair-Pulling Frustration
- 5 sanity-savers that'll help get you back on track
when you're feeling frustrated
- The energy-boosting secret to getting a great reputation
in customer service
- How to stay "cool as a cucumber" when talking
- STRESS-BUSTER: How to keep your spirits up when everyone's
aiming at you
- How to fearlessly make a decision when your boss isn't
abailable and a customer wants something done NOW
- The 1-2-3 way to satisfy complainers so you can get
them out of your hair FAST
- How to keep your self-respect when you tell a customer
"no" and our manager says "yes"
Confidently Handle Difficult Customers
- When counting to 1,000 won't help! How to keep from
telling a customer what you really think
- How to keep your peace of mind when customers come
in roaring like lions
- How to fend off a personal attack without being drawn
into a no-win showdown or losing your self-respect
- FINALLY! An argument-ending technique that won't leave
- How to hold onto your self-esteem when a customer starts
using you as a verbal punching bag
- How to effectively deal with a "steamroller"
without becoming a "doormat"
- How to say "no" to customers without apologizing
or starting World War III
Stay Cool Under The Toughest Pressure
- How to keep your ego in check when customers don't
want to talk to anyone except the "person in charge"
- How to smoothly regain your customer's confidence -
and your composure - if you step over the line
- SURVIVAL TIP! A career-saving secret that'll help you
keep your mood out of your voice
- How to deal with a customer you suspect of trying to
cheat you - and your company - without tipping your hand
- Red flags that signal you need a time-out right now
and how to get away gracefully
- A wonderful pick-me-up that'll help you get through
those days when you can't please anyone
- How to weather conflict without taking it to heart
Make Your Customers - And Yourself - Happier
- How to make the most of your break times so you're
refreshed and ready to help your next customer
- A confident-boosting technique that'll help you remember
that customers don't mean it personally
- The first thing you should say to a troubled customer
(it can make a big difference in how you feel later)
- What you can do to let customers know they're important
even when you don't want to help another one
- How to handle a prima donna without feeling like a
- How to turn problems into challenges and find something
positive about every dilemma
Should Attend ...
This one-day program is for front-line customer service
representatives, professionals and other interested in knowing the inside
secrets on how to stress less and please customers more.
Bring this seminar to your site!
For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
Please mention the meeting code specified above and BE SURE TO STATE PRIORITY CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".