a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How To Better Manage Multiple Locations
A Two-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: KLQ2
Every manager knows that the best
and fastest way to learn a new skill is through practice.
Thats why weve packed this hard-hitting workshop with powerful
exercises . . . models . . . and case studies specifically designed for
managers of multiple locations.
This is a unique opportunity to fine-tune your off-site management skills
in an environment where you dont have to worry about making a costly
mistake. This is your chance to master proven-effective strategies that
you can put to work immediately.
When you take part in this workshop, be prepared to roll up your sleeves
. . . sweat a little . . . and think a lot. During the session, youll
examine off-site management challenges and solutions with
peers . . . practice techniques for getting poorly performing locations
up-to-speed . . . determine what the pros did right and wrong
in real-world case studies . . . and much more.
Back at the office, youll be able to turn around all your off-site
concerns. Youll know the inside secrets thatll help you get
multiple offices to follow your instructions to the letter . . . accurately
monitor quality . . . and build strong, self-reliant teams you can count
You Will Benefit ...
- Boost productivity at every location
- Significantly cut down on paperwork
- Know off-site employees are following home-office
- Spot problems even when youre far away
You Will Cover ...
Maintain Order While Managing Long-Distance
- How to give multiple locations a business road
map thatll keep them headed in the right direction
- How to create crystal-clear procedures that off-site
staff will follow to the letter
- Expert insight on friendly competition
between sites . . . could this be doing your company more harm than
- GROUP EXERCISE: With peers, discuss todays long-distance
management challenges and brainstorm possible solutions
- How to quickly smooth things over when you have to
lay down the law and enforce an unpopular policy . . . from a distance
- The 1 action you must take if you want to significantly
slow down the paper blizzard from multiple locations
Stay In Touch — And Control — No Matter What
- How to keep your finger on the pulse of off-site action
without making employees feel like Big Brother is watching
- What responsibilities you must shoulder alone . . .
and when you can safely share the load with off-site employees
- A common but deadly management mistake
thatll ensure an off-site office will never trust your motives
- CASE STUDY: Determine the fastest way to get a poorly
performing location up to speed
- How to quickly and accurately check the quality of
products or services at any location
- The inside secrets to creating a lasting bond between
off-sites so every employee feels like theyre on the same team
Establish Quality-Minded Teams You Can Rely On
- ACTIVITY: Sharpen your long-distance facilitation
skills by getting consensus from the team
- How to structure teams so theyll pull together
. . . no matter which site theyre from
- How to ease resentment at a satellite location when
a home-office employee is chosen for a promotion
- The only way to handle teams that were established
before your time without decreasing productivity
- How to build an emergency response team
thatll know what can be handled independently . . . and when to
call you immediately
Troubleshoot Off-Site Problems Like A Pro
- How often you should be visiting each site . . . any
less and youre begging for trouble
- Phone or face-to-face? The best way to approach a
site problem without alienating anyone
- How to put a stop to childish disputes between sites
. . . without taking sides or making matters worse
- EXERCISE: Develop a reward system thatll motivate
employees from all levels at every location
- How to determine whether you should coach . . . counsel
. . . or warn the entire staff at a location about their performance
- An action plan thatll help you handle any cover-up
you might find . . . no matter how large or small
- How to ensure the isolation factor wont
turn into a problem at remote locations
Should Attend ...
For managers, supervisors anyone who wants to gain
practical experience managing employees when your employees work in various
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 1-919-847-0331 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-847-0331.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".