a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How To Be A "Tough-as-Nails" Negotiator
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: KNB
In six hours, you'll master valuable
techniques for standing up to aggressive people, delivering solid counterproposals,
and controlling your emotions when negotiations become heated. You'll
develop the proven ability you need to remain confident in intense bargaining
situations … know exactly what to give and take during negotiations …
and walk away with a deal you can be proud of.
You Will Benefit ...
- Gain a reputation as a tough negotiator
- Become known for getting what you want
- Remain confident in tough bargaining sessions
- Know when to push and when to back off
You Will Cover ...
Assembling An Arsenal Of Negotiation Skills
- 1 tool you can use as "invisible armor" against an
adversary's threats, counteroffers and justifications
- How to get "an attitude," show false anger and other
"first strikes" that'll leave your opponent's defenses wide-open
- Mastering the do's and don'ts of effective negotiation
- 4 bad habits that can ruin your credibility as a negotiator
- 3 practical guidelines to help you prepare for tough
- A confidential self-analysis to identify your negotiating
strengths and weaknesses
Plotting A Plan Of Action
- How to "see" where an adversary's arguments are leading
you before you're backed into a corner
- The top 5 ploys negotiators use to wear down objections
and how to easily overcome each one
- How to offer a concession you don't care about and
make it look like a big deal
- A proven method for "pumping yourself up" mentally
before sitting down at the bargaining table
- How to use deadlines, work schedules and other time
pressures to your advantage
- Knowing when to be assertive and when to "sweet talk"
Getting Your Opponent To See It Your Way
- When dealing with an intimidator … using "The Madman's
Advantage" to give you the upper hand
- How to recognize the subtle signs that your opponent
is ready to give in
- 5 "gentle" suggestions you can use to earn extra concessions
during the final stages of a negotiation
- How to sidestep the deadly dangers of striking a deal
- If you're deadlocked ... a last-ditch maneuver when
you've tried everything you can think of
- How to handle an opponent who "plays dirty"
- How to make sure you don't push your adversary so far
that you endanger the deal … and what to do if you accidentally should
Deploying Your Hardball Techniques
- How to tell when your adversary is stalling and what
you can do about it
- How to keep your composure when an opponent says something
that takes you by surprise
- Acquiring an unyielding attitude that helps you resist
pleas and appeals
- Maintaining your conviction against "grizzly bears"
who try to tear you apart
- How to create the kind of climate that gives you a
- How to send rejection signals that leave nothing to
- 3 timing tips for when to push … when to give … and
when to stand your ground
- How to avoid the perils associated with being too tough
at the bargaining table
Should Attend ...
Business professionals who are interested in learning
hard-hitting negotiation tactics, becoming more assertive and getting
more of what they want in less time. If you've ever felt like you were
getting the short end of the stick in negotiations, this seminar can give
you a decided bargaining advantage. Attend, and you'll learn how to become
a "tough" negotiator who has an arsenal of skills to draw from.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
Select date/location & complete form below. Then, click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".