a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
This seminar is offered onsite only. The descriptions and outlines specified below are examples of the topics covered in this seminar. Actual seminar content will depend on your organization's needs. Of course, we customize the seminar's content to meet the specific needs of your organization.
The Step-By-Step Guide To Supervising Employees
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: KNO
Some managers seem to have a natural
ability for motivating team members, handling employee conflicts and resolving
departmental problems. But it doesnt come easily. In fact, most
managers learned these leadership abilities in the school of hard work
taking their lumps every day on the front lines of management and
The secret to managing employees for them was years of tears, frustration
and mixed results commonly called experience. But you dont
have time for that, you need to have proven-effective management skills
now. You need to know how to deal once and for all with
the variety of different personalities in your department. Where can you
go to learn these all-too-important skills that will build teamwork . . .
increase efficiency . . . and improve communication?
Look to Padgett-Thompson. Weve specially designed this one-day seminar
to teach you the best methods for painlessly supervising employees . . .
and maintaining the respect and admiration of your staff.
Attend and youll learn how to easily cope with the quirks of your
employees personalities . . . constantly motivate your
staff to work together harder and more efficiently as a team . . .
help employees develop more independence and become self-starters . . .
and much, much more.
You Will Benefit ...
- Manage problems and conflicts like an experienced pro
- Gain leadership skills that get you the respect you
- Motivate your staff to greater productivity . . .
with less hassles
- Overcome personality differences to get your employees
- Shape your department into a winning team
You Will Cover ...
Manage Problems And Conflicts Like A Pro
- Discover easy-to-implement strategies for eliminating
the 4 biggest time wasters from your workday
- What to do when a know-it-all employee tries to undermine
your authority in front of others
- When you must formally discipline someone for obnoxious
and offensive behavior . . . how to get the best results
- What you may be doing to undermine your credibility
. . . and how to keep it from ever happening again
- How to get your resident social butterfly
to stop wandering the halls and start working
- Tried-and-tested methods for coaching born leaders
and quiet observers to work together as a team
Motivate Your Staff With Less Hassle
- Is giving a raise your only option? 3 alternative incentives
when you cant offer more money
- How to keep your staff from running to you with every
little problem that crops up
- Proven techniques for boosting morale when your departments
been flooded with tons of new work
- Techniques for making the most of a staff motivation
- How to make performance appraisals positive and productive
- Little-known methods you can use to get your department
to do more work than before
- Strategies for reducing the stress factors in every
project your staff undertakes
Be A Leader Everyone Admires
- 5 leadership skills thatll ensure your directions
are carried out to a T
- Gain insight into the work styles of you and your staff . . .
and the best ways to interact with each style to generate superior performance
- The secret to delegating thatll bring in projects
on-time and on-budget
- How to be assertive . . . without coming across as
an iron-fisted dictator
- When you have to solve a problem quickly . . . strategies
for making the best decision possible
- How to instill a teamwork mentality into a department
full of individualists
- How your staff can meet deadlines more often without
you having to constantly nag and hand-hold
- How to instill loyalty in your team even in todays
unstable corporate climate
Command The Respect You Deserve
- So you want to be a respected manager? How to gain
the support you deserve
- Tips for dealing with the hair-pulling
pressure that comes with the title and the office
- How to enjoy a friendly rapport with the people on
your staff and still maintain your authority
- Find out the key steps to overcoming negativity in
- How to give clear, constructive criticism that gets
your point across without damaging relationships
- How to change the frustrating behaviors of employees
who undermine your authority
Should Attend ...
For managers and supervisors who want to the the best
methods for painlessly supervising employees . . . and maintaining
the respect and admiration of your staff.
Bring this seminar to your site!
For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
Please mention the meeting code specified above and BE SURE TO STATE PRIORITY CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".