Padgett Thompson & National Seminars Group
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How To Take Charge Of The Front Desk
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: KZY
Out of all the receptionist seminars
out there, this is the one training session you can't afford to miss.
We've interviewed thousands of accomplished receptionists across the country
… uncovered the toughest challenges they face … and packed the solutions
into this intensive one-day seminar. Attend, and you'll learn how to develop
a work image that exudes professionalism and class.
You Will Benefit ...
- Command more respect and authority at your post
- Handle demanding people with poise and professionalism
- Improve your image and the image of your company
- Stay in control no matter how hectic things get
You Will Cover ...
Maintain An Image Of Poise And Professionalism
- How to form a positive, lasting impression on everyone
you come in contact with
- A system to help you keep track of details
- Stress management strategies for frazzling front-desk
- How to keep your spirits high on draining and stressful
- Use the "pause and punch" communication trick to establish
- How to stay in control when someone is yelling at you
- Know when you should turn on your "professional voice"
- Discover how to read - and use - body language
Handle The Phone, Visitors And Your Routine With Ease
- Fresh insight into keeping tabs on visitors
- How to explain your duties and commitments to others
who demand your time
- A personal inventory to help you interact better with
different personality types
- How to convince people without appointments that they're
not getting in
- How "active listening" can soothe an angry caller
- An innovative plan to help make sure calls are returned
promptly even on busy days
- How to deal with annoying or crank callers
- A simple tactic to ensure you're fulfilling your responsibility
as the company's gatekeeper
Get More Organized
- How to get more paperwork done, even when you're swamped
- 4 concentration techniques to keep your mind on the
task at hand when you're surrounded by chaos
- A 3-step process you can use to create a personalized
- How to keep your reception area from turning into "Talk
- How to use an "action notebook" to reduce the clutter
on your desk
- The #1 way to stop frivolous interruptions before they
interfere with your day
- How to stop vendors who are trying to circumvent you
Maintain Safety And Security From The Front Desk
- How to identify - and eliminate - hidden dangers in
your reception area
- How to maintain privacy in an open reception area
- A quick strategy for identifying would-be troublemakers
- A contingency script to keep everyone safe in case
of fire, violence or national disaster
- A list of phone numbers you must have at your fingertips
at all times
- What to do when you feel you've been sexually harassed
by a visitor or vendor
- The 1 time it's OK to raise your voice
- When to call for help
Should Attend ...
Receptionists, secretaries and front-desk personnel who
want to enhance their assertiveness skills and manage the front desk in
a more efficient and professional manner.
** Register Online **
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention above meeting number and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".