a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: PBS
As a supervisor, wouldn't you like
We'll teach you a step-by-step, proven system for confronting and solving
attitude problems with confidence. You'll act with confidence as you gain
the most up-to-date, legal information available today.
Find out what motivates today's employees - and the secret to getting
them to be consistently productive, even when you're not around. You'll
start seeing results immediately as motivation levels and productivity
climb to new heights.
Set your vision
It's easy to lose sight of your goals when you're busy
most successful managers do. But that doesn't have to keep you from achieving
them. You'll return to work with dozens of goal-setting and goal-reaching
and you'll see the payoff fast as you set, meet and
surpass even more ambitious goals for yourself, your department and your
We'll show you all the steps of clear communication, even confronting
people with tact. You'll learn dozens of skills and techniques you can
use to avoid all those problems caused by miscommunications and misunderstandings.
You Will Benefit ...
- Know how to discipline employees effectively and legally
- Save hours a day using effective delegation skills
- Motivate your employees with non-monetary rewards
- Stay in control with proven time-management techniques
You Will Cover ...
Solve Attitude Problems With Confidence
- Create a positive workplace that increases efficiency
- Understand the causes of conflict and hostility
- Six steps of progressive discipline
- When and how to write down details
Find Out What Motivates Your Employees
- The 3 basics of motivation
- Six fundamental rules of human behavior
- Why people do what they do
- What motives employees besides money
to provide it
- When to use the power of emotion and when to use logic
Goal-Setting and Goal-Reaching
- Negotiating your goals up and down the ladder
- Updating your plan of action
- Using your goals to get others involved
- Overcoming roadblocks and obstacles
Communication Is Key
- Five listening techniques that pay off
- The trick to knowing what's behind people's body language
- Three keys to performance evaluation
- How to give directions that gets results
- Develop the confidence you need to do the best job
Should Attend ...
For new managers, supervisors, management trainees
anyone who supervises people and wants to boost productivity, morale and
the quality of employees' work
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".