a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How to Design a Training Program(So That Anyone Can Present It Successfully)
One Day Seminar
Meeting Code: PDS
This seminar is offered onsite only.
Learn how to design training courses
and develop training materials that are incredibly easy to understand
… even when you're not the person presenting them. In fact, anyone who
attends a training program you've developed will be sure they're getting
the knowledge they need to succeed.
You Will Benefit ...
- Identify performance gaps
- Examine learner analysis methods
- Investigate task analysis techniques
- Create learning objectives
- Determine training effectiveness
- Develop appropriate training products
- Design effective training
- Pilot new training programs
You Will Cover ...
- How to judge if training will cure a particular performance
- Using job aids to save time and money ... and increase
- 3 job performance factors to keep in mind every time
you design a training session
- How to sidestep the number one reason why training
- Self Assessment: Use this exercise to determine your
learning style, then incorporate it into your own training programs
- How to avoid unnecessary training
- How to apply the learner analysis process to target
- Discover a simple method for qualifying training needs
- what's urgent and what can wait
- From gathering data to determining sub-tasks, how to
perform a task analysis
- What is the most critical step in developing training?
Create Learning Objectives
- It's time to learn your ABCDs - a simple method for
writing learning objectives
- How to ensure your training accomplishes its intended
- SMART: The acronym that spells out the standard for
developing learning objectives
Determine Training Effectiveness
- How to evaluate objectives to determine if they are
achievable in the time available
- Level 1 Evaluations - meaningfully measuring an audience's
initial level of satisfaction
- Level 2 Evaluations - measuring the quality of the
training the audience learned
- How to prevent unnecessary training costs with testing
- How to streamline your evaluation planning process
Develop Appropriate Training Products
- Exercise: Scenarios that will help you determine which
learning activities are needed for your own training situations
- Create content in a hurry with templates
- How to organize course content for flow and timing
- How to recognize off-the-shelf learning resources that
Design Effective Training
- Develop learning events that apply the active learning
- How to select examples appropriate for your training
- Cues and clues to build into the training for your
presenter - the training will go more smoothly for the class when you
- Create questions that are effective learning tools
Pilot New Training Programs
- Pilot Projects - their purpose and development
- What is the most forgotten step in training design?
- What you should measure during the piloting process
Should Attend ...
This one-day program is for managers, trainers, HR personnel
and anyone else who needs the skills necessary to create a comprehensive
training event, but doesn't need to be there to present it.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".