a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Conducting Employee Performance Evaluations
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: PEV
As a manager, you may not feel truly
comfortable when you're evaluating employees. You may even think that
reviews make little or no difference. Perhaps you worry that the comments
you give will hurt employee morale. With this course, you'll gain insight
you can use to conduct more thorough and legally-sound employee evaluations.
You Will Benefit ...
- Feel more confident during review time
- Get the results you want from employees
- Improve your skill at giving feedback - both positive
- Better handle difficult evaluation decisions
You Will Cover ...
- Why employees really fear reviews … startling new facts
every manager must know
- 5 evaluation pitfalls that can surprise even the pros,
and how you can prevent them
- How you can sidestep the 4 most common stressors managers
face when evaluating employees
- 2 critical steps you must take when planning the performance
- 5 things employees expect from you during an evaluation
- Current Case Studies: Examine the impact performance
appraisals have in today's courtrooms
- How to keep an angry employee from bad-mouthing you
after the review
- What to do when an employee doesn't take your criticism
- The #1 mistake managers make when criticizing employees
… and how you can avoid it
- How to find out how your employees really think you
- Subtle ways to keep sensitive employees from getting
their feelings hurt
- How to smooth ruffled feathers when an employee takes
your criticism too personally
- How to criticize in a way that boosts an employee's
- 4 powerful skills for evaluating an employee with a
- What you must do if an employee disagrees with your
- How to stay objective when evaluating an employee you
just don't like
- A proven 3-point plan for evaluating any employee fairly
- Important precautions to take when evaluating an employee
who's also a friend
- Are you overlooking a favored employee's flaws? Here's
how to tell
- How to protect yourself now against courtroom battles
- "Upward Appraisal" - how to use this proven technique
to increase productivity
- How the increase in 360° Feedback is affecting the
evaluation process up and down the corporate ladder
- The secret to beefing up an average performance
- 3 types of feedback that will motivate superstars to
accomplish even more
- How to keep quiet employees from clamming up during
- 4 ways to feel comfortable giving positive feedback
when you're not the nurturing type
- 4 questions that will get employees to open up during
the evaluation session
- How to know in advance what an employee's reaction
will be … and how to prepare for it
- How to handle an employee who brings up sensitive or
personal issues during a formal review
Should Attend ...
For managers and supervisors who want to learn more about
conducting fair, legal evaluations and make the entire review process
an integral part of improving employee performance.
** Register Online **
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention above meeting number and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".