a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How To Get More Organized
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: PGMO
The ability to organize is a skill not unlike the ability
to supervise, delegate or use a computer. It can be learned, practiced
and perfected. This seminar will show you how. Attend, and you'll learn
how to meet deadlines without working yourself to death ... gain more
control over paperwork ... and get more done in less time every day.
After this six-hour session, you'll walk away with the skills you need
to break time-wasting habits, bring order to your chaotic work schedule
and reduce everyday stress. As a result, you'll be able to claim more
time for yourself - and stay fully focused on key business tasks.
You Will Benefit ...
- Break time-wasting habits
- Bring order to a chaotic work life
- Reduce everyday stress and frustrations
- Claim more time for yourselfs
- Enhance your professional image
You Will Cover ...
- The secret to remembering details
- The 2 basic organizational styles and how to maximize
- Are bad habits sabotaging your day? A 10-point checklist
- How to keep your in-box under control
- 6 types of lists that can safeguard your sanity
- Do you cause your own confusion? How to determine
if you do
- How to remember things without covering your desk
with sticky notes
- Feel like a pack rat? Deciding what to keep and what
to throw away
- A powerful technique that will help you stay "together"
during high-pressure, high-stress periods
- Pinpointing your organizational weak spots
- 3 great work habits worth developing
- Goal-setting - it's more than just a to-do list
- The first step toward a more effective work style
- A simple strategy that will keep you completely focused
on the job at hand
- The most common cause of disorder and how to overcome
- The deadliest trap busy managers fall into and how
you can avoid it
- What to do when you feel other things are more important
than cleaning off your desk
- Recognizing and eliminating your tendency to be a
- Invaluable strategies for organizing your staff
- The system top managers use to arrange their workdays
- Plotting the day's work: Determining what's urgent
... what can wait ... and what you can let go
- Time-blocking - what it is and how it can help you
get more done
- 4 practically effortless exercises that can help improve
- 5 pieces of office equipment no manager should be
- Maintaining order when your job responsibilities continue
- Hate making lists? Here's a superb technique that
will work just as well
- The D.I.N. strategy that all organized managers swear
- How to stop waking up at night, worrying that you've
let something "slip through the cracks"
- A technique for keeping details pulled together on
even the busiest days
- A good motto to work by (watch your personal productivity
- 5 ways managers defeat themselves when delegating
- Why downtime is important ... and how to build it
into your schedule
- The critical difference between a cluttered desk and
one that's messy: How does yours measure up?
Should Attend ...
For business professionals who want to develop a more
focused, organized, effective work style and reclaim the personal time
lost to working overtime.
** Register Online **
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention above meeting number and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".