Padgett Thompson & National Seminars Group
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
The Basics Of Taking Physical Inventories And Cycle Counts
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: PHY
How can something that's only done
occasionally cause this many problems? Conducting physical inventories
is part of your job. And it's a pain in the neck! There's the planning,
the reports. And what really gets to you is the anxiety ... that nagging
voice in the back of your mind that asks, "Haven't you overlooked
Fortunately, that little voice has been wrong so far ... no major catastrophes
have happened. But you still worry.
If the count is off, you might end up paying taxes on inventory you don't
have (or not paying taxes on what you do have which makes the IRS very
unhappy) ... or over-ordering perishables and watching them spoil ...
or, in extreme cases, running completely out of an important item and
nearly shutting down the company.
What makes matters even worse, when the count is off, all the accounting
records are irrelevant and the financial statement is off. Now that puts
a lot of pressure.
Attend this action-packed workshop for greater speed and accuracy in physical
inventory counts. Check out the details below.
You Will Benefit ...
- How you can cut out the physical inventory altogether
- How to prepare and schedule your staff to cut down
on inventory expenses
- 7 items that must be on every inventory tag
You Will Cover ...
Mastering The Building Blocks Of An Effective Inventory
- How much inventory should you hold? Here's a sure-fire
way to figure out
- The "EOQ" and other inventory models ... which one
will work best for you?
- Why the IRS is concerned about how you do your counts
- Cashing in on the benefits of the "no-inventory" system
- How you can help protect the integrity of your company's
- Tapping into "computer power" to help track inventory
Preparing For The Physical Inventory
- What you should be doing 1 month ... 1 week ... and
1 day before your physical inventory
- How to set up a locator system that keeps track of
every item ... at all times
- The IPP approach to preparing your facility for the
- Mastering the fine art of test counting
- Monthly? Quarterly? Yearly? How often to do your inventory
- Physical counts and accounting cycles: How do they
Conducting An Accurate Count Without A Hitch
- How to determine which products need to be counted
- How to counteract the biggest source of inventory stress
- The secret to setting up a multiple product line inventory
- How to maintain constant inventory checks with "cycle
- 6 things auditors expect from you ... and 1 thing they
definitely don't want
- How to get an accurate inventory count without digging
through every pile of stock
- What to do with shipments that arrive during the inventory
Making Every Count Go Faster And Smoother
- Zoning: What it is and how it will cut down on your
manpower needs during the count
- Technological advances that'll make your counts go
quicker and smoother
- The best way to count small parts and components
- How to select the best outside firm to count your inventory
- What you should communicate to others in your company
to keep the count problem-free
- How to set challenging - but attainable - inventory
- Proven techniques for reconciling discrepancies to
Should Attend ...
For those professionals who are frustrated by physical
inventory or cycle count gone awry. Attend this one-day seminar and learn
how to make every inventory go smoothly.
** Register Online **
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention above meeting number and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".