a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How To Motivate, Manage And Lead A Team
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: PNN
Whether your team has been around
for years or it just formed, you're in for some tough times. Teams don't
always "click" -- you've probably discovered this the hard way. And traditional
management techniques don't usually work in teams. You need new, innovative
methods ... and you'll learn them at this one-day seminar.
You'll leave with exercises, activities and strategies for keeping teams
motivated and creative -- plus valuable tips for helping your team through
You Will Benefit ...
- Master the art of motivation
- Develop strategies to strengthen teams
- Confront people problems and overcome obstacles
- Assemble more productive teams the first time
You Will Cover ...
- How to assess team performance without destroying
- How to make sure goals and objectives are understood
- How to overcome the common causes of team conflict
- 3 proven models you can pattern your team after
- What to look for when selecting a team leader
- The top 4 reasons a team becomes dysfunctional
- How to overcome burnout due to overwork and deadline
- Developing team guidelines you can live with
- How to keep your finger on the pulse of your team
- How to add new members ... without creating new problems
- Coordinate team efforts to reach a common goal
- How to remove problem people from troubled teams without
causing even more difficulties
- The key to maintaining the energy of high-performance
- Eliminate "hidden agendas"
- Sidestep the #1 pitfall when team members critique
- The first step to take when a team is frustrated,
stuck or squabbling
- The secret to ridding your teams of cliques and one-upmanship
- How to get team members to resolve their own differences
and stop running to you all the time
- 3 key areas where you must always have team participation
- Managing different team cultures and work styles
- How to refocus teams that have veered off track
- Do incentive programs do any good? Find out here
- How to keep dominant types off their soap boxes
- Coaching the prima donna, the silent knight and the
- How to make sure team members have the resources they
need to work
- When all else fails -- how to restructure an ailing
- The only time anger will actually help you
- How to put a stop to dirty tactics and turf-guarding
- Should you ever sit in on a team meeting? The answer
may surprise you
- 3 ways to keep teams fresh, innovative and creative
- How to challenge teams to constantly improve
- 1 question to avoid at all costs when asking for team
- How you can motivate teams to jump the hurdle to creativity
- How to keep team members excited about their work
- How to turn conflict into motivation
- Team motivation vs. individual incentives -- deciding
which is best for your team
Should Attend ...
For managers, supervisors and other leaders responsible
for building teams and ensuring they produce results.
** Register Online **
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-847-0331.
Please mention above meeting number and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".