a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Bargaining With Vendors And Suppliers
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: PVS
Dealing with vendors presents a unique
set of problems for any purchaser. If you push too hard, vendors may take
you to the cleaners when you really need them. Give vendors too good a
deal, and they may feel like they can take advantage of you.
At this one-day seminar, you'll learn how to drive a hard bargain that
both you and your suppliers can live with. You’ll build solid skills that
help you end negotiation stalemates ... get the best deal for your money
... and gain extra concessions when you can't dicker on price.
You Will Benefit ...
- Devise a better negotiating "game plan"
- Flex your negotiating muscle and get results
- Conduct more successful negotiations
- Keep control with powerful bargaining tactics
You Will Cover ...
- Developing your negotiation strategy
- Discovering in advance what the final offer will be
- 4 ways vendors will test your skill as a negotiator
- Getting what you want from a vendor who's difficult
to work with
- Understanding the fine print in proposals and bids
- Increasing your chances for a quick agreement
- Surprising areas you should always negotiate (price
is just one of many)
- Strategies your vendors will wish you didn't have
- Making small concessions seem BIG
- Effectively negotiating from a weak position
- Sidestepping the pitfalls of buying by phone
- Increasing your chances of a quick agreement
- Terms and conditions you should include in every agreement
- How to negotiate with a vendor who thinks you're "small
- 5 points to insist on before you sign a purchasing
- The single most important element of any negotiation
- Don't get stuck with the bill when you can't agree
who's at fault when a mistake has been made
- How to make yourself "sound" more like a master negotiator
- How to turn the tables when the talks aren't going
- The 1 revelation about vendors that can make you a
tougher bargainer instantly
- How to maximize the time-tested negotiating advantage
of "home turf"
- How to use alternative sourcing as your ace in the
- Responding to the vendor who says "that's the lowest
bid I can offer"
- How to keep body language from "tipping your hand"
- An "eleventh-hour" checklist to complete before making
your final offer
- How to make a grandstand gesture without ending talks
- The "Win-Win" technique that guarantees both sides
- 3 basic rules of persuasion you'll want to follow when
working with sales reps
- Persuasion techniques for moving a vendor who won't
Should Attend ...
For purchasing agents, buyers and others who work with
vendors and who want to negotiate the best possible deals and get better
prices, service and quality.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".