a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Handling Difficult And Demanding Customers: A Communications Course
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: PZF
Learn how to effectively respond to
all types of difficult customers through proactive service techniques.
You Will Benefit ...
- Keep angry customers from taking their frustrations
out on you
- Bring out the best in people who are genuinely upset
- Become known as a problem-solver
- Transform conflict into cooperation
- Feel less stress on the job
- Resolve complaints faster
- Build up repeat business by satisfying more customers
You Will Cover ...
- It costs five times as much to get a customer as it
does to keep one. Here you'll learn the key to maintaining good relationships
with even your most difficult customers.
- Recognizing and changing customer behavior patterns
- Specific phrases you can say to calm different types
- Why a strategy that works on one difficult person may
be disastrous in another
Become A Proactive Service Provider
- Customers spend up to 10 percent more for the same
product if they receive better service. At this course, you'll discover
how to prevent problems before they start.
- Listening techniques you should use before choosing
a communication style
- Important information you can derive from body language
- Situational service strategies you can use to more
efficiently handle upset customers
- 2 ways to say "no" - are you choosing the most effective
Advance Your Communication Skills
- Studies show that 98 percent of customer interactions
go more quickly when service providers establish rapport. You'll learn
how to meet the challenges of communicating with difficult customers
during this session.
- Does the customer focus on the people or the problem?
What this should tell you about how to proceed
- The most effective way to respond to unreasonable demands
- Making the customer feel valued from the start
Confidently Defuse The Situation
- Angry customers tell up to 20 other people when they
are unhappy about the service they receive. This is your chance to learn
how to turn around difficult customer behavior.
- The 3 most difficult types of customers and how to
handle each one
- Cutting through the emotion to get the facts you need
to solve problems
- From simply irate to abusive - how to get through to
Expertly Resolve Complaints
- Impress customers with good service and they'll share
their experiences with 9 to 12 people. Here, you'll learn to build loyalty
and change difficult behavior by exceeding expectations.
- Optioning - a very effective, but often underused,
- Dealing with customers who only want to talk to "management"
- Tactfully handling a situation when the customer caused
the problem: How to keep from getting drawn into an argument
Should Attend ...
For anyone in a customer contact position who wants to
handle difficult people better, resolve complaints faster and cope with
job stress and frustration.
** Register Online **
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention above meeting number and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".