a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How To Legally Collect Accounts Receivable
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: SCC
Pick any business in the country today,
and you can bet one of the toughest jobs there belongs to the person who’s
responsible for collecting overdue and unpaid accounts.
By its nature, collection work is difficult. The last thing debtors want
is to be confronted by a collector’s call. Consequently, hostility and
rejection become stressors that collectors must cope with daily. Add to
that the frustration of keeping up with records, paperwork, legal issues
and deadlines, and you have a colossal headache.
Fortunately, we’ve come up with a cure for that headache this one-day
workshop packed with techniques and shortcuts that will make your collection
responsibilities easier ... and dramatically more effective.
You Will Benefit ...
- Turn excuses into payments
- Become more assertive and effective in your collection
- Collect debts without damaging customer relations
- Reduce the time, effort and stress involved in collecting
You Will Cover ...
How To Collect More ... In Less Time
- A proven method for collecting small debts economically
- 4 negotiation techniques that will dramatically improve
your success rate in collections
- What you can learn from the country’s top professionals
about collecting large accounts
- A terrific 5-step system for boosting your telephone
collecting power immediately
- 3 tried-and-true ways to make sure debtors keep their
- Avoiding the runaround how to find the right person
the first time
- How to get a debtor on your side in the first vital
20 seconds of a call
- 3 proven-effective ways to strike an agreement with
- 4 little-known strategies for dealing with the professional
- When to hire a collection agency and how to hire
the right one
- How to set deadlines for debtors
- How to be tough with your collections ... yet keep
the customer from getting angry
How To Develop Communication Power
- The 3 absolute best responses to a debtor who says
"the check is in the mail"
- 7 deadly sins of collection letters ... and how to
- The single most effective way to deliver an ultimatum
- How to spot and head off potential payment problems
- 5 sure-fire ways to get an honest answer over the phone
- How to eliminate the 4 "red-flag" words from your conversation
that can damage your collection efforts
- 4 compelling ways to get results with your first collection
Perform Like A Pro Through Self-Motivation
- How to master the 6 self-motivation techniques of the
country’s top collectors
- How to develop the 1 quality collectors must have to
- A dynamic method for turning any objection into payment
- A simple system of setting priorities to boost your
cash flow now
- How to overcome your fear of confrontations ... once
and for all
- 4 essential steps of effective pre-call planning
- How to manage your time to get the greatest return
What You Must Know To Stay Legal
- How to collect 10 to 20 percent more in bad debts ...
without having to use a lawyer
- A simple 3-step method for getting out-of-town debtors
to pay up
- 2 situations in which you should absolutely not accept
a payment check ... and why
- How to put "legal bite" into your letters and phone
- 4 legal definitions that can help keep you out of court
- What and how you must document to stay legal
- Is it worth it? A simple formula for measuring the
cost of going to court
- BONUS! 3 things you legally can't do when trying to
collect bad debts
Should Attend ...
For business office managers, collection agents, bookkeepers,
secretaries, small business owners anyone who wants to collect more
overdue accounts in less time.
** Register Online **
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention above meeting number and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".