National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Advanced Training for Microsoft® Excel
An intensive day of training that puts you in command of Excel’s most advanced features and functions
What You Will Learn
Who Should Attend
Thanks to an exciting training opportunity coming to your area, you can get up to speed fast on the most advanced features for improving your efficiency and expanding your capabilities in Excel. Advanced Training for Microsoft® Excel, a comprehensive one-day learning event, has been developed for Excel users who’re ready to put this amazing software to work for amazing results.
Excel, the longstanding powerhouse of spreadsheet software, is one of the most commonly used business applications on the planet. As an Excel user, you know that the software has unlimited capabilities for making your job easier and less stressful. But learning the countless features available to you can be a daunting task. This workshop will teach you the most advanced features and functions Excel offers – taking your level of proficiency from basic to advanced. After one day of training you’ll be amazed at how this powerful program can work for you.
What You'll Learn:
Who Should Attend?
- Use Visual Basic for Applications to create macros that will execute scores of commands with a single click.
- Analyze millions of cell values and distill that data into meaningful information you can use.
- Let VBA walk you through setting up simple macros that can create reports, generate statistics, and develop new data files.
- Build macros that not only create monthly reports but automatically reset each team member’s worksheets with new YTD and quarterly totals.
- Use the Visual Basic Editor to enhance the power and flexibility of your existing macros.
- Create interactive macros that will prompt users for required data and check entries for accuracy.
- Quickly develop dialog sheets with text boxes, radio buttons, check boxes, and pull down lists for more accurate data entry.
- Set macros to utilize logical constructs such as If … Then statements to perform data evaluation and correction for your users.
- Automatically generate reports, graphs, statistics, and totals from data entered by multiple users in a shared workbook.
- Quickly publish your Excel workbook with graphs, charts, and reports as a Web page – complete with interactive options.
- Quickly, cleanly draw out crucial records with the AutoFill and Advanced Filter options.
- Let Excel’s PivotTable and PivotChart features manage millions of cell values to create useful statistics in just seconds.
- Use statistical, financial, database, and other functions to provide unmatched accuracy and reliability to your department and corporate reports.
- Easily create sophisticated graphs that shine with professional polish with the tips and tricks you’ll learn.
- Download extensive Internet data onto an Excel spreadsheet and quickly organize it into useful reports and statistical analysis.
This training has been designed for Excel users who’re ready to tap into the advanced features and functions for increased efficiency and productivity, and for greater capability to analyze and share data.
Easy Editing Techniques
- Managers and supervisors
- Office managers
- Accounting and finance professionals
- Administrative assistants
- Project managers
- Sales managers
- Business professionals
- Anyone who generates reports, analyzes data, or uses spreadsheets in their work
- Using the Advanced Filter and AutoFilter to display the information you need
- Controlling multiple ranges with AutoFill
- Extracting filtered ranges
- Using multiple criteria for creating advanced filters, databases, and list management
- Time-saving keyboard shortcuts
More Than Your Basic Macro
- Setting up shared workbooks
- View users sharing a workbook
- Change the updated frequency
- Merging shared files
Creating pull-down menus for shared workbooks
Formulas and Functions
- Macro review: Running, stopping, and pausing macros
- Assign macros to buttons and objects
- Starting Visual Basic Editor (VBE)
- Using VBE to create new macros and edit existing ones
- Using Variables in macros
- Creating interactive macros
- Debugging macros with the Step feature Editing Steps for Macros
- Editing existing macros from the macros menu
- Editing existing macros using Editor
- Streamlining your access to VBA modules with Project Explorer
- Where to find free Visual Basic Code for macros
Using Analytical Options
- Building complex formulas quickly and easily
- Using the Function Palette and cutting your work time in half
- Using key logic functions If, And, Or, and Not to make data more usable
- Creating conditional formulas
- Using Match, Index, V, and HLookup in large worksheets
- Manipulating text entries with Excel’s extensive set of functions and formulas
Advanced Charting, Tables, Databases, and Lists
- Using Goal Seek and Solver
- Working with the Analysis Toolpak
- Working with scenarios to analyze data and equations
- Working with view options
- Using auditing to create a visual map of your data
- Creating custom charts for added interest and relevance to your reporting
- Exploring database functions
- Working with data forms
- Creating data tables
- How to create and manage PivotCharts and Tables
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".