National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Organizing and Managing Accounts Payable
The training you need to be more effective and efficient immediately –
and to avoid making mistakes that could cost your organization plenty!
Accounts Payable Professional:
As someone whos developed entire accounting systems
for organizations from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies across
industries, from non-profits to manufacturing I understand the
enormous challenges you face every day in the trenches.
Youre under constant deadlines, your workload is
overwhelming, you have enormous responsibility and not enough authority
and everyone thinks all you do is PAY THE BILLS!
Sound familiar? Sure it does. Ive heard those frustrations
time and again from literally hundreds of AP professionals like you that
Ive had the privilege to train and talk with over the years. And
theres yet another stressor that comes along with your tough job:
Even a single mistake on your part can cost your company plenty. Holy
smoke, talk about pressure!
But help is on the way, thanks to an incredible one-day
workshop, Organizing and Managing Accounts
Payable. Weve condensed tons of information to get
to the essentials the very latest proven AP techniques, accepted
best practices guaranteed to improve your accuracy and SAVE MONEY, and
techniques, tips and shortcuts that will help you get more done in less
Heres a sample of the skill-building instruction
youll gain ...
- How-tos for organizing, streamlining
and managing your enormous workload
- 6 crucial questions you should ask about every invoice
- Secrets to setting up files that will hold up under
scrutiny of an audit
- Update on current government regulations and requirements
- A fail-safe system that eliminates duplicate payments
- Tips for getting approvals and authorizations
without getting headaches!
And thats just the beginning! Theres also
a special section on the latest in AP technology, which includes what
you need to know about document scanning, three-way match, purchasing
cards, AP software that works for you instead of against you, and much
more. Get an eye-opening look at what you can do today to position yourself
for continued AP success in the future.
Participants frequently tell me that what they love about
this workshop is that it provides more than just cutting-edge information.
It also gives them the rare opportunity to share ideas with peers who
know where theyre coming from and to learn from the experiences
of other AP professionals. Who knew a day of training could be so much
So what are you waiting for, friends? I personally guarantee
you that this workshop is the fastest and best way to improve your AP
skills and learn how to make your job easier. Enroll right now while theres
still space available by calling 1-800-258-7246. Youll be glad you
Rocky White, CPA, MBA
Senior Seminar Trainer, Accounts Payable
P.S. Did I mention the information-packed workbook youll
get? It contains program content, sample forms you can quickly customize,
a list of AP resources and more. This exclusive resource is available
ONLY through this workshop!
- Get an update on government requirements for handling
- Discover the latest timesavers for processing payables
- Institute more effective internal controls for reducing
duplicate payments, fraud and wasteful spending
- Turn your AP department into a profit center!
- Learn power tips and shortcuts for reducing your massive
- Prevent costly errors by spotting weaknesses in your
- Gain recognition and respect for the hard work you
- Master the essentials of managing mountains of invoices
- Streamline the entire payment process with simple
techniques – and dramatically boost your efficiency
- Learn how to audit-proof your record-keeping system
- Analyze your organization’s internal controls for
weaknesses and holes – and eliminate potential for costly errors
- Harness the latest AP technology to do your job more
efficiently than ever
- Track invoices and purchase orders with newfound ease
- Learn the secret to acquiring approvals, verifications,
sign-offs and signatures – easily and with fewer hassles and hold-ups!
- Say goodbye to petty cash headaches by gaining control
over this much-abused commodity
- Build safety nets into your processing system that
guarantee bills get paid on time
- Get control of your monstrous paper overload and find
anything you need in seconds!
- Eliminate the potential for duplicate payments with
a fail-safe system
- Avoid the most costly AP mistakes – and save your
organization big bucks!
- Deal with difficult vendors and suppliers with tact
and finesse – even in the stickiest situations
- Use the Internet to get quick answers to your frustrating
- Boost your professionalism and credibility by knowing
which key skills to develop for ongoing AP career success
Is this workshop for you? Find out!
Answer the following questions Yes or No ...
- Do you have minimal or no backlog of unpaid invoices?
- Do you have a fail-safe system in place for eliminating
- Do you have written procedures for your department
– and do employees really follow them?
- Are you confident that your files and records could
withstand the scrutiny of an audit?
- Do you know what it costs your department to pay an
- Are you up-to-date on the latest government regulations
that affect AP, including 1099 compliance?
- Do you know how many invoices you handle each month
and the various vendor groups they’re from?
- Do you have set procedures to help identify employee
fraud and vendor fraud?
- Do employees turn in forms, authorizations and information
to you on a timely basis?
- Do you have adequate time to complete your tasks and
responsibilities in an average work week?
- Do you get the respect and recognition you deserve
for your important work as an AP professional?
Can you answer “yes” to every question? If not, this information-packed
workshop will benefit you in major ways!
Elements of Highly Successful AP Pros
- Understanding your important role in your organizations
- How many hats do you wear? Why your job
is much more than paying the bills
- Qualities the best AP pros share
- A review of critical processes, systems and procedures
- Skill Practice: Testing your accounting knowledge
Shortcuts and Timesavers for Managing Your Workload – Without Sacrificing
- Slick techniques for managing mountains of invoices
- 6 questions every AP pro must ask about each invoice
- Proven how-tos for streamlining
your payment process
- Tracking tips that ensure youve received what
youre paying for
- Maintaining current and accurate payment records without
jumping through unnecessary hoops
- Skill Practice: Identifying your departments
biggest time-wasters and how to eliminate them
Up Internal Controls That Will Make Your Job Easier – Immediately!
- Your organizations controls: how do they stack
- Setting up vendor number controls and receiver controls
- How to implement an easy, fail-safe system for eliminating
- Charging the expense to the right account your
role in ensuring accurate business records
- Surefire ways to spot and stop expense
- Skills Practice: 4 actions to take to improve expense
reporting in your organization
Money-Savers to Tap for Your Organization
- Early payment discounts: when are they a good deal,
and when should you pass?
- Why you should keep manual checks to an absolute minimum
- "How-tos" for negotiating your way
out of paying late fees
- The most common costly AP errors and how to avoid
- Recovery of VAT and GST: does your organization qualify
for this money-saver?
- Skills Practice: Understanding the pros and cons of
often-debated common AP policies
Your People Skills to Get What You Need – Without Getting a Headache!
- 7 hassle-free steps to getting approvals, documentation and complete
information the first time!
- Understanding the most important rule in the vendor/supplier relationships
- Tips for negotiating excellent payment terms
- Skill Practice: Brainstorming solutions for minimizing petty cash
and petty cash hassles
to Set Up Audit-Proof Files and Records
- Secrets to setting up files that will hold up under the toughest
- Making your files accessible without allowing others to mess them
- What you need to know about year-end reporting, including 1099s
- UPDATE: Latest government requirements and regulations regarding
how you should handle certain payments
SECTION: AP Technology and Trends
- Advantages and disadvantages of purchasing cards
- Latest advances in electronic document scanning
- How computer-based receiving impacts AP
- Making the most of what the Internet has to offer
- What to look for in AP software that will work for
you, not against you
- DISCUSSION: Emerging AP trends and how to position
yourself for future success!
What You Need to Know About the Latest AP Technology
Youll get up-to-the-minute information on ...
- Purchasing cards
- Computer-based receiving
- Document scanning
- 3-way match
- AP software
- Online resources
- Emerging AP trends
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".