National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How to Build Strategic Thinking Skills
A practical approach to strategic thinking, problem solving, and decision making. In other words, a day of training that’s absolutely CRITICAL for EVERY success-minded professional!
You’ve Got Challenges. This Training Will Help You Succeed ... We Guarantee It!
It seems like the new mantra of today’s workplace is “we’ve got to be strategic about this.” But, while there’s a lot of lip service proclaiming the virtues of strategic thinking, there isn’t a great deal of understanding of what strategic thinking really is. And that leads to poor strategies.
Unfortunately, when our strategies are weak, so are our results. That’s why this training is so important.
How to Build Strategic Thinking Skills is an amazing day of learning that will open your mind to a whole new way of thinking about how you think through any challenge or problem you face.
You’ll learn how to break down any business situation from a strategic perspective, identifying hurdles, opportunities, hot issues, and constraints. Then, you’ll learn to formulate effective strategies for addressing the dilemma you’re up against ... creating an effective strategic plan and execution strategy to ensure positive results.
Better Decisions Begin With Strong Strategic Thinking Skills
Want to be a stronger problem solver? Want to make more on-target decisions more frequently? It all starts with improving your strategic thinking skills.
At this workshop, you’ll learn how to ...
It’s an incredible, intensive day of training sure to help you be a more successful decision maker from now on!
What Are You Waiting For? The Smart Strategy Is to Enroll Right Now! Savvy professionals recognize an opportunity to take their skills to a whole new level — and, my friend, this training IS that opportunity!
- Challenge conventional thinking
- Read the environment of today and anticipate the environment of tomorrow
- Weigh risks against the potential rewards
- Understand the drivers, strengths, and vulnerabilities of any situation or business condition
- Articulate your strategies so everyone understands
- Avoid costly mistakes using “what-if” thinking
- Align strategic decisions with critical goals
What You'll Learn
- Respond more quickly and strategically in a constantly changing business climate
- Identify not-so-obvious opportunities in any situation
- Communicate your strategic vision in a way that gains buy-in and commitment to critical goals
- Learn from the strategy missteps ... and the successes ... of others
- Challenge the status quo and lead your organization to greater success
- Discover how to acquire and evaluate information required to form smart strategies
- Understand organizational barriers to thinking strategically and implementing new strategic plans
- Learn how to move from strategic thinking to strategic planning
- Access more of your “idea power” than you currently do to generate smarter, more effective solutions
Strategic Thinking Essentials
Strategic Thinking for Better Decisions
- Strategic Thinking Rule #1: Open minds are essential!
- Challenging conventional thinking
- What’s your vision? Seeing possibilities beyond the present
- Thinking big and broadly
- Automatic filters that affect your perception of the world and the way you think
- Reading the environment of today and anticipating the environment of tomorrow
- Zoom-in, Zoom-out: looking beyond the picture you see from where you stand
The Strategic Thinker’s Thinking Tools
- What do you need to accomplish? Focus on the goal
- Weighing risks against the potential rewards
- Intuition or hard fact? Why you need to consider both
- Building adaptability and flexibility into your decisions
- Choices must be made: establishing priorities
- How hiccups and mistakes can be a strategic thinker’s best friend
Creative and Critical Thinking Skills
- The important role of information gathering in concepting new strategies
- Understanding the drivers, strengths, and vulnerabilities of any situation or business condition
- Identifying roadblocks and land mines that can throw you off track
- Protecting your “thinking time” — it’s hard to be your strategic best amidst the hustle and bustle of everyday life
- Questioning strategies: the best answers come from the best questions
- Articulating your strategies: communicating so everyone understands
From Strategic Thinking to Strategic Planning
- The differences among strategic, creative, and critical thinking — and why all 3 are important
- Creative idea generation — how to come up with lots of outside-the-box ideas fast
- An oldie but still a goodie for critical thinkers: SWOT Analysis
- Get out of “stuck in a rut” thinking
- Avoid costly mistakes using what-if thinking
- Paradigms: where to look for the next generation of breakthrough ideas
- Using the “Why 5 Tool” to determine what’s really important to you
- Aligning strategic decisions with critical goals
- Critical steps of strategic thinking that guarantee your action plan succeeds
- Ground rules for making stronger decisions and plans
- Setting measurable, specific objectives
- Identify organizational barriers that may interfere with new strategic plans
- Keeping strategic planning simple: the hazards of confusing “comprehensive” with “complex”
- Resource needs planning: a critical part of any strategic plan
- The strategic planning team — and why it’s never a team of one!
- How to monitor your strategic plan’s effectiveness and recognize cues that signal
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".