National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Creative Leadership Skills For Managers & Supervisors
A totally “out-of-the-cube” experience
Jump-start your career and power up your leadership skills
with a state-of-the-art management event unlike any other workshop youve
been to before.
We call this highly innovative (and majorly fun) leadership
event a crash course because it offers you total immersion
in a revolutionary way of thinking about leadership and management
and innovative approaches proven to motivate TODAYs employees to
increased productivity and improved performance.
You wont be required to don helmets and seatbelts,
but our crash course is guaranteed to be one wild ride of
a leadership training experience!
You can expect
- Innovative motivators proven to increase employee
- Creative discipline solutions to common problems like
tardiness, missed deadlines, absenteeism and employee squabbles
- Team-building games for developing a rock-solid team
- How tos for assessing your creative leadership
style for its strengths
- Morale boosters thatll make your workplace more
- A rollicking day of training unlike anything youve
Think of this course as a seminar, and youve got
it all wrong. This is a learning adventure filled with fun exercises,
lively discussions and activities thatll get your creative sparks
But dont miss the point with all this talk of fun,
fun, fun! This event is seriously focused on helping you BECOME A MORE
EFFECTIVE LEADER AND GET BETTER RESULTS.
Fact is, todays employees want MORE from their jobs
than just a paycheck. They want meaningful work. A positive work environment.
Sincere appreciation for a job well done. Rewards for outstanding performance.
Open communication. To feel valued by management. And, they want inspiring
leadership from YOU.
Whoa, thats a tall order, Fearless Leader! Which
is why you simply cannot afford to miss the Creative Leadership
Crash Course. Its innovative principles will transform you into
the kind of leader who gets incredible results through employees. Imagine
how productive and energized your workplace will be when your people are
eager to come to work every day!
So take the plunge and get your tail out of the spin. Enroll right now
and join us for the most fun youll ever have learning serious leadership
Attend this leadership crash course and you
wont crash-and-burn in leadership! Heres what you can expect
- Employees who are more productive and more focused
- Morale at an all-time high, as employees respond to
the positive work environment youre establishing
- Laughter in the hallways and it wont
be the paranoid,
- Team goals achieved
- Employees who are creative problem-solvers, freeing
you to do more than put out fires
- Reduced sniping and griping
- Improved performances as your positive feedback pays
- Better customer relations: Happy employees treat
- Mutual trust and respect (Translation: Theyll
stay out of your parking spot)
- Theyll get it the first time
- Creative ideas for better work processes
- Far fewer behavior problems to deal with
- Less stress and more fun at work
- Manager of the Year nomination
- People fighting to get into your unit/team/department
not out of it
- Meetings that dont feature snoring
- Empowered employees who show initiative and
- Employees who get along without gritting their teeth
- Admiration from employees and colleagues alike, wholl
think youre a truly cool leader
- Cooler gifts on Bosss Day
- New team leaders who want to get an edge up by learning
important skills that translate into real results
- Established team leaders who want solid direction
and creative ideas for addressing and overcoming specific team challenges
- Any team leader who hasn't participated in leadership
training in more than a year because highly successful leaders
know ongoing skill development is critical to on-going leadership
Up Your Creative Leadership Muscles
- It starts with YOU! The 10 Rules of Creative Leadership
- Understanding why the old management models fall short
with todays workforce
- What do employees want and expect in a leader? The
answers may surprise you!
- When to break the management rules and why
- How does your creativity measure up? An eye-opening
Communication Methods (No Yodelling
- Positive language that fosters a creative, productive
staff and words that shouldnt leave your lips
- What to say and how to say it: step-by-step instructions
for giving effective feedback without deflating morale
- Praise in public; criticize in private understanding
the importance of this management caveat
- Creating a safe environment for brainstorming,
brain-linking and generating ideas
- How to say no to an employees idea
in a positive way
a Positive, Innovative Work Environment: Your Role as Leader or
You Dont Have to Hang Rubber Chickens to Have a Creative Work Environment
- How positive is your work environment? A quick quiz
thats a real
- Exude an aura of optimism every day and watch
- How do you establish a positive sense of urgency and
- Quick tips for making your workplace a livelier, more
fun place to be
- Strategies for keeping bureaucracy from killing innovation
- When creativity goes bad: what to do when an innovative
plan turns into disaster
and Team-Building The Dynamic Duo
- Managing work horizontally and other best practices
that emphasize collaboration
- How to turn your staffers into thinkers
your thinkers into active decision-makers and problem-solvers
- Appointing the Creativity Cheerleader on your team
- Do these employees have a creative-deficiency disorder?
Find the hidden in em
- Turning boring meetings into ideafests: facilitation
skills, ice-breakers, storyboarding and more
- Delegate, delegate, delegate: guidelines for empowering
your team members and easing your load
Discipline: Tactics for Turning Difficult Employees and Poor Performers
- Understanding why employees perform poorly and why you may
be partially to blame
- How-tos for confronting employee performance problems so that
positive change occurs
- Power tools for combating attitude problems, negativity and chronic
- When employees cant get along: your role in settling disagreements
- Creative solutions for curbing tardiness, absenteeism and other
common supervisory challenges
- Take a chill pill! How to keep your cool when an employee is stomping
on your last nerve
Motivating Employees to Peak Achievement
And Rewarding Their Climb
- Infusing every job with a sense of purpose and excitement
- Happy employees are productive employees: easy ways to add laughter
and humor to the job
- Discovering and playing to your employees strengths
- Tips for recognizing and relieving a worker headed for burnout
- Tools for motivating your people: spark plugs that will get em
firing on all cylinders
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".