National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Collections 101: Getting Delinquent Accounts to Pay Up!
Itís time to take your social media marketing to the next level!
Get the money that your organization is owed - safely, legally, and with less stress and quicker results.
Get the Money Your Organization Is Owed ó AND Make Absolutely SURE Youíre Complying With Collections Law
Thereís no question about it ó collections can be an incredibly difficult and stressful job. You are constantly faced with excuses, delays, and the frustration of dealing with people who just donít want to talk to you. But getting paid for the products and services you provide is critical for the financial health of your organization.
Even more importantly, you need to be absolutely sure that all collection attempts are 100% compliant with the law ó or youíre leaving your organization vulnerable to dangerous and expensive lawsuits.
Whether collections is a daily part of your job or just an occasional task, if youíre ever responsible for trying to get delinquent accounts to pay up, you need this seminar.
In one informative and practical day, weíll cover the essentials of collecting money. Youíll get an overview of the entire collection management process, including the skills and techniques that dramatically increase your odds of getting paid. Youíll learn how to keep your organization out of legal trouble by ensuring that the collection of past-due accounts is done in a legal and proper way. Youíll understand when and how to work with third-party collectors like collection agencies and attorneys.
Plus, youíll even get practical tips on the special situation of checks, notes, and guarantees, along with the special challenges involved in collecting money from international accounts! Itís a full day of information that you canít find anywhere else ó and that you absolutely need to know.
Make sure that youíre contacting and collecting from debtors in a safe and legal way ó and get the money that your organization is owed! Enroll today!
Accounts Receivable Affects the Financial Health of Your Organization: A Collections-Centric Overview
Communication and Collecting on Delinquent Accounts
- Accounts receivable and your financial statements
- Cash flow: the two most important words in business
- Effective credit management: understanding credit risk
- Developing a credit policy that works for both you and your customers
- How to use discounts and late fees to get paid earlier
- The four principles of collection management
- The importance of having a written collection policy
- Consistent follow-up: the art of showing up
Collection Letters, Skip Tracing, and Technology
- Mastering the use of telephone collection skills
- Getting past human and electronic gatekeepers
- What to do when you canít talk to your debtor
- Techniques for working with customers who canít or wonít pay
- The 10 most common excuses and how to deal with them
- Negotiating the payment of past-due accounts
- How to set up payment arrangements
Complying With Collection Laws
- What collection letters can and cannot do to help you get paid
- The five basic types of collection letters
- The important elements of standardized collection letters
- Skip-tracing essentials for locating missing debtors
- Best skip-tracing resources and how to use them
- How technology impacts collection efforts
- An overview of collection management software and services
- The advantages and disadvantages of email in collecting money
- How to use social media to help you get paid Ė and what you canít legally do
- Other uses of technology to speed up the collection process
Special Situations and How to Handle Them
- The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and what it means for creditors
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act and how to report slow payers and do credit checks
- Other important collection laws and what you need to know
- The essentials of bankruptcy: important bankruptcy statistics
- Understanding Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13
- The steps to take when customers tell you they have filed for bankruptcy
Dealing With Severely Delinquent Accounts
- Crossing borders: what you need to know about collecting money internationally
- How to protect your business with international collections
- An overview of working with checks, notes, and guarantees
- The steps to take when you get a bad check
- When not to accept a customerís check Ė and how to tell
- When and how to use promissory notes and guarantees
- What to consider before taking your debtor to court
- How to work with collection attorneys
- Doing it yourself: the ins and outs of small-claims court
- Turning debt over to the pros: when and how to use collection agencies
- How to find a good collection agency
- Questions to ask a prospective collection agency
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".