National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Learn how to write compelling copy that immediately grabs your reader's attention ... moves them to action ... and sends your response rates soaring!
The Copywriter's Workshop
The complete course on creating killer copy for both traditional and e-media
Give Us Two Days and You’ll Be Creating More Successful Copy the Very Next Day!
All the fancy graphics and eye-catching layouts in the world won’t help your marketing pieces without one key ingredient: Powerful copy that makes your reader crave the product or service you’re selling or promoting. And while there are a few copywriting strategies that remain timeless (“Show … don’t tell!”), everything else seems to change on a monthly basis. What worked in a campaign six months ago can fall flat today.
That’s why we’re inviting you to learn how to easily stay on top of your game by attending this invigorating, inspirational and eye-opening workshop, The Copywriter’s Workshop. It’s two days packed with copywriting “how tos” … cutting-edge attention-grabbing techniques … successful strategies for selling your message … and proven tips for overcoming the most infuriating challenges that copywriters face every day!
Learn From Advertising Executive And Copywriting Guru, Greg Kirsch
If you want to learn how to fix a car, you ask a mechanic. If you want to learn how to dazzle your audience with extraordinary copy, you go to the man presenting this seminar.
Greg Kirsch is an advertising industry insider with 25 years of proven experience, outstanding success and professional acclaim as a top executive. Greg has helped thousands of creative souls around the world find the keys to turning out consistently successful copy, whether it’s for a grass-roots fund-raising effort, or a multi-million dollar ad campaign for an international company.
Come With Questions Because We Have The Answers!
Copywriters from around the world have benefited from the powerful copy strategies you’ll learn in this interactive two-day workshop. From accurately targeting your audience … to crafting the best possible hook … to writing lean, error-free copy that sings to your reader, you and your peers will master the hows and whys of creating successful copy.
Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to practice what you’ve learned before you head back to the keyboard for your next project. So bring your questions … we’re positively sure you’ll find the answers here!
Master Successful Copywriting Techniques In Just Two Days!
The chance for you to immerse yourself in two entertaining and jam-packed days of discussing and dissecting the craft of copywriting with a room full of your peers doesn’t come around often. The fact that this will be the most enjoyable two days you’ll ever experience makes this the one “must attend” training session of the year for you. Don’t put it off – register today and start writing better copy than you ever imagined!
Who should attend
Anyone who influences the development and creation of stunningly successful copy can – and will – benefit from this stellar seminar, including, but not limited to:
The chance to learn from one of the industry’s brightest and wittiest copywriting minds doesn’t come around often! Don’t let this unique opportunity pass you by … register today!
- Marketing managers
- Ad directors
- Account executives
- Designers/art directors
- Creative directors
- “Do-It-All” marketing professionals
- People who suddenly find they’re writing copy as part of their new responsibilities
- And more!
Learn how to:
- Create benefit-packed copy each and every time
- Use humor appropriately – and effectively – in your copy
- Turn off the “Copywriting Faucet” when your words start to overflow
- Write effectively when your job calls for you to write for different mediums
- Determine which “appeal” works best for your project
- Keep your copy lively when you’re conveying dry or technical information
- Create powerful headlines and attention grabbing tag lines
- Avoid the Top 10 Copywriting Mistakes that will doom your message
SPECIAL SECTION: Writing for the Web … it’s a whole new world!
Bonus: A humorous – but eye-opening – look at tired words and phrases that you need to remove from your copywriting vocabulary RIGHT NOW!
Writing to Your Audience Every Time
Copywriting Commandments That Every Great Writer Needs to Know
- Effective targeting techniques that zero in on your audience
- Picking out the most compelling benefits of your product
- Identifying what motivates your audience
- How to instantly touch those emotional “hot spots” that get you in good with the reader
- Proven and practical methods of increasing credibility for prospective customers
The Short Course on Copywriting Mechanics, Structure and Grammar
- How to pick hot words and phrases that add to your sell – not detract from it
- Know your features … sell their benefits – and how to always figure this out
- Creating powerful headlines and tag lines that grab attention
- Opening lines that keep your customers reading further
- Tips for breathing life into dry, technical or detailed info
Avoiding and Overcoming Common Copywriting Headaches and Mistakes
- Grammar rules that your 4th grade teacher would be shocked to see you break … but break them anyway
- How to talk one-to-one in a marketing effort that reaches millions of people
- Powerful punctuation: How to use ellipses, bullets, commas for maximum effect
- Using alliteration and repetition properly without coming off cheesy
- Imagery – the power of painting a picture with your words
- How to make your benefit bullets short, snappy and full of reasons for your customer to buy
Writing Copy for Different Media
- How to combat wordiness and keep the content sharp
- Tips to keep you from falling in love with your creativity (at the expense of the sale)
- Are your promises big enough – or too big? Techniques that’ll keep your copy from straying over the top
- Walking the tight rope of writing humorous copy
- How to get the ideas flowing when you’re stuck
- The Top 10 Copywriting Mistakes that kill your message, blow your sale and drive copy editors nuts
More Techniques Guaranteed to Take Your Copy to the Next Level
- Anatomy of a great ad no matter what media you work in: Direct mail, TV, radio, brochures, print ads, Web, press releases, sales letters, faxes or e-mail
- How to grab your customer’s attention in 5 seconds or less when they’re turbo-surfing the Web
- Tips for moving from one media to another
- The qualities of an effective “P.S.” that transforms it from something you just tack on to the end of your copy to a powerful deal-closer
- Fundamentals of Web marketing … copy rules for new media
- Copywriting for visual impact
BONUS: Also included in your two-day copywriting workshop, these special features:
- Keys to building customer trust in your copy
- When, where and how to use testimonials
- USP – what it is and how to make sure that your special promise is big enough
- Ways to dramatize offerings for greater appeal
- Testing your copy: What, when, how and why you test
“Copywriting CSI” – Performing an Autopsy on the Effectiveness of Your Copy! Using real-world case studies, you’ll learn how to objectively audit the true effectiveness of your copy when your marketing piece fails.
“Forget Carnegie Hall, to Get to Madison Avenue, Ya Gotta Practice, Practice, Practice!” Get hands-on practice transforming your own copy from the merely good to devastatingly GREAT with tons of exercises that’ll help you flex your mighty copywriting muscles!
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".