How to Communicate With Tact, Professionalism, and Diplomacy
Learn the secrets to being seen as a polished, influential professional who garners respect and builds positive relationships with ease.
People judge you by how you communicate. Learn the secrets to coming across as positive, credible, friendly, and professional ... and watch your results soar!
It’s a fact: The ability to communicate effectively can make or break your career. Don’t believe it? Consider this staggering statistic from a survey of U.S. businesses: “Inability to communicate” and “poor communication skills” were listed as the top reasons for employees not succeeding on the job.
That probably comes as no surprise to you, because as a professional today you’ve seen time and again how people who have first-rate communication skills go farther faster in their organizations than those who don’t. But contrary to popular belief, the ability to communicate with finesse and diplomacy isn’t a gift that some are born with and the rest of us lack. It’s a skill that can be learned and mastered, just like any other skill.
This training offers the easiest, most effective way to build essential communication skills.
In today’s highly competitive business environment, effective, diplomatic communication is a skill that must be mastered if you intend to get ahead and stay there. How to Communicate With Tact, Professionalism, and Diplomacy is a powerful workshop that combines all facets of on-the-job interpersonal communication — from speaking to writing to listening to presenting — and shows you step-by-step how to master them.
This intensive communication training boils down tons of information into “the most important of the most important” so you learn the powerful techniques, tools, and strategies that will make the most significant impact on your effectiveness.
For example, you’ll learn ...
Stop learning the hard way through trial and error!
- Expert techniques for exerting influence on the actions and attitudes of others
- How-to’s for communicating diplomatically in a variety of tough situations
- Strategies for opening the lines of communication to end energy-draining feuding and infighting in your department
- Presentation skills that will make you a standout in meetings
- How to make sure your e-mails and reports get better results
The truth is that most of us haven’t had the opportunity to learn the essential communication skills taught in this comprehensive workshop. Instead, we stumble along doing the best we can and sooner or later, we open mouth, insert foot!
You’ve been there, right? Whether you spoke too soon and said something you didn’t mean to, communicated bad news in a way that caused morale to plummet, or found yourself blindsided by a question in a meeting, you’ve undoubtedly been in situations where you said the wrong thing and regretted it later.
We all have. And it’s only because you didn’t have the communication skills you needed to handle the situation more diplomatically. As a result, your work relationships may have suffered in the past, coworkers may have formed grudges against you, and your projects missed deadlines because your people couldn’t get along.
Become a highly respected, highly influential, highly successful communicator!
Attend this intensive communication workshop and you can say good-bye to misunderstandings and miscommunication once and for all! Imagine how great it will feel — and how your career will benefit — when you suddenly have the ability to get your point across powerfully but diplomatically, when you’re understood every time you speak, when you’re respected by colleagues for your communication savvy.
Whether you’re a manager, supervisor, sales rep, attorney, technician, or HR professional, the degree of career success you enjoy is virtually dictated by your skills in communicating with others on the job. How to Communicate With Tact, Professionalism, and Diplomacy is guaranteed to help you communicate more powerfully, more diplomatically, and more effectively with every encounter.
What You'll Learn:
- Say good-bye to misunderstandings and miscommunications that have crippled past working relationships.
- Diplomatically handle tough situations and difficult people by knowing exactly “what to say when.”
- Shine in meetings by presenting your ideas powerfully and confidently.
- Deal effectively — and quickly — with those who challenge or put you down in front of others.
- Never again find yourself wishing you could take back a statement that just flew out of your mouth.
- Convey the exact message you intend to communicate through e-mail, voice mail, and fax.
- Stop the resend, redo, and rework cycle with practical how-to’s that prevent miscommunication.
- Establish immediate rapport with coworkers, clients, or other professionals you meet.
- Avoid words and phrases that rob your message of its credibility and brand you as a “lightweight.”
- Deliver bad news, “nos,” and “sorrys” with tact.
- Give criticism in a way that promotes positive behavior change instead of creating resentment or anger.
- Smooth over hard feelings and prevent grudges from being
I. Communicating With Diplomacy and Finesse
II. Creating the Image of a Professional, Powerful Communicator
- Why today’s changing workplace demands tact and diplomacy in the communication of all professionals
- How strong interpersonal skills will magnify your personal power dramatically
- Words and phrases that will get you in trouble every time — and better options to replace them
- Where communication typically breaks down between people
- Explore your personal pattern of communication behavior; in what situations are you likely to feel powerful, overpowering, powerless?
- Damage control strategies for getting your foot out of your mouth when you’ve made a statement you regret
III. Listening Skills That Can Double Your Communication Effectiveness
- Take advantage of your personal strengths and communication pluses
- How to ensure that your communication style is serving your professional image
- Avoid speaking habits that automatically brand you as a “lightweight”
- Tips for controlling your body language and gestures to communicate the message you want
- How to appear poised and confident even when you’re not
- The secret for making a dynamic impression in those crucial first few seconds
IV. Communicating With Tact in Difficult Situations — and With Difficult People
- Listening: the most powerful — and underused — communication tool
- When silence is power: how to use it to gain information from others
- Reflective listening/responding — how to harness the 4 key skills of master listeners
- What to do when the person you’re listening to just can’t seem to get to the point
V. How to Build Rapport, Strengthen Work Relationships, and Achieve Respect
- What to say when: scripts to get you through a variety of tough situations, including delivering bad news
- How to deal verbally with backstabbing, ridicule, and the aggressive tactics of others
- What to do when you’re challenged or put down in front of others
- Tips for quickly defusing explosive or tense situations
VI. Presentation Skills That Enhance Your Credibility
- Smart ways to build strong and supportive alliances with other departments
- Develop critical rapport builders that help you connect with others immediately
- Make sure you get credit for your contributions — 6 ways to toot your own horn without bragging
- Recognize and tap into the informal channels of information
- The power of gossip and why you should never ignore it or pass it on
VII. SPECIAL SECTION: Exuding Professionalism in Your Writing — Even E-mails!
- The first step: determining what you want to accomplish with your presentation
- How to channel your nervous jitters into energy you can use in your delivery
- Strategies for establishing your credibility quickly
- How to capture your audience’s attention immediately
- 4 ways to make a dynamic impression at meetings
VIII. Communicating to Persuade and Influence
- Why a casual tone is key to today’s business communication — and tips for achieving it
- Avoid the most common mistakes made in writing e-mails and memos
- Editing musts for concise, error-free writing
- E-mails: the importance of accuracy and professional tone even in informal correspondence and messages
- How e-mails and texting have complicated communication in the workplace
- How to clear your path of the most common obstacles to getting your point across
- Tips for presenting your point of view in a way that will generate respect
- Negotiation strategies the pros rely on for success
- Don’t cave in! How to identify what you want and get it while keeping working relationships strong
- When they just won’t see it your way: understanding your options
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!