National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Unacceptable Behavior & Other Tough Employee Performance Problems
Get real-world solutions for dealing with nonperformance, negative attitudes, bad behaviors, underperformance and other tough issues - and watch productivity and morale soar through the roof!
Ever imagined how sweet your workday would be without
hearing griping and excuses, with no petty arguments to resolve and no
bad attitudes to deal with? If your employees took your criticism in stride
instead of getting angry or getting their feelings hurt?
The truth is, most managers spend an enormous amount of
time dealing with
the same employees about the same problems with the same lousy
Recurring employee problems take a tremendous toll on
your organizations bottom line in lost productivity and employee
turnover, which is why bad attitudes, unacceptable behaviors and non-performance
issues cannot go unaddressed. And as you know all too well, dealing with
nonperformers and workers with negative behaviors is an incredibly frustrating
and time-consuming part of your job as a manager.
Discover a positive new approach to handling employee
But it doesnt have to be that way, thanks to an
innovative 2-day training program developed for leaders like you. Coaching,
Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers & Supervisors is
an intensive workshop that features a positive approach to addressing
negative behaviors and substandard performance. Based on best practices
from managers around the country, this skill-packed training shows you
exactly how to get problem employees back on track confidently,
fairly and legally.
Heres just a sample of the behavior-changing criticism
and discipline skills youll learn
- Coaching and feedback techniques that result in dramatic
improvement for underperformers
- Important insight into reasons why nonperformers arent
getting the job done
- How tos for providing criticism in
a way that causes positive change, not resentment and defensiveness
- Proven strategies for turning around chronic complainers,
naysayers, and negative employees
- Keys to disciplining rule breakers fairly and effectively
- Motivation tactics that light a fire under apathetic
workers and those just marking time
- Tips for matching your leadership style to the needs
of your employees for amazing results
Get real-world solutions to your toughest employee behavior
Filled with real-world solutions and proven techniques,
this workshop is highly interactive and hands-on, allowing you ample time
to practice and fine-tune the powerful skills youre learning. Weve
thrown the outdated textbook management theories out the window and concentrated
instead on the how tos of addressing specific problem
issues, from chronic tardiness to stubborn resistance to change to petty
Youll also learn dozens of what to say when
responses that take the dread out of confronting an employee about unacceptable
behavior, so you can handle those difficult situations calmly and professionally
without breaking a sweat!
When all else fails how to fire employees legally
Unfortunately, there will always be some employees who
either cant get the job done or cant conform to behavior standards,
no matter how long and hard you work with them to improve. Thats
why weve included a special section on how to legally fire employees.
Youll learn exactly what you must do before, during and after an
employees termination to reduce legal risks for your organization
and to help you dismiss the employee from the job with dignity.
Earn the reputation of a skilled manager who leads employees
to the top!
Make no mistake: This is must-attend training for you
as a manager. The powerful skills youll learn will serve you throughout
the rest of your management career and earn you the reputation
of a strong, effective leader who inspires employees to peak achievement!
Say goodbye to non-performance issues, unacceptable employee
behavior and bad attitudes!
1. Watch your teams productivity hit new heights
as you resolve employee attitude and behavior problems.
2. Recognize the underlying causes of nonperformance so you can help those
3. Confront employee behavior issues head-on confidently, professionally
4. Provide constructive criticism that results in positive behavior changes,
rather than anger and resentment.
5. Discipline employees fairly and consistently, using proven techniques
6. Transform chronic complainers and negative thinkers into productive
7. Avoid explosive employee situations by recognizing trouble early on
and heading it off.
8. Create a positive work environment where employees feel free to communicate
openly with you.
9. Put an end to chronic absenteeism and tardiness.
10. Deal effectively with a variety of negative behaviors, from gossiping
to bickering to back-stabbing.
11. Effectively address difficult issues during performance reviews in
a way that leaves the employees self-esteem intact.
12. See an immediate, significant improvement in how employees respond
to your feedback.
13. Issue employee warnings by the book and put an end to nagging
fears that you might get sued.
14. Develop solid working relationships with employees by being able to
discuss problems without placing blame.
15. Help disruptive employees learn more appropriate behavior fast.
16. Remain calm and firm even when youre under verbal attack by
17. Know exactly what you should and should never say during
18. Gain cooperation from cynics, naysayers, rule breakers and excuse
makers and stop their attitudes from spreading.
19. Use expert coaching techniques to improve the performance of under-
achievers and those whore just marking time.
- Managers and supervisors
at all levels
- Team leaders
- Business owners
- Anyone in a position
of authority who must get results through others
101: Understanding Why Employees Dont Do What Theyre Supposed
- 13 reasons employees dont perform
- Wont do vs. Cant do
Knowing the difference
- Anatomy of a bad attitude: recognizing the major underlying
- Traits common to underperforming and difficult employees
- The negative effect of by-products of bad attitudes:
rigid thinking, resistance to change, poor job performance
- Your role as a manger in turning unwanted behavior
to Provide Criticism That Results in Positive Behavior Changes
- Critical differences between criticism thats
positive and performance-enhancing vs. criticism that demoralizes and
- Discussing a problem without pointing fingers and
- What to expect from employees when youre telling
them something theyd rather not hear
- Using reflective listening to hear the real story
- How to address poor performance and still leave the
employees esteem intact
- Opening the door for honest communication now
and in the future
Proactively With Specific Performance
and Attitude Problems
- How to analyze an employees negative behavior
can determine your best response
- Chronic complainers: tips for turning them into productive
- Cynics and naysayers: a game plan for building their
trust and cooperation
- Rule breakers: the importance of setting boundaries
and establishing consequences
- Excuse makers: the best way to cut through their smoke
- What to do when your employee requires constant attention
- Effective ways to get more commitment from employees
just doing time
- Proven techniques for charging up apathetic workers
- Dealing with the work effects of an employees
- Eliminating unwanted reactions to stress
Coaching and Feedback to Boost Morale and Send Productivity Soaring
- Communication: your power tool for remodeling
- Are you part of the problem? How your management style
may be contributing to bad attitudes
- Matching your leadership styles to the employee: why
different people require different approaches
- A quick primer on coaching techniques every manager
- Why not enough feedback is among employees
top complaints about managers and what to do about it
- The how tos of giving effective positive
- 10 unforgivable mistakes managers make with problem
employees and how to avoid them
a Positive, Energized Work Environment: Your Role as a Manager
- The #1 thing employees
want from their supervisor and your best weapon in creating a
more positive environment
- Why your attitude directly
impacts the attitude of everyone on your team
- The roles respect and trust
play in overcoming employees negative attitudes
- Eliminating blame: tips
for making it unacceptable to your entire organization
- Pointers that help build
team enthusiasm and improve overall morale
- How to mount a company-wide
anti-negativity campaign spearheaded by your department
a Successful Performance Review
- Document, document, document! Make sure you have all the facts before
you get started
- Hate giving performance reviews? Tips for psyching yourself up
- Getting a conversation going during the performance review to open
- The 2 most important questions to ask that cover all
- What to do if an employee becomes defensive or angry
- Self-rating plans: Do they work?
- Drawing conclusions and future plans for commitment
the Keys to Effective Discipline
The secret to disciplining without causing resentment
to skillfully confront the serious performance problem
its the final warning: how to be firm and specific
airtight documentation together
that let you know your discipline is on target
your companys employee handbook concerning discipline
a misconduct policy that is fair and covers all the angles
All Else Fails: When and How to Legally Fire Employees
to skip the discipline process and go right to termination
or terminate? Key issues to consider when making that decision
bad attitude can be considered a gray area in firing and
how to cover the bases with documentation to justify the action
a manager should and should never say during the firing
a termination interview should be conducted
steps that can lessen employer firing risks
to be prepared for the typical reactions of fired employees
people from their job with dignity
to say to the rest of your staff when one employee
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".