National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Highly Effective Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors
This essential one-day workshop teaches you how to handle performance problems positively. You'll take it step-by-step with everything you need to know so you can tackle employee problems head-on ... tactfully, fairly and legally.
You know that one employee. Youve spent a lot of
time, effort and frustration dealing with the nonperformance issues, the
excuses, the mistakes and the nonstop problems.
The performance problems youre seeing are not a
one-time thing. But theres hope ...
Its a pattern of behavior and its not going
to disappear by itself. As a supervisor, its your job to make certain
that you address problems leading to low productivity and lags in employee
morale. So, its time for a new game plan.
Highly Effective Criticism & Discipline Skills
will put you on track to confidently end those problems for good. Youll
make the right steps, the steps that will end the less-than-stellar employee
behavior and earn everyones respect. Youll view your challenging
employees with a new insight ... ready to do what it takes to rid them
of those work habits that are bringing them (and everyone else around
This seminar is based on sound practices from the best
managers in business today.
You wont get a day of theoretical lecture and the
flavor-of-the-month management techniques. Your employees have already
heard those. You are going to hear it straight from managers who have
been in the trenches too. Youll have the opportunity to brainstorm
and network with managers just like you who are having the same kinds
of problems in their organizations.
By enrolling in this seminar, you are going to develop
the essential skills you need to make those changes once and for all ...
- Approach nonperformers in a way that earns their trust
- Gain a sincere commitment from employees to improve
- Develop a solid plan for performance improvement
- Coach employees with positive motivation techniques
- Discipline compassionately, without being a pushover
- Thoroughly document progressive disciplinary actions
- Terminate nonperformers who simply cant do the
End the frustration and the drain on time and money. Get
Each year, organizations spend millions on poor-quality
work, low employee productivity, high turnover, negativism and absenteeism.
You pay for it in time and money. You owe it to yourself and your organization
to get the training you need.
Youll leave this seminar with new confidence, armed
with the skills and knowledge you need to evaluate and deal with your
problem guaranteed. Enroll today! See you at the workshop!
Mark R. Truitt, Executive Director
National Seminars Group
P.S. This is the survival guide no manager can be without.
This seminar will benefit your career and the careers of those you supervise.
This will be the most productive day you have ever spent away from the
office. I guarantee it.
1. Get respect from up and down the corporate ladder
as an inspired, motivating leader who produces phenomenal results
2. Spend more time on the projects your boss has set you out to do
3. Create a cohesive atmosphere where your employees thrive and strive
for greater things
4. Stop wasting time addressing the same issues over and over again
5. Be known as the person with the staff who really gets things done
6. Take down the stress level of your team and yourself
7. Get higher employee productivity with less errors
8. Retain your employees longer and create company loyalty
9. Know your boundaries: Put an end to that nagging fear that your discipline
methods might get you sued
10. Employees will see their role in the big picture and work together
toward common goals
11. Be able to give honest feedback in an open atmosphere where youre
in control and confident
12. Your employees will feel better about themselves and their contribution
to the organization
13. Watch your teams and your morale and productivity hit new
14. Develop an atmosphere of rapport, loyalty, trust and good feelings
between you and your employees
15. Employees will get the job done right without breaking any company
16. Never again get caught off-guard with news of a staff members
17. Recognize problems in the making that could turn into big trouble
down the road
18. Leave work feeling invigorated and accomplished rather than aggravated
19. Make your confidence soar: Identify managerial strengths that you
didnt know you had
20. End the feeling of dread before employee performance reviews
- New team leaders who want to get an edge up by learning
important skills that translate into real results
- Established team leaders who want solid direction
and creative ideas for addressing and overcoming specific team challenges
- Any team leader who hasn't participated in leadership
training in more than a year because highly successful leaders
know ongoing skill development is critical to on-going leadership
Tracking: Understanding the Nonperformers
- The 3 most formidable challenges in management
- 13 reasons people dont do what theyre
supposed to do
- Wont do vs. Cant do:
Know the difference
- Assessing the procedure: Is it the problem or the
- Matching leadership styles with the situation: Why
different employees require different approaches
a Solid Plan
- Using reflective listening to hear the real story
- How to address poor performance and still leave the
employees esteem intact
- Opening the door for honest communication
- Discussing a problem without pointing fingers and placing
- National Seminars exclusive 4-point system for
handling the nonperforming employee
Reviews and Team Success
- Document, document, document! Make sure you have all
the facts before you get started
- Managerial donts that could lead to hot water
- 8 steps to positive prevention
- The two most important questions to ask that cover
all the bases
- Self-rating plans: Do they work?
- Getting a conversation going during the performance
- Drawing conclusions and future plans for commitment
Specific Unwanted Employee Behaviors
- What to do when your employee requires constant attention
- Effective ways to get more commitment from employees
just doing time
- Charge up apathetic workers
- Dealing with the work effects of an employees
- Eliminating unwanted reactions to stress
- Stop a negative attitude from infecting the workplace
- Easy techniques to deal with the know-it-alls, whiners
- Putting the documentation together
- Warnings: when and how
- The 15-Point Documentation Checklist: Make certain your ducks are
in a row
- 8 specific signals that let you know your discipline is on target
- Putting your organizations policies and procedures into action
- Interpreting your companys employee handbook
- Establishing a misconduct policy that is fair and covers all the
- How to skillfully confront the serious performance problem
Tackling Problems for the Last Time: Terminations and Resignations
- The final warning: how to be firm and specific
- When to skip the discipline process and go right to termination
- Dismissing people from their jobs with dignity
- The necessary steps in the separation process
- What to say to the rest of your staff when one employee is dismissed
- Making sure this behavior never occurs in the workplace again
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".