National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Designing With Dreamweaver
A one-day Web site design seminar for users of all levels of experience. Discover how to …
- Wow 'em with interactivity using powerful built-in behaviors
- Reduce your workload with robust site development tools
- Guarantee your site looks great and WORKS great
- Learn the secrets of designing "sticky" Web sites
- Create tables, rollovers, frames and layers – without writing a single line of code!
To my fellow fans of great Web design:
When you surf the Web, no doubt you wonder how some Web
designers manage to create such fantastic Web pages. Time and again, youre
stunned by these Web gems and ask yourself the same questions:
How did they DO that? And how can I
do that on our site?
Great Web design doesnt occur by accident,
friends. Its the product of careful organization, planning and know-how.
And no software program can top the edge Dreamweaver gives you in designing
an interactive, visually stunning site that gets results. Hands down,
its the most popular, most versatile Web design program on the market
for good reason.
If creating a dynamic, interactive presence
on the Web is your goal,
Dreamweaver is the tool for you to master.
Build your Dreamweaver skills the fast and easy way
Dreamweaver is user-friendly, but theres a lot to
learn if you want to go beyond the basics and tap into its real design
power. Thats why weve developed Designing With Dreamweaver,
a one-day workshop thats the quickest, easiest way available to
pump up your Dreamweaver skills. Expect six action-packed hours with an
expert in Web design wholl answer all your burning questions on
how to use Dreamweaver to design a site that knocks the competition flat.
A sample of what well cover
- Make your site interactive and entertaining with Dreamweavers
powerful built-in behaviors
- Cut your workload with Dreamweavers site development
- Create rollovers, tables, layers, frames, all without
writing any code
- Discover how to design a site to a specific target
- Know the exact steps to take to guarantee your site
WORKS for all viewers
- Learn tricks to make sites load faster and
beat the 10-second rule
The more you know, the more you control
Thats just the beginning. Youll find out how
to eliminate the guesswork of displaying Web pages on different browsers
and operating systems, how to ensure your pages load correctly, how to
make certain that your links are operational all the stuff that
can help you avoid disaster! The design power and control Dreamweaver
puts at your fingertips is unbelievable, once you know your way around
The Web is packed with great competition these days, with
millions of new sites added every month. If your site doesnt look
great and work great every time itll be forgotten
with the click of a mouse. Let the experts at CompEd Solutions show you
how to use Dreamweaver to make your Web site more interactive
filled with dynamic content that will keep your visitors
coming back for more.
Join us to explore the endless possibilities Dreamweaver
offers you for great Web design and before you know it, youll
be driving this program down roads no one has ever seen before!
Senior Workshop Leader
P.S. This is a terrific workshop to attend as a team because
each person comes away with different ideas and perspectives. Not only
that, you can get a FREEBIE out of the deal: When 3 enroll from your organization,
the 4th attends free!
Prime reasons this is a must-attend workshop
if youre serious about Web design
- Visually design a Web site that knocks the competition
flat using Dreamweavers WYSIWYG editor.
- Save tons of design time and insure consistency
throughout your site using templates.
- Beat the 10-Second Rule with tricks to
make your site load faster.
- Make your site amazingly interactive and entertaining
with Dreamweavers robust built-in behaviors.
- Get a quick start on site layout with Dreamweavers
new sample page layouts and code.
- Build awesome drop-down menus using DHTML and Dreamweavers
- Create tables, rollovers, frames and layers
without writing a single line of code!
- Seamlessly integrate Web content from Photoshop, Illustrator,
Freehand, MS Word, MS Excel and others.
- Understand exactly how to design your site to appeal
to a target audience.
- Guarantee your site will not only look great, but
work great, using built-in
- Uncover the secret of pushing your Web site to the
top of search engine lists with Dreamweavers built-in heading
- Create links to other Web pages with a simple click
- Reduce your workload with Dreamweavers powerful
site development tools.
- Uncover the secret to changing Web page items quickly.
- Ensure easy-to-read text using Dreamweavers
- Remove the guesswork from color selection by utilizing
the files panel.
- Avoid disaster by understanding the difference between
absolute and relative paths and knowing which option to choose
- Find out how cascading style sheets are changing the
way we create Web sites.
- Develop dynamic slide shows using DHTML and timeline.
- Whittle your work time using Dreamweavers record
feature to record and reuse a series of commands.
- Eliminate site maintenance hassles using Dreamweavers
- Design the site of your dreams and create an
unstoppable Web presence with the skills youll learn from
a Dreamweaver pro!
Planning Your Journey Before You Start the Engine:
Focusing on Site Development
- Answering the 5 questions that will virtually guarantee
the success of your site
- Site planning: The secret to cutting your design time
by 20% and getting better results
- Tips for designing your site to a specific target
- Organizing your site folder the easy way
- Thinking ahead: Server/Host requirements
- Setting up Dreamweaver to get off to a fast, productive
Taking a Test Drive: Getting to Know the Dreamweaver
- Working with Dreamweavers powerful site management
- Managing files and links effortlessly using the site
- How to use the WYS/WYG and code views to shape site
- Generating Web pages quickly and easily using sample
- Locate site components and images quickly using the
- Adding and formatting type with ease using Dreamweavers
powerful text-editing tools
- Creating links to other Web pages with a simple click
Charting a Roadmap to Success: Formatting with Tables
- Creating formatting tables with ease using Dreamweavers
proprietary layout editing tools
- Controlling tables by adding, removing and merging
- Adding color and background images to a table or cell
- Exploring Dreamweavers powerful table layout
- How to use Layers to format Web content
- Converting between layers and tables when to
do it and why
- Overcoming browser incompatibility issues when dealing
with tables or layers
Setting Cruise Control: Using Dreamweavers Automation
- Use templates to save tons of design time and maintain
consistency on your site
- The secret to changing Web page items quickly by using
the library panel
- Save time with the history palette by replaying commands
or undoing past mistakes
- Using the find and replace commands to make global
changes to a single page or an entire Web site
Burnin Rubber: Bringing Your Web Page to Life
With Behaviors, DHTML and the Timeline
- Create interactive buttons in a snap using Dreamweavers
built-in rollover buttons command
- Control layers using Dreamweavers powerful layers
- How to create a dynamic animated slide show
- Understanding when and how to use the timeline
- Animating Web content using layers
- Build awesome drop-down menus using DHTML and layer
Always Wear Your Seatbelt: Heading Off Potential Problems
- How using design notes can save you grief down the
- Inserting a plug-in on a Web page to add interactivity
- Examining a visitors computer for existing Web
- How to use the HTML Inspector to view and edit HTML
- Cleaning up messy or invalid HTML code and removing
- Using Check Browser to test a Web site to target browsers
Arriving at Your Final Destination: Applying Important
- The secret to using the built-in heading function
to push your site to the top of the search engines lists
- Setting up Dreamweavers FTP program to eliminate
site maintenance hassles
- Steps to use to connect to a remote server
- Understanding the difference between dynamic and static
- Hooking visitors by keeping your site fresh: The 30-day
rule in dynamic Web design
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".