National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How To Manage Emotions
Secrets to staying calm and emotionally in control in any situation ... no matter how high the heat!
You’re human, and so are the people you work with. And, like it or not, we are all guided and influenced to a great extent by our emotions.
You can’t check your feelings at the office door. No one can. But you CAN learn to manage your state of mind so that you remain constructive and productive … even when those around you are falling apart.
Warning! Moods in the Workplace – Productivity Will Suffer!
Inappropriate moods and emotions are powerful forces that can cripple even the most brilliant career. One outburst can label you as “moody,” “difficult,” or “childish.”
Think about how you feel when you encounter the “hothead,” the “whiner,” or the “walking soap opera” in the workplace. Countless hours of productivity are lost due to emotional wrangling. Everyone suffers … employees, supervisors, and customers.
Do Not Ignore Emotions – Learn to Deal With Them
Of course, you can’t ignore or bury your emotions either. When disappointment, resentment, and frustration build up, they result in unplanned outbursts. Internal tension explodes, creating more pressure and embarrassment. Living with this level of stress is not only bad professionally but also dangerous to your physical health.
Your Reputation Is on the Line. Do You Really Want to Risk Damaging Your Credibility?
Emotional management, like every other business skill, takes training and practice. It doesn’t come naturally to most people. You may not even know you need it, until something happens … you burn out, walk out, or flip out. Why risk it?
You work hard. You’re good at what you do. Don’t let emotional baggage or habits sabotage your reputation.
This Training Is So Powerful, You Will Be Dramatically More Successful. GUARANTEED.
When you attend How to Manage Emotions, you’ll not only learn how to manage your own feelings, even in high-pressure situations, but you’ll also gain special insight into how to cope with other people’s emotions. And that’s a skill that’ll make you more successful in every area of your personal and professional life. Guaranteed.
What You'll Learn:
Understanding the Emotions That Hold You Back
- Learn how to calmly express your ideas and concerns without feeling overwhelmed by your emotions.
- Control your feelings and make smarter choices.
- Feel and act confident ... you won’t hesitate or shy away from emotional situations. You’ll know exactly what to do.
- Learn that you’re not alone ... everyone else in the program can relate to what you’re going through.
- Know when it’s best to back away or intervene in a tense situation.
- Earn respect by competently and clearly communicating with co-workers and supervisors.
- Discover the hidden reasons for emotional outbursts and how to actually use these as opportunities to build a team.
- Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something productive to change the situation.
- Find out what’s really behind frustration and anger … the answer might surprise you.
- Learn to handle the “crisis” junkie who thrives on chaos and commotion.
- Discover your own potential as an emotional “problem child.” Could you be one and not even know it?
- Think fast … arm yourself with techniques to help you cope in a crisis.
- Stop letting negative emotions drag you down.
- Attitude is everything ... find out how to fake what you don’t necessarily feel.
- Prepare to be surprised ... keys to remaining calm in the midst of the unexpected.
How to Deal With Others’ Negative Emotions
- The positive and negative effects of emotions in the workplace
- Changing how you respond, even when your mind doesn’t want to
- How to neutralize paralyzing emotions
- Overcoming tears, anger, rage, and self-pity
- Getting your point across without losing control
- 5 emotional myths that handicap you
Communication Skills for Dealing With Emotionally Charged Situations
- 7 keys to richer relationships
- How-to’s for dealing with backstabbing, gossip, and resentment
- Active-listening skills guaranteed to give you the upper hand
- Constructive confrontation for when the other guy is mad
- Coping with crisis – even when everyone loses control
- Minimizing antagonistic behavior
Preparing for Confrontation, Conflict, and Other Tough Situations
- The 3 C’s of conflict communication
- 4 keys to direct communication, and some habits you may want to break
- Improving your indirect communication
- Savvy speaking skills for getting through tense situations
Dealing With the Big “A”: Anger
- Getting to the real issues – defining the problem
- 7 principles for maintaining positive relationships during disagreements
- 4 steps for getting beyond the fear of confrontation
- The top 5 times when you shouldn’t confront
- Understanding the 4 causes of conflict AND how to defuse them
- Conflict-resolution skills everyone should master
- How to deal with conflict-related stress
- 3 growth opportunities that conflict offers and how to benefit from them
Stress-Reduction Strategies and Solutions
- Understanding the 3 dimensions of anger
- 4 facts you must know about anger
- The 4-stage anger-management strategy
- 3 ways to deal with anger appropriately
- Unacknowledged anger: What to do with a ticking time bomb
- Stress and burnout: How to keep them at bay
- Learn unique time-management techniques guaranteed to add hours to your day
- Find out if they’re asking too much of you and what you can do about it
- Are you agreeable or dependable? Confusing the two can spell disaster – find out here
- How to use the stress-management strategy of “coping” on and off the job
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".