National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Emergency Management Planning for Today's Business
Is Your Company Primed for Survival or Disaster?
If you had to think about that question for even a second, you need to attend this eye- opening one-day seminar that will help you safeguard your company and its employees against the kinds of threats and disasters that would shut down unprepared companies.
What’s The Safety And Well Being Of Your Company Worth To You?
Thousands of companies close their doors for good every year because they believe their insurance will take care of every disaster, and they let their emergency response plan (if they even have one) get hopelessly out of date. That’s why we created this powerful one-day seminar that will give you complete peace of ind that your company is protected no matter what happens. Considering that the proven skills and cutting-edge techniques you learn during this one day out of the office could mean the difference between staying in business and closing your doors forever, you’ll never get more critical training than this – ever!
Seize Control Over The “Uncontrollable”!
From a water main break that floods your building … or a city worker who accidentally cuts the power line to your business … to something much more sinister like a disgruntled employee who returns to the office with thoughts of revenge and violence, there are literally millions of events that can harm your company over which you have absolutely no control. But you have complete control over the effectiveness of your company’s ability to survive a disaster or attack. Whether you call it your Emergency Response Plan or your Business Continuity Plan, you must have a clear and concise written strategy in place so you don’t lose a moment of business, critical data, or even lives.
What You'll Learn:
- Protect all your company’s assets – from employee safety to critical financial data
- Identify what kinds of emergencies can put your company at risk
- Keep your company going strong after disaster strikes
- Assess how your company would function right now if you were hit with a disaster
- Calculate the cost of disasters: Can your company survive?
- And much, much more!
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who wants to ensure the continuation of their business even after the most serious disaster and doesn’t want to leave it to luck should attend this seminar. Professionals you’ll see here will include (but aren’t limited to):
- Financial executives
- I.T. directors and managers
- Mid- to upper-level management
- Network administrators
- Facility and Office Managers
- School Administrators
- Hospital Administrators
- Key support staff
- Team leaders and supervisors
Assessing Your Company’s Emergency Preparedness
- The top 3 business disasters your recovery plan MUST cover
- The secrets to emergency recovery success
- Hidden costs of disasters that render many business continuity plans useless
- 5 critical items that should be in your disaster recovery plan
- Why insurance just isn’t enough to recover from disaster
- How to create a planning team NOW to save you headaches and heartaches later
- How your facility security can be upgraded to help lessen the risk of disaster and accidents and can also help in your business’ recovery if it does happen
Analysis Tools For Determining Your Plan’s Effectiveness
- How to answer the question, “What would happen if …?”
- Recognize which key personnel should be involved in creating or updating your continuity plan – and what their roles should be
- Identify exactly how long your business could be “shut down” before it’s too late to recover
- Prioritize which potential disasters can strike your company and prepare for them
- Does your plan guarantee leadership continuity? Find out here
- Establishing a proactive recovery plan that won’t become hopelessly out of date and ineffective
- Analyzing your exposure and risk to threats, accidents or illness
- Using the Incident Command Structure to ensure that an emergency event is handled correctly
Securing Your Company’s Critical Data and Information
- Foolproof security measures to prevent data loss
- Are your employees your company’s worst enemies? Internal measures every company should take to protect data flow and integrity
- The fundamentals of firewalls and virus protection: A quick primer for non-I.T. people
- Data back-up strategies: Options, advantages and disadvantages of each
- The importance of storing contact information where you can get it at a moment’s notice – but a hacker can’t
Putting Together Your Response Team
- Personality Quiz Time: Which managers have the best personalities to run your emergency plan? And what happens if a key member of your team doesn’t?
- How to choose the right team leaders without stepping on toes
- Identifying the positions in your company that are most critical to getting your company back up and running
- The hidden benefit of training lower-level employees on the plan
Testing And Training Your Plan
- Reasons why you should test your plan – and how often
- Bonus: Learn how table-top exercises test your plan – easily, quickly and cheaply
- How to shore up weaknesses in your plan quickly and effectively
- How changes in your business can change the relevance and effectiveness of your plan
- The importance of “pocket cards” to the success of your plan
- 3 critical “hot sites” your organization must have
- How satellite imagery can help you plan
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".