National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Introducing a skill-boosting one-day workshop designed specifically for anyone who's mastered Excel's fundamentals and is ready to get the tools required to become a "power user"!
skill-boosting one-day workshop is designed specifically for anyone who
has mastered Excel's fundamentals and is ready to get the tools, tips,
techniques and shortcuts required to become a power user. Your expert
instructor will use our exclusive hands-off training approach that features
state-of-the-art projection equipment. This method guarantees that you'll
learn and retain a maximum amount of information in a minimum amount
You'll discover how to use macros to save tons of time and reduce errors,
how to create eye-catching charts and graphs that bring your numbers to
life, how to make more professional-looking spreadsheets, how to automate
repetitive tasks and how to work faster and more efficiently with "insider"
You'll also learn "how-to's" for analyzing data and power tips for printing
your work perfectly every time. Attend this intensive workshop and you'll
create better worksheets faster than ever before. Guaranteed!
- Master Excel's most useful, efficiency-boosting, time-saving
features and functions
- Customize Excel toolbars, formula bar and menus to
save tons of time
- Boost your productivity using Excel's templates
- Easily link Excel worksheets so you don't waste time
- Create eye-catching charts without slaving over them
- Take a list and turn it into an Excel database
- Manage enormous spreadsheets with ease
- Make the most of Excel's mathematical functions
- Get more done in less time by automating repetitive
- Swiftly navigate through Excel like a pro
- Protect your valuable data in case disaster strikes
- Calculate percentages, averages, interest, statistics,
dates and more
- Add free-form narrative and graphics to your worksheets
to facilitate understanding
- Summarize large amounts of data quickly by creating
a Pivot Table
- Use macros to avoid input errors
- Intermediate users who know the basics but want to
learn how to make the most of Excel's features and functions
- Self-taught users who want to push their skills to
the next level
- Advanced users who are eager to learn additional shortcuts
and tips that will boost their speed and productivity in Excel
program is for Windows and Macintosh users and will cover all versions
of Excel. For demonstration purposes, we will be presenting demos in Excel
97. This workshop features our exclusive hands-off approach to learning.
We'll bring the techniques and tools to life using a visually stimulating,
accelerated training approach that incorporates state-of-the-art projection
equipment that'll really bring the learning home.
Key to Spreadsheet Success: Getting Off to a Good Start
- How to swiftly navigate Excel menus like a pro
- Identify the toolbar commands you use most often ...
and hide the rest
- Keyboard shortcuts that reduce the mileage you put
on your mouse and save tons of time
- Don't repeat yourself ... learn the quick steps to
saving a document as a template
- Managing files when you've got tons to keep track
- Data safeguards: how to protect your data in case
- Using the VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions
- The no-fail method of backing yourself out of mistakes
- How to calculate percentages, averages, and more
- How to spot potential formula goofs
- When and how to use the "fill series" command
- Using logical and IF functions
- Using split and freeze panes
Lighten Your Load with Multiple Worksheet Links
- Why an automatic update of linked worksheets makes
your job easier
- Create a linking formula with our step-by-step guidelines
- Save valuable time by moving rapidly among multiple
- Reduce chances for errors by linking instead of re-inputting
Path to Print Perfection
- The most common Excel printing goofs and how to avoid
- How to add footers, headers and page numbers
- How to create recurring titles without re-keying them
on every worksheet
- Is your page breaking right? We'll show you how to
guarantee it does ... every time!
- The easy way to print worksheet selections -and get
what you ask for
Spreadsheets, Charts and Graphs
- Let Excel show you a variety of effective chart formats
- When and how to use borders, shading, bold, and underline
- Fonts and colors: more is not necessarily better
- Impress others with charts that look like they took hours to create
-- when in fact, you created them in minutes!
- Add free-form narrative and graphics to your worksheets to facilitate
- How to change the plot direction on a chart
- Changing the data source on a chart
- Using and disabling the time-scale axis
Custom Toolbars, Menus and Dialog Boxes
- Redundant tasks are history! Simply replace your duplicated efforts
with a single menu or toolbar command
- Define which tools you use most often and customize your toolbar
in 4 quick and easy steps
- How to record a macro in your customized toolbox
- Simplify data entry by limiting menu and dialog box choices
Data and Database How-To's
- How to perform
a what-if analysis using the Scenario Manager
and using one-and two-variable data tables
- Using Solver
to solve problems by working backwards
- How the Auditing
Toolbar helps you examine the association between cells and formulas
in a worksheet
of creating Excel databases
- How to turn any
list into a useable database
- Tracing cells
that cause errors
- Creating a Pivot
Table to summarize large amounts of data quickly
Miracles Happen-It's Easy!
- Why use a macro?
2 powerful reasons why you'll leave this workshop a macro user from
- Record a simple
macro in 5 simple steps
- Automate your
worksheets and kick into the "instant reply mode"
- How to avoid
input errors using macros
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".