National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Facebook Marketing for Relative Newbies
How to create and execute an effective Facebook® strategy & presence for your organization
A practical approach to strategic thinking, problem solving, and decision making. In other words, a day of training that’s absolutely CRITICAL for EVERY success-minded professional!
Facebook is the hottest social media platform – are you using it to its full potential?
You don’t need to be convinced. You know how powerful – and popular – Facebook is right now! What you need are ways to attract fans, get answers to your questions, and the ability to harness this powerful site and help your organization get the most out of its online presence.
We have the secret to creating a great Facebook presence!
It’s simple. All you need to do is develop the right strategy. Find and connect with your audience. And create content that’s fun, informational, and keeps them coming back for more.
Sound a little overwhelming? Don’t worry! This powerful one-day seminar will provide you with all the tools and information you need to get up to speed and help your company launch an effective Facebook presence.
You’ll learn how to determine concrete objectives for your organization’s Facebook efforts – and how to measure the results. You discover how to build a page that supports those goals – and how to reach out to fans, engage them in discussion, and entertain and educate them. You’ll learn how to turn your audience into a community! And you’ll learn how to use the power of Facebook advertising to its greatest advantage.
If your organization doesn’t have a Facebook page – or if you have one that’s not performing like you want– this is a seminar you can’t afford to miss! Enroll today in Facebook Marketing for Relative Newbies.
What You'll Learn
What are your Facebook goals? Sell … inform … create loyalty … enlist advocates? Whatever they are, we’ll help you succeed! You’ll learn:
- The key to developing an effective – and comprehensive – Facebook strategy
- How to build a high-quality fan base … and keep it growing!
- Which resources you need to launch and maintain a successful Facebook presence
- The top 5 mistakes made in Facebook marketing – and how to avoid them
- Ways to foster engagement and build relationships with fans
- Secrets to keep them coming back with content that’s fun and informative
- Powerful tools for measuring your Facebook success
Facebook 101: Getting Started
Building Your Page to Support Your Goals
- Understanding the difference between personal and organizational pages
- The importance of authenticity in Web 2.0 communities
- Creating a Facebook ‘team’ – and making sure everybody in your organization’s on the same page
- Mobile phone use: the fastest-growing (and most active!) segment of Facebook – and how you can make it work for you
- Lessons of what NOT to do: hilarious – and embarrassing – examples of how companies can get it completely wrong
Attracting Fans: Putting the Social in Social Network
- Basic goal setting – What do you want your page to accomplish? How will you measure success?
- Setting up your page and making sure it’s a cohesive extension of your message
- Understanding tabs – what they are, and which you’ll want
- Making sure everyone’s on the same page – creating editorial guidelines
- Promote your page – integrating Facebook into the rest of your marketing efforts
Content Is King: Keeping Your Fans Engaged
- Understanding your target audience, what they’re looking for in a Facebook presence, and how to find them
- Don’t forget to invite your friends – immediate and ongoing strategies for attracting attention and fans
- Setting the stage – making sure your earliest interactions send the right message
- How to keep your wall open and the RIGHT way to post questions/comments to spark conversations
- Understanding and using Facebook Connect
- Fostering advocacy – empowering your biggest fans to help you grow your Facebook presence
- Build and reward your following with Facebook-specific promotions or coupons
- Respond, respond, respond – building loyalty and enthusiasm through frequent engagement
Moderation and Customer Service
- The importance of an editorial calendar – and how to create one
- Using the 80/20 rule to keep people entertained and informed
- Frequency matters – how to decide on a posting schedule that works for you
- Top tips for breaking into Top News
- Harnessing the power of multimedia - increasing engagement with photos and videos
- Everyone loves their own opinion – the value of adding polls, surveys, and questions
- The value of user-generated content – and how to encourage it
- Great ideas to help you keep your content fresh and engaging
- How to increase engagement and have a little fun using Facebook Apps
Knowledge Is Power: Measuring Your Success
- Setting up moderation guidelines for your entire team
- How to handle spam, trolls, and other online horrors
- When you can handle an issue on Facebook – and how to tactfully redirect the conversation if you can’t
- Using Google Alerts and other tools to help you monitor conversations
- How to maintain a friendly ‘tone’ in text-only interactions
- Time passes faster online – the importance of a QUICK response
Plus a Special Section on Using Facebook Advertising
- Understanding what you can and can’t measure
- How-tos for measuring success – both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Facebook Insights – how to analyze your data so that you understand which content is most effective in creating interaction
- 3rd-party tools that can help you integrate Facebook with the rest of your online strategy
- A list of great resources you can use to make sure you’re staying up-to-date
- Integrating Facebook ads into your current online marketing strategy
- How to use and create campaigns using the Facebook Ads tool
- Getting the message to the right people: understanding the parameters of Facebook targeting
- Top reasons most Facebook ads are rejected – and making sure yours aren’t
- Understanding and reading Facebook campaign reports
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".