National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
The Essentials of Managing the Front Desk
Introducing a comprehensive one-day program that gives you the powerful tools you need to handle the difficult challenges that go hand-in-hand with your important job!
comprehensive one-day workshop is a fast and easy way to get the essential
training you need to perform your important job with more confidence and
authority - and less stress!
cover it all - from powerful communication skills to time management and
organization tips to expert phone techniques and tactics for handling
difficult people. In addition, a special section on front desk safety
and security will get you up to date on the emerging issues that every
organization must be prepared to deal with in this day and age.
You'll find out how to protect your organization - and yourself.
In just one day, you'll gain the solid skills you need to be more effective
and successful in your demanding role - and in your career!
- Project a more confident, polished, super-professional
- Handle difficult people with tact and diplomacy
- Deal effortlessly with tough situations, such as VIPs
who won't follow company rules
- Take phone messages the mistake-proof way
- Screen calls effectively -- and without annoying callers
- Eliminate speech habits that may be sabotaging your
- Become a more effective communicator overnight by
improving your listening skills
- Boost your productivity with dozens of time-savers
- Get your workspace organized and keep it that way
- Know the best way -- step-by-step - to handle security,
safety and emergency situations
- Pinpoint your major causes of stress and plan how
to avoid them
- Eliminate many of the interruptions that slow your
- Get long-winded callers to the point without offending
- Avoid power-robbing mannerisms and behaviors that
make others regard you less seriously than you deserve
- Turn piles into files - fast!
- Keep patronizing or rude people in line with tactful
but firm responses
- Greet phone callers in a way that immediately conveys
warmth and professionalism
- Spot and correct security and safety problems in your
- Get a quick energy boost with stress-busting exercises
you can do right at your desk
- Return to the office recharged and refreshed, eager
to put the new techniques you learned to work
- New receptionists who want a fast way to learn essential
skills that will make them immediately more effective on the job
- Experienced receptionists interested in upgrading
their skills and boosting their productivity
- Long-time receptionists who want to polish their existing
skills and be better prepared to face security and safety challenges
a Poised, Professional Image that
- Why a receptionist's image can make or break the organization's
- The 7-second decision people make when they first
see you-and how to capitalize on it
- Tips for exuding professionalism and authority without
ever saying a word
- Power-robbing mannerisms and behaviors that make others
take you less seriously than you deserve
- Using your body language to convey a strong, confident
- Secrets for appearing poised and in control when you
feel just the opposite
- Common mistakes receptionists make that scream "Unprofessional!"
- How to exhibit a "no nonsense" attitude while still
Communication Skills that Increase
- Mastering the 7 Cs of effective communication: correct,
clear, concise, courteous, constructive, conversational, considerate
- Speech habits that can sabotage your success and how
to eliminate them
- "Lightweight" words and phrases you should slash from
your professional vocabulary
- Active listening techniques that will improve your
- How-to's for getting your point across-even when others
aren't paying attention to you
- Recognizing how your voice image affects your credibility
- The fine art of saying "no" without causing offense
or feeling guilty
Mastering Essential Telephone Skills
- Smart ways to build your telephone image fast
- Greetings that communicate warmth and professionalism
- Call screening techniques that don't annoy or offend
- Alternatives to asking, "Will you hold, please?" that
rate high with callers
- On hold: how long is too long to keep someone waiting?
- Message-taking tips that help guarantee accuracy
Special Situations with Tact and Diplomacy
- Rapport-builders that make every visitor feel important
- Fast and effective ways for dealing with pushy salespeople
don't have appointments
- Tactful but firm responses that keep patronizing,
rude or pushy
people in line
- Calming phrases to use with angry or complaining visitors
- Solutions for keeping guests "entertained" when they've
got a long wait
- What to do when aggressive visitors won't take "no"
for an answer
- How to get guests to follow company rules without
- What to do when an associate isn't there for a scheduled
Your Time and Organizing Your Space for
- Basic prioritization techniques that'll bail you out when everything
on your list seems "hot"
- Hidden time-wasters in every receptionist's day-and how to avoid
- How to remain focused during your interruption-filled work day
- Desk-clearing solutions for keeping the front desk area tidy at all
- Space organization tools that make the most of a small work area
- How to turn piles into files-fast!
Techniques Every Receptionist
- Pinpointing your key stressors and your current stress level
- Proven techniques for dealing with stressors receptionists most commonly
- Steps to take to stress-proof your position from now on
- How to "let it go" when you can't get a rude comment or abusive call
out of your mind
- Quick stress-busting exercises you can do at your desk without being
- Tips for remaining in control when you're about to blow up at someone
- "How-to's" for keeping a positive attitude when you're super-stressed
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".