National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Financial & Accounting Concepts, Statements & Terminology: 2 day
Learn everything you need to know about the numbers that drive your organization in this power-packed two-day workshop!
comprehensive two-day workshop for mid- to senior-level nonfinancial decision
makers is a "crash course" on learning how to read, analyze and use financial
information strategically and accurately. Essential fundamentals will
be presented in clear language and practical, easy-to-grasp concepts so
that you can digest a volume of information in a short amount of time.
exercises and thought-provoking discussions will help you practice your
newfound skills. Don't forget to bring your calculator! You'll also have
the opportunity to speak one-on-one with your expert trainer about questions
you've always wanted answers to - and get solid responses from a source
who's not only reliable, but objective.
line, you'll leave with smart strategies for using key financial concepts
and tools to strengthen your management decisions - and perform at a new
level of financial confidence. Protect your organization's financial interests
by understanding how the numbers really work!
- Save time and reduce costs by understanding accounting
and finance fundamentals key to strong management
- Evaluate the financial impact of your decisions -
before you make them
- Measure your department's, division's or organization's
financial position quickly and easily through reading a financial statement
- Determine the true costs of projects, plans and purchases
avoid ugly surprises!
- Eyeball financial reports and grasp the most important
information in a mere glance
- Get your plans, projects and proposals accepted more
easily by presenting them in bottom-line financial terms
- Instantly spot inaccuracies and questionable numbers
on financial documents and head off costly mistakes
- Analyze figures and trends and use this insight to
plan for growth
- Forecast revenues and expenses with greater accuracy
- Set practical, yet aggressive, short- and long-term
goals using your new numbers knowledge
- Recognize the opportunities and problems embedded
- Speak the language of accounting and finance with
- Use finance and accounting tools to improve the quality
- Learn how to justify your requests for additional
people or resources with solid numbers
- Present on-target financial information in your reports
- Solidify your organizational vision by gaining a clear
"big picture" view of the future
- Apply the right ratios to examine the fiscal soundness
of a situation
- Correctly calculate ROI for the "true bottom line"
- Know which computer software packages can make your
- Boost your credibility as you become recognized as
a person who really knows numbers
- Non-financial managers in for-profit, government and
- Mid- to upper-level decision-makers in nonfinancial
- CEOs, business owners and other executives who haven't
studied finance since school and want a refresher course
the Terminology and Speaking Intelligently About Financial Issues
- Common accounting and finance terms and what they mean
-- including fixed and variable costs, gross margin, profit and loss
and dozens of others!
- How to present proposals and recommendations in terms
of hard dollars ... and get faster approval
- Learn the basic accounting equation and how to use
- Deciphering the language of business so you can speak
it fluently with anyone
Financial Concepts You Must Know
- The difference between current liabilities, current
assets and equities
- 5 components of working capital and how critical it
is to the day-to-day operation of your organization
- A simple approach to calculating return on investment
(ROI) and determining the true bottom line
- What goodwill is ... and why some companies don't
like it on their balance sheets
- Key financial indicators that will tell if your organization
is on the right track
- Tangible and other assets -- what the numbers on the
balance sheet may be hiding
Sharpening Your Decision-Making with Powerful
- Using break-even analysis, forecasting and other powerful
analysis tools to make more informed decisions
- 5 ratios that can be early indicators of danger ahead
- How to use ratios to evaluate an organization's profitability,
liquidity and leverage
- How to evaluate the relative degree of risk for a
- 5 valuable questions to ask when dealing with a financial
- Critical financial areas that may be out of your control
but that you absolutely must understand
- Which specific numbers to rely on when developing
- Calculating ROI for the true "bottom line"
Financial Statements Accurately and Insightfully
- How to read and interpret 3 types of financial statements:
balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement
- How to examine the P&L statement and tell the costs
of goods sold, how revenue is generated, profitability and more
- Basic steps in preparing a financial statement
- Types of long-term assets and the role depreciation
plays in determining their worth
- How to scan a financial statement and zero in on the
most valuable information
- How the accounting cycle works
- Accounting for assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses
- The difference between cash and accrual accounting
- What every manager must understand about Generally Accepted Accounting
- Debits and credits explained
for Revenues and Growth
- How to forecast
cash flow and use this insight when increasing staff, purchasing, and
- A valuable look
at how the accounting cycle works
- Financial management
strategies for companies going through tough times
- How to recognize
cash flow problems before it's too late
Tools That Make Your Job Easier
- Valuable tips for setting up your own spreadsheets
- 3 important ways a PC can sharpen your projects and analysis
- An overview of software packages that will make your job much easier
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".