DON'T LET SIMPLE MISTAKES RUIN YOUR CAREER
When someone sends out a report, memo or e-mail filled with errors, don’t you begin to question the professionalism (and maybe even the intelligence) of the author? And if you’re questioning it, don’t you think readers up and down the corporate ladder are thinking the same thing? You bet they are!
If you’ve ever written anything that you later looked at and thought, “What was I thinking?” then you need to attend these two powerful half-day seminars.
In our morning session, Perfect Proofreading Techniques, you’ll discover how easy it is to master the art of proofreading. We’ll show you simple strategies proofreading professionals use to make their documents perfect every time. Whether you’re proofing a two-line note or an extensive manuscript, there are some basic strategies that can dramatically shorten the time you spend proofing and increase your accuracy for finding mistakes. We’ll also cover important topics such as:
Then, in the afternoon during our Business Grammar Made Easy workshop, we’ll cover the fundamentals of flawless business grammar. In this interactive workshop you’ll learn why it’s more important than ever to become “grammatically gifted” in today’s communication savvy world!
- Proofreading vs. editing — the critical difference that you NEED to know
- How to make corrections WITHOUT changing the meaning of the document
- An easy-to-use checklist that helps you catch the most common errors
But don’t worry, this is not a rehash of your seventh grade English class ... this is a fun, interactive look at the different ways people hang themselves and their credibility through the misuse of proper grammar. Register for the afternoon workshop and you’ll:
Stop putting it off. This is the best thing you can do for your career, your credibility and your organization.
- Learn why using improper grammar sends the signal that you aren’t a true professional!
- Discover when you can — and can’t — bend the grammar rules a little to get your point across
- Get a refresher on proper grammar and find out where most people
- Review the most common grammar goofs so you’ll be sure to avoid
these costly mistakes
Can you spot the the ERRORS?
The following paragraph was lifted from an actual memo passed along to us at one of our writing seminars. See how many errors you can spot.
To: All Associates
From : (Name Withheld In Order To Not Embarrass)
RE: The Company Holiday Party
This is to enform you of a change in the location ot our company holday party on on Friday. Because of the painting going on at the warhouse, all assoiciates are invited to join us at 2 o’clock in the multi-purpuse room fer food and beverages. Your going to have an exceptionable time because your mangers are all planning a holiday treat! We hope this change won’t affect your plans to attend.
How many mistakes did you spot?
If you found one mistake, then you did better than this poor soul whose mistakes went out to the entire company. If you found fewer than 12 in this short paragraph, then maybe you should register for our fun and informative seminars and give your skills a boost!
(P.S. Did you spot the word duplication in the title of this section?)
What You'll Learn:
What you’ll get out of attending Business Grammar Made Easy:
- Make all your communications smooth, clear and concise
- Eliminate any potential misunderstandings due to the use of incorrect grammar
- Learn how the misuse of simple punctuation can dramatically change the meaning of what you write
- Avoid wordiness and poor organization
- Give everything you say more power and pizzazz with our Active Voice Word List
- Create your own personal style that flows gracefully and catches every one’s attention
- Stop punching holes in your credibility by eliminating embarrassing spelling errors that most spell-checkers don’t catch
- Gain more confidence in your ability to communicate as a professional
- Add one more important piece to your “professional development tool box” that’ll help you achieve more in your career
- Network with other professionals — just like you — who want to work smarter and faster and eliminate roadblocks on the path to success
Attend Perfect Proofreading Techniques in the morning for these key benefits:
- Strengthen your proofreading skills and positively impact your career
- Simple — but powerful — proofreading strategies that you can
- Identify the weaknesses in your proofreading skills and learn how to
- Avoid the embarrassment of sending out documents with errors in them
- Become a trusted “second pair of eyes” that higher-ups can count on to
- Cultivate an air of intelligence and sophistication because YOU’RE the one who always catches the mistakes that others miss
- Cut the time you spend proofreading documents in half while doubling your accuracy
- Become more confident in your abilities as a business professional
- Never give your customers a reason to doubt your company’s abilities because all your correspondence will be 100% correct and accurate
- Laugh and learn with other business pros — like yourself — that are willing to take their skills to the next level
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered,
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".