National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Business Writing & Grammar Skills
Transform your written communications from so-so to sensational with this skill-packed two-day workshop!
exclusively for business professionals, this comprehensive two-day workshop
delivers solid tools and techniques that will help you add clarity and
power to all your business documents. You'll learn dozens of proven tips,
techniques and shortcuts for getting your thoughts organized fast and
your words flowing freely - even if writing does not come naturally to
In hands-on skill-building practice sessions, you'll hone your unique
writing style under the personal instruction of a writing pro - your dynamic
trainer who makes learning fun! You'll discover how to take the aggravation
and frustration out of writing, how to become a more compelling communicator
- and how to eliminate embarrassing mistakes!
You'll continue learning even after this essential training ends, thanks
to the free copy of Business Grammar & Usage you'll receive. This exceptional
working reference guide will serve as your personal desktop grammar resource
for years to come - and is available only through National Seminars Group.
- Make readers sit up and take notice with attention-grabbing
words and phrases
- Present even the most complex material in easy-to-understand
- Overcome writer's block - and never waste another
minute staring at a blank screen or sheet of paper
- Communicate clearly and powerfully every time you
put words on paper
- Eliminate embarrassing grammar errors from your work
- Keep your readers from snoozing by slashing wordiness
and ditching dull, repetitive language
- Sell your ideas, products or services effortlessly,
using amazingly easy techniques
- Cut your writing time by 30 to 40 percent with shortcuts
- Write with confidence, assured your letters and memos
are on-target and error-free
- Eliminate tired, out-of-date words and jargon - and
boost your effectiveness immediately
- Say goodbye to common errors like misplaced clauses,
subject/verb agreement and misused words
- Avoid negative words and phrases that can push your
readers' hot buttons
- Steer clear of language that might offend by using
- Organize your thoughts and information quickly with
a systematic method
- Capitalize on your personal style to make your writing
more interesting - and more effective
- Write complaint letters that get immediate action
- Proofread like a pro to keep embarrassing errors from
slipping into finished documents
- Make written requests that get favorable replies
- Build instant rapport with readers by adopting a casual,
- Drive your message home with power and style - and
get the results
- Because exceptional writing skills are the mark of
exceptional professionals, this workshop should be considered a career
essential for all success-minded professionals.
to begin? Tips for Getting Started Writing-Quickly
- Simple ways to plan what you write
- The secret to cutting your writing time by 30-40%
- Key questions to answer before you begin writing
- A systematic way to organize your thoughts and information
- Surefire tips for overcoming writing anxiety
of Solid Business Writing
- Why a casual tone is key to today's business communication
- How to present details and explanations clearly and
- Strategies for avoiding wordiness and eliminating
stiff, formal language
- Why being concise is imperative to getting results
in today's workplace
Writing Letters, Memos and Reports that Get Results!
- How-and why-the pros get chummy with their readers
in memos and letters
- Capitalize on your personal style to make your writing
more interesting-and more effective
- Tips for eliminating monotony in long reports and
- A proven way to guarantee your memos get read-even
not the boss
- Avoiding the most commonly made errors in letters
Tips for Sparking Your Readers' Interest
- Reader friendliness: how to keep the focus on "you"
- Proven techniques used by professional writers to
stimulate reader interest
- "Grab 'Em" openers that are sure to get noticed
- Tips for creating sharp images that linger in the
- Why using tired cliches could brand you as "out of
to Influence, Persuade and Sell Your Bright Ideas!
- Mastering the 7 Cs of convincing business writing
- How to be more persuasive when you expect resistance from your readers
- Smart tips that will add punch to every paragraph
- Success strategies for selling anything-products, ideas, services,
- Communicate with passion and enthusiasm: how to rev things up with
Conveying Credibility and Professionalism
- How to align
your writing with the image your organization wants to project
- The pros and
cons of using computerized spelling and grammar checkers
- Are you clinging
to "old" business writing ideas?
the "look" and "sound" of professional business writing
the Rewriting Process: Your Key to Exceptional Business Writing
- Why your first
draft should never be your last draft
- A simple technique
that will make your writing more readable
- How to trim the
fat from all your business documents
- Editing "musts"
for concise, clear writing
- Wake up your
readers by slashing adjectives and stamping out unnecessary adverbs
- How to "hear"
what you write
Solutions to Real-World Writing Challenges
- How to write
"no" letters with a "yes" sound
- Writing complaint
letters that get immediate action
- Kid-glove techniques
for responding to complaints with relationship-rebuilding success
- How to make written
requests that get favorable replies
- Writing for special
Age and Culture Sensitivity: Using Care in Business Writing
- We've come a
long way since "Dear Gentlemen"
- Non-sexist alternatives
guaranteed to help you steer clear of offensive language
- Solutions to
gender-based pronoun problems
- What to do about
Correct Grammar for Powerful Writing
- How misplaced modifiers can wreak havoc with your meaning
- A simple way to make sure subjects and verbs agree
- "Is it HE at the door?" Or, "Is it HIM at the door?" Secrets to choosing
the right pronoun
- The most misused words in business and the words that don't exist
- The "10 Commandments of Capitalization" every business writer must
- How to spot look-alike words
- FREE! Take-home handy desktop reference that you'll use again and
- Avoid "comma-itis"
by knowing when a comma is essential
- Apostrophe: using
the minimark that keeps your meaning clear
- A rule for using
punctuation with quotation marks
Like a Pro to Keep Errors from Slipping Through
- Are you proofreading or editing? Why it's important
to know the difference
- Expert editors' tricks for spotting their own mistakes
- The words most often misused in business communication
- Proven shortcuts that will ensure your documents are
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 1-919-847-0331 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-847-0331.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".