National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How to Handle Difficult People
A powerful one-day workshop that will help you understand and deal with the problem people in your life.
you're frustrated by all the time-wasting aggravation that whiners, back-stabbers,
know-it-alls, foot-draggers and other negative personalities cause in
your workplace, this insightful one-day workshop is for you! Find out
why difficult people behave the way they do, and discover a powerful set
of coping strategies that will help you deal with them more easily and
with better results than you ever dreamed possible.
You'll learn how to identify and handle the 10 most common types of difficult
people, how to neutralize the typical tactics and weapons difficult people
use, and how to minimize the effects of negative behavior.
In addition, you'll gain the tools you need to keep your cool and stay
in control in the face of the aggravating and intimidating antics of others.
Invest just one day to attend this workshop, and you'll walk away with
coping skills you'll use for a lifetime. Never again be defeated or antagonized
by the difficult people you encounter!
- Identify and effectively handle the 10 most common
types of difficult people
- Understand what really triggers difficult people to
behave so negatively
- Neutralize the typical tactics and weapons difficult
- Minimize even eliminate the negative effects of
- Anticipate the negative actions of others and avoid
being caught off-guard
- Maintain your cool when difficult people become hostile
- Avoid verbal hooks and "vibes" that invite difficult
- Persuade even the most difficult person to see things
- Deal successfully with confrontation using the S-U-C-C-E-S-S
- Turn confrontations into constructive steppingstones
that lead to conflict resolution
- Meet negative behavior head-on without adding fuel
to the fire
- Change the attitudes of difficult people using a proven
- Understand why difficult people resist others' ideas
and opinions and use it to your advantage!
- Conquer even the strongest resistance using a 7-step
- Learn from every difficult encounter so that they
become fewer and easier to handle
- Supervisors, managers and department heads
- Team leaders
- Anyone who wants to deal more effectively with negative,
hard-to-work-with people who are making everyone miserable!
what motivates the difficult people you
- The 10 classic types of difficult people and how to
live with them
- Learn to live and function daily with truly difficult
- The 5 ways people think: deal with thoughts before
they become actions
- 10 typical weapons difficult people use-confront and
- Why do difficult people resist others' ideas and opinions?
Here are answers you can put to use immediately
and preparing for difficult encounters-you can be ready
- 5 dangerous misconceptions in opening the lines of
- Could you be part of the problem? Learn the steps
to going into a situation with reasonable expectations
- Are you avoiding the verbal hooks and "vibes" that
invite difficult behavior?
- Meeting difficult behavior head-on - without adding
fuel to the fire
- 3 ways to bring out the best response in a person
- Spotting communications failure while you can still
- Antagonism and conflict not your strong suit? Use
this proven action plan for confrontation
your head...your cool...and your control
- Have you tried the formula for changing the attitudes
of difficult people? Now's the time
- How to use the success formula for dealing with confrontations
- Things getting really hard to handle? Here's how to
stay in control
- How to use your anger as a powerful and positive tool
- Can't seem to get through? Use the 5 steps to meaningful
- 7 keys to conquering the strongest resistance
- Finding and eliminating the root problem in any conflict
negative behavior-with positive results
- You can minimize-even eliminate-the likelihood of difficult
- The keys to making disagreeable behavior agreeable
- 3 essentials of persuasion that work
- The key that will soften even the hardest heart
- Criticism can work, and work powerfully! You can make
from every difficult encounter so that they become fewer-and easier to handle
- The 3-step method of working through a situation to permanently resolve
- Feel like a loser after a difficult encounter? Here's how to neutralize
- Dealing with potentially difficult situations before they get out
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".