National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Search Engine Marketing
What You Will Learn
Who Should Attend
Your Guide To Understanding & Using Search Engine Optimization and Pay-Per-Click Techniques To Maximize Your Web Presence
Search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) are essential components of your marketing mix in today’s interactive world — and the fastest way to get your company’s Web site noticed in an increasingly crowded online marketplace.
That’s why we created this fast-paced, easy-to-understand search engine marketing clinic for busy professionals just like you. This powerful workshop is a crash course that will not only make you fluent in “Search Engine”-speak, but will allow you to maximize the exposure of your Web site and make it a bigger and more profitable piece of your total marketing mix.
What You'll Learn:
Who Should Attend?
- Maximize your site for different search engines
- Understand the difference between organic and paid searches and what it means to you
- Select the right keywords and page links to get your pages seen
- Interpret your results and numbers accurately to make better business decisions
- Understand the critical differences between B2B and B2C search engine marketing
- Use organic and paid searches together to outsmart your competition
- Get ranked higher on search engines
- Use the Open Directory Project to your advantage
- Identify the costs involved in SEM and how much you should really be spending
- Set up proper site architecture that won’t sabotage your online marketing efforts
- Determine if affiliate marketing will work for you
- Answer the age-old question: In-house or use a consultant?
- Measure and monitor results
- Marketing professionals at all levels
- Managers, executives and business owners
- Consumer marketers and business-to- business marketers
- IT and IS professionals
- Web designers
- Sales professionals
- Graphic design and creative professionals
- Public relations professionals
- Organizations that currently have a Web site and want to maximize its potential
- Organizations wanting to begin or revamp their online marketing efforts
Search Engines 101: An Introduction to Search Engine Marketing
Integrating SEM Into Your Overall Marketing Plan
- Why search marketing is important for any organization
- How search engine marketing is a critical part of the new marketing mix
- Understanding the terminology — SEO, SEM, PPC and more
- Learn about the different types of search engines available to you
- Learn how search engines work — search algorithms and more
- What are spiders and crawlers — and what do they look for
- Find out about the Open Directory Project
Creating Effective SEM Plans
- Learn about the unique opportunities search marketing provides
- Find out how to incorporate SEM into your marketing mix
- Understand the costs of using SEO and PPC
- Determine what you can handle in-house and what you should outsource
- Get the latest on industry trends and the future of search marketing
The Difference in B2B and B2C Search Marketing
- Should you use organic or paid search? Or both?
- Tips for selecting the right keywords — and search engines
- Understand the relationship between search and the buying cycle
- Learn about affiliate marketing and search
- Know the legal issues involving trademarks, copyrights and click fraud
- Is your IT department prepared?
“Growing” Your Organic Search Success Rate
- Understand B2B and B2C buying cycles to maximize results
- What you should do about ambiguous keywords and unclear search terms
- The difference in B2B and B2C creative strategies
- Channel conflict for B2B and B2C search
- Seasonality of B2B and B2C search inventory
Getting the Most Bang for Your Buck With Paid Search
- Effective tips and techniques on how to get ranked higher in organic search
- Learn the importance of keyword use within your site and “anchor” page links
- Understand the dangers of dynamic links and URL structure
- Search engines are getting smarter — tricks that can backfire
- Content is king — building your Web site to maximize SEO results
- Must know information about meta tags and title tags
- Measure results so you can adjust your marketing strategies
SEO and PPC — Taking It to the Next Level
- Techniques to effectively budget and plan — and maximize ROI
- How to find high-profit PPC opportunities
- Paid search success metrics and integrated campaigns
- Right bid, right time, right engine, right keyword
- Learn what contextual inventory is and if you need it
- How you can turn visitors in to customers
- SEO clinic — evaluation of actual Web sites to help identify opportunities for immediate improvement
- PPC clinic — evaluation of actual PPC campaigns
- Leverage the power of targeted marketing by using vertical and local search
- Learn about resources that will help you stay up-to-date on the latest trends
- What you need to know to stay ahead of your competition
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".