National Seminars Group
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Leadership & Supervisory Skills for Women
A ground-breaking professional development seminar designed to address the toughest challenges facing women leaders and supervisors today!
how to control your workload, build your credibility and earn the respect
you deserve as a valued member of the team!
Dear Fellow Leader:
Weve never met, but you and I have plenty in common.
Were women in leadership positions. Despite tremendous advances
women professionals have experienced over the years, we still find ourselves
facing tough challenges.
We get mixed messages and mixed reactions as we take on leadership roles.
And all too often, we get only mixed results when leading others.
Thats why Im eager to share news of an incredible
leadership training opportunity for women like us: Leadership & Supervisory
Skills for Women. Developed by the National Businesswomens Leadership
Association, this intensive one-day workshop is designed to build on our
inherent talents and strengths to help us become more effective, more
confident and more successful.
In this results-focused program, you will learn...
- Strategies for effective leadership at all levels
in every situation
- Discipline and feedback skills for improving employee
- Supervision techniques guaranteed to earn you cooperation
- Assertive communication techniques to ask for what
directly and tactfully
- How to sell your ideas in meetings and to the boss
- Tools for handling confrontation and conflict with
- Motivation strategies for bringing out the best in
- Lessons and insight from women in top leadership positions
Thats just the beginning! Youll discover how
to disagree firmly but tactfully without backing down. How to effectively
delegate. How to turn around specific unwanted employee behaviors. How
to keep your ideas from being drowned out by louder male voices in meetings.
Whats more, youll develop a Personal Action
Plan a road map to put you on the fast track to achieving your
leadership goals.In a relaxed, stress-free environment, youll learn
shoulder to shoulder with other professional women from your area, networking
with leaders youd never have had the chance to meet otherwise. Youll
leave motivated and energized, armed with must-have leadership tools guaranteed
to make a dramatic, immediate impact on your results.
Dont miss this chance to build your skills fast
to become a highly effective,
inspiring leader others are eager to follow!
Your partner in leadership success,
P.S. Invest just ONE DAY from your busy schedule, and
youll gain essential techniques and strategies sure to bring you
success for years to come.
In just one intensive day of training, youll learn
- Improve employee performance through coaching and feedback
- Adopt a take-action mindset to become
a leader others are eager to follow
- Lead more effectively and more confidently at all
levels in every situation
- Motivate others to achieve their full potential
This seminar is for you if...
- Youre new to leadership and want to gain essential
management and leadership skills that will make you more effective.
- Youre an experienced manager or supervisor who
wants to learn solid techniques and tools for motivating people to achieve,
delegating tasks, improving teamwork and increasing productivity.
- Youre in line to move into supervision and want
to master supervisory skills to put you ahead of the game.
1. A Womans
Unique Strength as a Leader: How to Develop Yours!
- Understanding how your strengths play into todays
- Major myths about women in leadership you should erase
from your consciousness
- Whats your Power Profile? An insightful self-assessment
- Why you cant be everyones best pal, and
other missteps women leaders must avoid
- Taking risks, taking responsibility, taking action
and other crucial leadership lessons from todays most successful
women in business
Motivation Techniques and Other Must-Have Leadership Tools
- Proven techniques for motivating your employees to
give their all
- The power of sincere praise to motivate, build loyalty
and keep good employees
- The art of delegation and why some women find
it so tough
- Key negotiation strategies for getting what you want
without being a steamroller
- Top 10 Tools: Goal-setting, coaching, team-building
and 7 other supervisory essentials sure to earn you respect from employees,
peers and top brass
and Discipline fOr Improved EmplOyee Performance
- 13 reasons why people dont do what theyre
supposed to do and what you can do about it
- When and how to confront employee performance
- How tos for giving constructive feedback that
results in improved performance, not anger and defensiveness
- Tips for turning around attitude problems and other
specific unwanted behaviors
- Discipline techniques that really work and
measures guaranteed to fall flat
Communication: Your Key to Leadership Success
- Assertive communication: How to be direct in a tactful,
- Be heard! Proven strategies for getting your ideas
heard in meetings even when louder male voices threaten to drown
- Uncomfortable speaking in front of others? Power speaking
skills to help you shine
- How to say no without feeling guilty
- Active listening tips that double your communication
5. Effectively Handling
Confrontation, Conflict and Other Uncomfortable Situations
- How to disagree firmly but tactfully, without backing
down at the last minute
- Why women so often fear confrontation and a
step-by-step method for calmly facing it head on
- The 3-point A.C.E. method to conflict resolution
- Quick-thinking strategies for handling cheap shots
and hardball tactics
- Tips for neutralizing paralyzing emotions so you can
think straight when things get heated
With the Diversity Of the Workplace
- Avoid the pitfalls when supervising those much younger
or older than you
- Build a framework for creating a successful organizational
culture from your staffs diversity
- Strategies that get past gender bias: What you can
do when issues arise
- Plain ol difficult people ... are they really
difficult or just different?
- Create an atmosphere of inclusion for workers with
- Learn how to supervise those with different work ethics,
styles and perspectives
Credibility and Increasing Your Visibility tO Get Ahead
- Credibility plus: Tips for communicating the image
of a total professional
- Common land mines that can damage a womans leadership
credibility and how to sidestep them
- Strategies for increasing your visibility, inside
and outside your organization
- How to toot your own horn to showcase your accomplishments
- Expanding your connections through the power of networking:
How to make it work
and Upward: Creating a Success Roadmap
- Looking beyond the boundaries of self-limiting perspectives
to determine what your version of success really is
- Be prepared! Gaining the key skills top management
looks for in women they promote
- How a mentor can pave the way for you dont
be afraid to ask!
- Guarding your personal time: The secret to avoiding
management burn-out and stress overload
- Developing your Personal Action Plan
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".