National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Managing Inventories & Cycle Counts
Put an end to costly write-offs, shortages, hassles and mistakes!
Conducting an error-free physical inventory is no easy task.
who thinks taking inventory is an easy job is just plain wrong.
Probably the only people who know how tough it is to do an accurate, efficient
inventory are people like you who have to make sure everything runs smoothly
and error-free. You know that if youve got inaccuracies, your department
wont be able to deliver goods to customers and that means back orders,
stockpiled obsolete items, higher costs and more headaches.
a tough job and a heavy-duty responsibility.
Youre the one who ends up having to deal with lost or incorrect
paperwork. And its you that has to make the tough decisions about
records reconciliation. Not to mention having to be ready to explain any
problems to the accounting department, the auditors and everyone else
in your company that wants materials ASAP.
Plus theres the staffing with all its training headaches
the orders being received and shipped out while youre trying
to get the counts done
the extra hours
the list keeps on going.
built this seminar to help you meet these tough inventory challenges.
This day of training is packed with methods to streamline your processes
and keep your warehouse running smoothly. Weve even designed customized
exercises so you can apply the principles youre learning to fit
one day, youll get a better strategy for planning, organizing and
managing your inventory and cycle counts.
Youre going to head back to the warehouse with confidence
and a system that will work for you. Heres a sample of your learning
- Find out if cycle counts can bring up your accuracy
and if theyre worth it
- Discover shortcuts that will make your counts go faster
without leading to a higher rate of error
- Whats the latest in technology? Will it work
- Use smart forecasting techniques, record tolerances
and reconciliation methods that will keep inventory controls efficient
- Manage your staff more effectively through the inventory
Use your inventory counts to increase your purchasing and production
- Get the benefit
of higher quantity orders with lower costs
find out more about
- Reduce buffer
stock ... Dont let inventory tie up cash that your company could
be using elsewhere
- Develop joint
replenishment systems to maximize your purchasing power
Save money & warehouse space ...
Stop the records nightmare!
- Find the causes of inventory problems with paper or
- Develop paperwork methods that other departments will
actually use correctly
- Track even the smallest (and hardest-to-count) units
Get a tracking system that really works
improve your companys customer service
- Use inventory forecasting put an end to inventory
write-offs and carry the right amount of in-demand items
- No more problems with on-time delivery and avoid the
complaints (and costs) that come with rush orders
- Customer orders are filled more quickly with less
chance of error when your staff uses better locator maps
Boost your companys bottom line
End the people hassles and achieve staff efficiency
- Train and use staff more effectively during inventories
- Maintain smooth relations between your department,
accounting, customer service and production management
- Develop a scheduling system so that your employees
arent trying to do two things at once and daily business isnt
Less stressed employees are more productive employees
skills mean less stress for you
- No more surprises at inventory time
- Have answers ready for auditors and accounting
- Deal with the millions of details and still get the
job done faster
Get the credit you deserve for a job well done.
Inventory Record System
- Assess your inventory management system to find the
- The basic elements of a rock-solid inventory recordkeeping
- Avoid paper and use reliable electronic
- The most important information that should be on every
- Easy formulas to help you decide how often to schedule
- JIT: Will this system work for you?
- Improve your forecasting and get what you want when
you want it
for the Count
- Getting your area in shape for the big count: tips
for keeping a clean facility
- Decide on how much staff youll really need
- Must-have checklists to keep on hand before you start
- When a multiple count approach is best
- Expert tips for preventing theft
- Training staff (even those that have been there for
- Create locator maps that keep on working all year
- Test counts and blind counts
Are they a good
use of staff time?
- Inventory models and applying them to your situation
Counts: Are They Right for You?
- ABC Analysis or the Geographic
method: classification methods that tell you what to count and how often
- How cycle counts can boost your inventory efficiency
- What should be counted in a cycle count?
- 4 ways to decide whether your cycle counts should
replace the annual inventory
- Ranking your inventory and the 80/20 rule
- Surefire strategies to make cycle counts go quick
Your Physical Inventory Efficiently and Error-Free
- Which products need to be counted most often
- How to track in-transit items or shipments that arrive
during the count
- Motivate staff and keep the stress level on low
- When should you be counting WIP inventory and when
to leave it alone
- The 4-Corner method and other counting strategies
- Pallet tagging for bulk merchandising
- 5 important questions to ask when you are considering
hiring an outside vendor
- Keeping staff organized and on-task during the event
It Right: Managing the Problems
- Best ways to handle
small (but numerous) units
- Keeping your
teams working together
- The most common
causes of errors and how to handle them
- Dealing with
The Lost Product and making records adjustments
- How much error
is acceptable and find out how to track variances
- Improving recordkeeping
methods and getting cooperation from other departments
- When do you know
its time for a recount and who should do it
- What the auditors
are looking for
- The final inventory
report: send accounting a report thats easy to understand
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 1-919-847-0331 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-847-0331.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".