National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Managing Multiple Projects and Priorities
Essentials for staying in control of projects and priorities while staying on target with your objectives, deadlines and budgets.
control of your time, your projects and your priorities!
For career-minded professionals like you, success can be a double-edged
sword. On one side, you excel at your job and are valued in your organization.
But with that comes increased responsibility. More work. Additional projects
heaped upon your plate. More demands on your time. Everything and everyone
cries out for your immediate attention.
Gets to be overwhelming, doesnt it? Youve got so much to
do, and its all considered high priority or hot
or URGENT! Some days you dont even know where to start.
And with e-mail, voice mail, instant messaging and cell phones delivering
information to you, the projects are coming faster than ever before, with
no end in sight.
To keep up with todays enormous workload, you cant rely
on yesterdays skills.
the latest success habits.
Managing Projects and Priorities is an amazing new workshop designed
for the way professionals work today. Unlike similarly titled programs
that are a rehash of old ideas and outdated concepts, this training is
cutting edge and on-point, packed with the latest project-management techniques
and prioritizing tools. During the very first few minutes of training,
youll pinpoint old habits and behaviors that are wasting your precious
time and sabotaging your efforts, and youll start replacing them
with success habits all top achievers share.
your true priorities and let the rest go.
Youll discover how to establish priorities by setting goals that
will serve as your guide. Youll also determine what is truly important
on the job and at home, so that you can begin letting go of the nonessential
tasks, activities and commitments that are crowding your schedule and
eating your time. Whats more, youll find out how to focus
your efforts where theyll make the biggest difference in your results.
project changes and emergencies with ease.
Projects change, glitches foul up the schedule, people dont perform,
deadlines are shortened and everyone goes crazy as chaos reigns, right?
No more! Youll learn fall-back formulas that factor in time for
human error, keys to making that no way deadline and strategies
for anticipating team and project problems so you can head them off. Youll
also gain insight into the top reasons projects fail so you can avoid
them from the get-go. Find out how to keep from making mistakes when youre
under pressure and how to accurately gauge your pressure level
so you can apply instant stress reducers.
more productive, more effective and less stressed immediately.
Bottom line, the essential set of skills youll learn in Managing
Projects and Priorities will make a significant and immediate impact on
your daily productivity. Youll find you have more time available,
that youre doing more planning and less reacting, that youre
gaining cooperation from those who were once resistant, that your priorities
seem to fall into place rather than compete for your attention. Youll
enjoy your job more and experience far less stress because youll
have the tools you need to handle anything that comes your way.
miss this rare opportunity to give your career skills a major upgrade.
In just one day of training youll return to work armed with tools,
strategies and techniques that will drive your success for years to come
we guarantee it!
Top of Page
- Balance competing priorities
- Master vital planning techniques
- Stay on top of critical deadlines
- Manage your time more effectively
- Be prepared to handle change
- Set aggressive yet realistic goals
- Bring projects in on time, on track, on budget
boost your productivity by eliminating time-wasters from your day.
- Meet deadlines with ease even the no way! deadlines.
- Recognize your true priorities and start letting go of the unimportant
- Handle inevitable project changes and obstacles without hassle.
- Say no assertively and tactfully, without causing anger
- Develop success habits that keep you on target and on track to achieve
- Head off problems and project glitches by anticipating them.
- Gain cooperation up and down the ladder for your projects.
- Say goodbye to juggling priorities by using the F.A.S.T. prioritizing
- Organize anything in 3 easy steps.
- Get more time out of every workday using powerful planning techniques.
- Banish the project cripplers procrastination and perfectionism.
- Gain control of your time, projects and priorities through active
- Stop the time-draining effects of interruptions.
- Ask for what you need in an assertive, confident way that ensures
youll get it.
- Focus your efforts where theyll make the most difference using
- Eliminate or reduce the top stressors in your life.
- Avoid making mistakes when youre under pressure.
- Spend less time in meetings and get better results.
- Develop a healthy life balance because your priorities will be straight.
If any of these following scenarios sound all too familiar, this workshop
will greatly benefit you. In just one day of training, youll learn
powerful solutions to each problem below, and dozens more! Take a look...
- Many or most of the tasks in front of you right now are hot
- More work is required than can reasonably be accomplished in the
- You always feel behind, even though you often come in early and stay
- Stress is undermining the attitudes and behavior of key people, including
- You currently have no system for tracking projects or priorities.
- You sometimes have trouble gaining cooperation from others for your
projects or tasks.
- Saying no is difficult for you, even when your plate
- Whoever commits your team to responsibilities and/or deadlines doesnt
grasp how much work will be involved.
- You frequently feel stressed out and under pressure at work.
- More often than not you work right up to the wire on
- Delegating to others makes you very uncomfortable.
- Your day is filled with constant interruptions.
Top of Page
Managing Yourself: Replacing Bad Habits With Success Habits
- Identifying old habits and thought processes that rob you of time
- 5 key success habits highly effective professionals share and
how to begin integrating them into your life
- A 7-step formula for ending procrastination ... forever!
- The trap of perfectionism and how it may be sabotaging your success
- Learning to say no with tact: a success habit that will
save you tons of time
Priorities to Get the Most Out of Your Time
- Discover the 9 great deceivers that keep you powerless to prioritize
- What are your real priorities? Identifying what matters most
professionally and personally
- Learn our F.A.S.T. (Focus, Agree, Schedule, Track) system
for priority management!
- How to determine whats hottest when everything
(and everyone) is screaming for your attention
- Let it go: strategies for cutting loose from nonpriority tasks, activities,
commitments and obligations that bog you down
of Planning: Your Key to Effectively Managing Projects and Priorities
- The power of the one-minute focus as a way to start your day right
nnn Understanding Paretos Principle and how to use the 80/20 rule
to focus your efforts
- Powerful planning techniques guaranteed to boost your productivity
nnn 5 techniques Americas top achievers use to get on track and
stay on target
- Goal-setting how tos for gaining control of your
time, your projects and your priorities
Musts for Getting and Staying On Track
- Tips for getting projects on the right track so you dont get
- How to organize anything in 3 steps: Analyze, Plan and Take Action!
- The secret to making your To-Do list work for you instead of against
- Technology tamers: getting a grip on e-mail, voice mail, faxes and
- A step-by-step plan of attack for turning piles into files
- 5 personal-filing systems that take only seconds to use
- Take our Multiple-Project Organizer back to the job for ongoing reference
and immediate relief!
Top of Page
Tools and Strategies From the Pros
- 5 time-wise habits that top achievers share
- Identifying your greatest time-wasters and making a plan to
- 20 bright ideas for stopping the time-draining effects of interruptions
nnn Discovering your daily peak productivity time and how to make the
most of it
- Calendars, day planners, PDAs and personal- productivity software:
determining which tools will work best for you
nnn Decrease unnecessary time in meetings and increase the results
you want to achieve
- Deadlines 101: tips for assessing how long a project will really
Positive Working Relationships: The Secret to Getting the Job Done
- How tos for gaining commitment and cooperation for
- Communication tips for building rapport up and down the project line
- The secret to asking for what you need in a way that ensures youll
- Resolving conflicting demands with a system that cools tempers and
- You cant do it all! Delegation techniques that work like magic
to lighten your load
- 5 powerful ways to keep conflict to a minimum on any project team
Handling Change, Crises, Emergencies and the Unexpected
- 6 strategies that help you anticipate team and project problems
and head them off
- How to deal quickly and confidently with inevitable project changes
- 3 keys to making way for the no way deadline
- Fall-back formulas that anticipate human error and scheduling glitches
- How to avoid making mistakes when youre under pressure
- 9 reasons projects fail and how to avoid each one
a Solid Defense Against Stress and Pressure
- Accurately gauging your pressure level to apply instant stress reducers
- How to detect and defuse your unique pressure-to-perform time bombs
- Determining your top 10 stressors: Brainstorming on how youll
eliminate or reduce them
- Recognizing the negative, time-robbing power of worrying and how
to banish it forever
- Tactics for avoiding the pressure to do more when your plate is full
- CHECKLIST: developing a healthy balance in your life
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".