National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Human Resource Essentials For The New Human Resource Professional
Whether you are new to HR or just wanting an update on current trends, this seminar immerses you in the important trends and changes facing HR professionals today!
As an HR or personnel assistant, you know that the pressure of doing your job grows with every passing day. Ever-changing legislation in employment law ... more complex benefits administration ... fighting for employee health care with less-than-caring insurance companies ... recordkeeping hassles ... employee relations ... the list of pressures you face each and every day is enormous.
And, in the back of your mind, you keep thinking, “Don’t mess up ... don’t mess up” because you know that ONE mistake — even if it’s unintentional — could potentially cost your company hundreds of thousands of dollars in court. That’s the kind of responsibility every HR professional faces.
Don’t worry any more. Attend this seminar ... it’s the one training session you’ll see this year that covers all the bases when it comes to being an effective HR assistant. In just one day, you’ll gain the proven and practical insight that so many HR veterans take YEARS to learn.
You’ll learn shortcuts to recruit better employees to your company. You’ll master effective interviewing techniques that will weed out the “lemons” in a pile of job applications. You’ll understand the essentials of government regulations, how to keep your company in compliance and protect it in court.
Make an immediate impact in just one day!
So how can you cover the gamut of issues that today’s HR assistants face in just one day? Good question!
You can do it during this seminar because you’ll receive the most ESSENTIAL and IMPORTANT information that an HR assistant needs. You can do it because we focus on YOU and the most important facets of your daily job.
In this intensive day of training, you’ll gain:
- A greater appreciation of the vital role you play as an HR professional
- An in-depth understanding of the most important aspects of employment law
- Techniques to make your documentation complete, accurate and effective
- A not-to-be-missed chance to network with other professionals and discuss the problems you face every day
- Career-boosting strategies that establish your credibility in your organization
You will return to work more confident — and better informed — about the scope and trends in HR today.
This seminar is packed to the brim with the latest cutting-edge information HR assistants need in their vital company role. You’re expected to be a key team member and this is exactly the kind of training that will make that a reality.
Your boss is looking to you more and more these days. Make sure you’ll be equipped to go above and beyond the call of duty by registering for this powerful training today. But don’t wait, seats for this training typically go fast. Register today!
What You'll Learn:
Who Should Attend?
- Get answers to all your HR questions from an expert in the field
- Become a more effective team member and have your opinion sought after
- Avoid the most common mistakes that most HR and personnel assistants make
- Handle uncomfortable, sensitive and emotional situations better
- Dramatically slash the amount of time you spend doing daily “maintenance” duties
- Network with others in your field, sharing experiences and ideas and possibly creating life-long business relationships
- Learn the latest changes in employee and benefit laws
- Stretch your mind with new ideas and your professional muscles with new skills
- Be a positive influence upon every employee you work with
- Get out of the office for one day, have fun, while you’re learning incredibly powerful HR techniques
- HR & Personnel Assistants and support staff
- HR Specialists
- HR Administrators
- HR Coordinators
- Personnel Managers
- Managers and Supervisors with personnel responsibilities
- Small Business Owners
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
- Growing Into Your Role as an HR Assistant
- Find out exactly how and why you’re vital to your company’s overall success
- How to support your HR manager and make both of your lives easier
- The fundamentals of being a top-notch HR assistant
- Grasping key employment laws that apply to your workplace
- Secrets for Recruiting and Hiring Success
- How to write crystal-clear job ads that attract only the best applicants
- Finding cost-effective recruitment alternatives that will broaden your pool of qualified applicants
- Resume red flags that every HR assistant MUST spot during an interview or there’ll be trouble down the line — guaranteed!
- What to look for with temp agencies to ensure your company gets the best bang for its buck
- How to conduct legally-sound background checks that give you the information you need
- A sample list of interview questions (and the answers to watch out for!) that you can use for every applicant you see
- Enhancing Your Employee Relation Skills
- Communication tips that will help you deal more effectively with coworkers up and down the corporate ladder
- Identify where many HR assistants mistakenly cross the line between being friends with coworkers and damaging your credibility as an HR professional
- Quick tips for defusing volatile situations with difficult and emotional employees
- Innovative techniques you can use to help keep your organization’s employees happy and motivated
- Administering FLSA and Mandatory Benefits
- How to administer a positive and powerful employee assistance program
- Communicating with employees so that they truly understand their benefits
- Exempt or nonexempt? Employee or contractor? How the law determines the difference
- Identifying payroll loopholes for those “special” circumstances like on-call time, travel time, meal periods, etc.
- What the government is now saying about changes in HIPAA, ERISA, OWBPA, COBRA and other benefit laws
- Unraveling the Conflicting World of Employee Leave Benefits
- Administering and enforcing legally sound attendance policies that protect the needs of the employee AND the needs of your company
- An HR veteran’s guide that you can use when FMLA, ADA and workers’ comp rules conflict
- Injury? Illness? Neither? How the courts are determining which is which
- Learn how to track FMLA leave more accurately and legally
- Identify when managers can — and cannot — have access to employee medical records
- Determine whether or not an employee can be effective in returning to their old job without violating their rights under FMLA, ADA and workers’ comp
- The ABC’s of HR Documentation
- The #1 area where most HR assistants make mistakes when handling critical documentation and how to avoid this potentially costly situation
- The proper — and legally safe — way to gather relevant information about sensitive incidents that happen throughout your company
- How to simplify your company’s paperwork needs so you don’t get buried by the paperwork blizzard
- Employee record confidentiality: Who needs to know what and when — and who doesn’t
- Standing Firm During Discipline and Termination Sessions
- Effective conflict management strategies that will take the edge off of emotional situations
- Avoiding the most common termination mistakes and protecting your company from wrongful discharge and termination lawsuits
- Showing the human side of HR: How to talk with people who are losing their jobs
- Mastering the art of the effective exit interview: Getting people who no longer care to give you the information your company needs
- How to see behind the symptoms and get to what’s really causing a performance problem
- Staying on Top of Changes and Future Trends in HR
- The busy HR assistant’s guide to must-have work resources
- Recent legal changes and areas to watch in the future
- How to network yourself throughout your company and increase your value to your organization tenfold
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".