National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Powerful Communication Skills for Women
Become a more motivating, persuasive and effective communicator in just one day of training!
Theres no doubt about it: Professionals who communicate
effectively and confidently go farther faster in their careers than those
who dont. Today more than ever, top-notch communication skills are
an absolute must if you want to get ahead professionally.
Yet, communicating with power and finesse is a skill that
doesnt come naturally to most of us. You know what I mean. Like
when youre drowned out at an important meeting by men with louder
voices. Or, youve got an excellent idea that gets dismissed and
then 10 minutes later someone suggests the exact same thing and everyone
is suddenly all for it. Or, when youre speaking to someone up the
chain of command and he or she acts like youre invisible. Talk about
Powerful Communication Skills for Women is a phenomenal
communication workshop designed specifically for professionals like you.
Weve boiled down the most important of the most important
communication skills you need to get your ideas across, resolve long-standing
conflicts, shine in meetings, persuade and influence others and
thats just for starters!
In short, youll learn step-by-step how to be seen
as a highly credible, authoritative communicator who commands attention
and gets things done. Youll leave this exhilarating event armed
with the tools and techniques you need to be a more motivating, more persuasive
and more effective professional.
Get ready to be entertained, inspired, motivated and changed forever as
you discover the communication secrets of the countrys most successful
and influential women!
Dont miss this once-in-a-lifetime chance to gain
essential communication skills that will take your career to new heights
as you gain respect and admiration from those at all levels of your organization.
Director of Curriculum
P.S. You can attend as a team and save! Register any 3 from your organization
and the 4th attends absolutely FREE.
- Adopt the habits that highly effective communicators
swear by and see immediate results!
- Get your points across confidently, powerfully and
- Communicate calmly and professionally during confrontations.
- Verbally disarm disagreeable people and troublemakers
in the workplace.
- Become a standout in meetings.
- Avoid speech habits, words and phrases that may be
sabotaging your credibility.
- Sharpen your listening skills and gain more information
from every exchange.
- Develop rapport quickly with anyone to build strong
- Communicate a dynamic, positive first impression to
establish immediate credibility.
- Recharge your batteries with a high-energy day of
professional development and camaraderie!
- Managers and Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- PR and Marketing Professionals
- Sales Reps
- HR Professionals
- Any woman eager to reap the career benefits that come
to those who know how to communicate effectively and diplomatically
Assertive Communication: Your Key to Establishing Credibility and Projecting
- Master the “how-to’s” of assertive communication for
a confident, credible, professional image
- Assertive communication in action: Practicing assertive
responses for various workplace situations
- How to recognize and eliminate self- sabotaging speech
habits that damage your credibility
- What is your body language communicating? Using gestures,
posture and eye contact to your professional advantage
- Major communication mistakes that damage women’s careers
— and how to avoid them
Sharpen Your Listening Skills — and Double Your Communication Effectiveness!
- The basics of “active listening” — and how these techniques
will skyrocket your effectiveness overnight
- How to read nonverbal communication cues to hear what
people are REALLY saying
- The secret of using “attentive silence” to gain information
you need from others
- Are they listening to YOU? How to ensure that your
listeners correctly understood what you just said
- Don’t have all day to listen to someone go on and
on? Help your speaker get to the point
Master the Art of Communicating With Tact and Finesse
- What to say when: Scripts for communicating diplomatically
in a variety of touchy situations
- Guidelines for delivering criticism that results in
a positive behavior change instead of anger or hurt feelings
- When the shoe is on the other foot: How to respond
professionally to criticism without becoming defensive
- Tips for getting your foot out of your mouth when
you’ve said something less than tactful
- “How-to’s” for saying “No” in a calm, confident manner
— without feeling guilty
Conflict and Confrontation Through Effective Communication
- How to face confrontation head-on and communicate professionally
- Verbal self-defense techniques for defusing conflict
before it escalates out of control
- Words and phrases likely to get you into trouble in
a conflict situation — and better alternatives
- Effective responses for disarming disagreeable people,
tantrum throwers and whiners
- Tips for remaining calm and poised when tears threaten
or you’re ready to explode at someone
Techniques for Strengthening Professional Relationships
- How to communicate a dynamic, memorable first impression in just
- Instant rapport-builders that will help you connect with absolutely
- Keys to developing rapport and building alliances up and down the
- Networking “how-to’s” for building professional relationships outside
Power of Persuasion: Getting Others to See It Your Way
- A step-by-step method for winning "nay-sayers" over to
your point of view
- Communication techniques master negotiators rely upon when the going
- The importance of working toward win-win agreement instead of win-lose
- WIIFM? Tips for communicating your ideas in a way that others buy
- Plan B: Understanding your options when the other party refuses to
budge even an inch
Shine at Meetings and in Front of Groups
- 5 tips for communicating
like a standout at meetings
- What to do when
men are talking loudly and you can’t seem to get a word in edgewise
- Techniques the
pros use for calming the nervous jitters before they speak
- Keys to organizing
your thoughts quickly when making informal remarks or giving impromptu
- Simple, winning
formulas for creating exceptional presentations
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".