National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Andy Andersons Photoshop® Tips & Techniques®
your Photoshop skills to the next level with tips, tricks and secrets from Photoshop guru Andy Anderson, author
of Adobe Photoshop 7 Creative Workshop and 1001 Adobe Photoshop
My fellow Photoshop users
FROM: Andy Anderson
Anybody remember Barney Scan?
And no, he wasnt the short guy on the Flintstones. About 12
years ago, I came across a radically new program released under
the name of Barney Scan. I remember thinking, Wow, this has
INCREDIBLE potential. Obviously, the folks at Adobe agreed,
because they bought it and molded it into the most awesome image-editing
program on the planet: Photoshop.
My life and times with Photoshop
After Id rolled up my sleeves and got busy with Photoshop
for about a decade, I decided to share all the tips, tricks and
insights Id learned by writing 1001 Adobe Photoshop Tips.
The book just kept growing until it weighed in at over 1,700 pages.
Always a glutton for punishment, I followed it by writing Adobe
Photoshop 7 Creative Workshop.
I take my show on the road, too, which is what Andy
Andersons Photoshop® Tips & Techniques is
all about. In a single, information-packed day youll get the
inside scoop on Photoshops vast collection of image-editing
tools and youll learn design and image-manipulation
tips and tricks used by digital masters.
Well cover all the cool stuff ...
- Discover where Adobe hid all the cool new bells
and whistles in Photoshop 7
- Get your creative juices flowing with Photoshops
new Artistic Brushes
- Unleash your creative side with Blending modes
- Turn a sunny day into a rainy night using professional
graphic manipulation techniques
- Use Photoshops beefed-up Liquify plug-in
to create special effects that are out of this world
Plus, find out how to save time and effort
and get far better results
- Cut production time by 20 percent by using precise
- Use Tool presets to handle repetitive tasks
- Create Web animation sequences the easy way
- Learn five organizational steps thatll
make every Photoshop design a success
- Gain little-known shortcuts thatll help
you power through any Photoshop project
- Customize your workspace, and make Photoshop
open exactly the way you want it to
Create graphics thatll have other designers
asking: How did they do that?
Bottom line, no other one-day course gives you so much information
about gaining control over Photoshop. So if youre ready to
produce mind-blowing imagery thatll stand out from the competition
and to work better, smarter and faster in Photoshop
enroll right now. Join me for just one day, and youll leave
with the skills to rocket your Photoshop images into the stratosphere!
Keep the faith and keep learning ...
Your Workshop Leader
P.S. Youll get more Photoshop knowledge than
your brain can hold, real-world tips and tricks you can use immediately,
all your questions answered by an expert and youll
get to hang out with creative types all day. Doesnt get much
better than this, my friends, so dont miss it.
- Master the use of gradient fills to create the
illusion of depth.
- Uncover the secrets of Channel Masking for exceptional
- Take advantage of Photoshop 7s best new
- Manage color like a pro for accurate color from
monitor to press.
- Use the Photoshop/ImageReady connection to create
mind-blowing Web graphics.
- Solve the mystery of Clipping Paths.
- Effortlessly remove wrinkles and do other
amazing things with the Healing Brush.
- Make image restoration a snap using the Patch
- Organize complicated multi-layered projects
using Photoshop folders.
- Create precise spot-color channels with the
click of a button.
- Discover how History and Snapshots gives you
total control over image editing.
- Use the Web transparency option to seamlessly
blend Web graphics into colored or patterned backgrounds.
- Create eye-catching images by the controlled
blending of grayscale and color.
- Build a set of personalized shortcut keys and
save one hour out of every eight.
- Create complicated patterns and shapes with
ease, using Photoshops powerful Shape tools.
- Effortlessly correct mistakes using Photoshops
awesome History palette.
- Remove complicated backgrounds using the Extract
- Master selection techniques using common, and
- Use multiple layers and layer masks to create
awesome collages and montages.
- Create exotic vector designs using Photoshops
- Uncover the difference between the transparency
and fill layer options, and how to use both to create breathtaking
- Reduce file sizes using enhanced Web output
to compress images to their optimum size.
- Understand photo restoration secrets used by
top professionals in the industry.
- Enhance your Web site using the new and improved
Web photo gallery.
- Make and save complicated patterns using Photoshops
new Pattern Maker.
- PhotoShop users who want to tap into its potential
- Intermediate PhotoShop users who want to take
their expertise to the next level of creativity
- Non-users who want to know what PhotoShop can
do and how to get started
- Anyone using PhotoShop only as scanner software
who wants to learn about a whole new world of creative and production
This workshop covers the latest versions of Photoshop,
although owners of earlier versions will greatly benefit from many
of the shortcuts, techniques and ideas covered.
Time and Space: Work Smarter and Faster in Photoshop
Discover how to get more accomplished in the same
amount of time and achieve better design results ... Its possible!
- Fine-tune Photoshop preferences and run 20 percent
- Create user-defined shortcuts to power through
complicated image-editing tasks
- Maintain consistency with Actions and never
do the same thing twice
- Use tool presets to construct the right tool
for the right job
- Save complicated layer styles with the Styles
Photoshop: Opening All the Drawers and Cupboards
Designers the world over consider Photoshop their #1 image-editing
program. Find out why you will, too!
- See how Photoshops new and improved toolbox
boosts your design capability
- Receive up-to-date information on images directly
from the document window
- Learn how to communicate with Photoshop, and
how it communicates with you
- Create a new document using Photoshops
Tail Wags This Dog: Begin With the End Result in Mind
Design without the grief and frustration! Discover how to start
with the end in mind and make your selections and decisions based
- Recognize the difference between additive and
subtractive color and when to use which
- Learn how raster and vector images differ and
how Photoshop gives you the best of both worlds
- Discover how the final output of an image determines
its working resolution
- Gain understanding of file formats such as:
PNG, TIF and EPS, and when to use them
All About Control: Working With Layers, Channels and Paths
Understanding layers, channels and paths gives you control over
Photoshop and control translates into excellence in design.
- Create awesome collages using multiple layers
and layer masks
- Learn how to generate complex shapes using vector-based
- Generate awesome bevels and special effects
with layer styles
- Learn how clipping paths create transparency
and help remove the big-ugly-white-box syndrome
- Learn how to create complicated selections using
- Discover how clipping paths and artistic brushes
help create distinctive strokes
- Create complex spot channels with the click
of a button
- Save complicated selections for use in other
images using channels
Rose-Colored Glasses: Photoshop and Color
What color is the sky in your Photoshop world? Color is a strong
motivator, one that can tie design elements together or tear
your design apart.
- Understand Color Theory and how to take advantage
of it in your projects
- Learn how to produce accurate color from monitor
- Discover why choosing the correct color space
makes all the difference in the world
- RGB, CMYK, Lab, Indexed ... Whats the
All in Your Head: Using Left and Right Sides of Your Brain
When you learn the left-brain logical side of
Photoshop and blend that knowledge with your right-brain creative
skills, beautiful things can happen.
- Use image trickery to change an image
- Transform lifeless text into a show- stopping
- Steps for creating eye-catching collages
- How to cure whats ailing an aging photograph
- Capture attention by blending black and white
a Small World After All: Photoshop, ImageReady and the World Wide
Discover how Photoshop and ImageReady help make the creation
of images, logos and animations a snap for the Web.
- Understand the Photoshop, ImageReady connection
- Use Save for Web to create Web images
- Learn how easy it is to create an animation
- Discover what slicing is, and how it dramatically
reduces the download time of large images
a single line of code
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".