National Seminars Group
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
This seminar is offered onsite only. The descriptions and outlines specified below are examples of the topics covered in this seminar. Actual seminar content will depend on your organization's needs. Of course, we customize the seminar's content to meet the specific needs of your organization.
A Manager's Guide to Creating A Positive, Energized Work Climate
Stamp out negativity! Give morale a giant shot in the arm!
Problems with low morale, poor productivity and unmotivated people have
plagued leaders ever since there have been managers and employees.
As a manager, its your responsibility to keep your
employees motivated and to keep productivity high which are enormous
challenges on your shoulders. Leaders like you from across the country
have told us that maintaining a positive work environment is more difficult
than ever because employees are becoming increasingly stressed out and
negative as they struggle to cope with the uncertainties of our ever-changing
Negativity, low morale and lousy attitudes can cost your
organization plenty but now theres help. National Seminars
Group has developed A Managers Guide to Creating a Positive,
Energized Work Climate, an exciting one-day workshop that offers a
revolutionary approach to this tough leadership issue.
Best Leaders Know That Positive Results Just Dont Happen in Negative
This crucial program for all leaders is based on the best practices from
world-class organizations whove achieved incredible business results
by paying close attention to the company climate. In just
one insightful day of training, youll get the essential tools and
strategies you need to create a high-energy, supportive environment where
- Ideas other companies use to inject fun into the work
with amazing results!
- Morale-busting mistakes managers commonly make, and
how to avoid them
- Creative leadership tools for motivating employees
to give their all
- Proven strategies for getting people to eagerly accept
- Expert techniques for turning negative employees into
- Tips for making boring tasks and routine jobs more
- Your essential role in creating and maintaining a
positive, upbeat work environment
Effectively With Bad Attitudes and Resistance to Change
And thats just the beginning. Youll also gain step-by-step
how tos for turning around specific attitude problems,
from whiners and know-it-alls to chronic complainers and cynics. Plus,
weve included an entire section on overcoming employee resistance
to change. Imagine how much less frustrating your job will be when the
foot-draggers are willing to get with the program whenever
you introduce changes that need to be made!
Fun on the Job Means Less Stress for Employees And for You!
As you implement the morale-boosting techniques and motivational strategies
youll learn in this workshop, youll notice that people seem
less stressed and pressured, fewer personality clashes occur and attitudes
are more positive than you can ever remember. Youll also find that
your newly energized employees are more enthusiastic, far more productive
and a lot more fun to spend the workweek with!
The value of this essential training for managers cannot
be overstated, because left unchecked, negative attitudes and low morale
will drain your productivity and cripple your organization. Dont
wait any longer to get the skills and strategies you need to pump positive
energy into your work environment and to create a place where your
employees will excel beyond your wildest expectations!
employees are more productive
Research has shown that employees who report that they enjoy their jobs
and are happy at work overall are more productive. They also miss less
work and are less likely than their unhappy counterparts to leave the
company for greener pastures. This workshop gives you specific tools
and strategies for helping employees find the fun in their jobs, which
will lead to happier campers.
avoid common morale-busting mistakes
Did you know that a number of very common management practices and policies
dampen employee morale and create resentment? True! Well discuss
these morale-busters and show you how to replace them with
morale-boosters, practices and policies that support and
encourage your employees.
will embrace essential changes instead of resisting them
Its human nature to resist change, to stick with whats comfortable
even when its not working! This workshop devotes an entire
section to overcoming resistance to change, providing you with proven
techniques and strategies for introducing change in a way that employees
can more easily accept and for gaining the cooperation of even your
most reluctant workers.
thinking and bad attitudes will be history
Its impossible to get continued good results from bad attitudes!
well arm you with powerful tactics for turning
around specific attitude problems, from whiners and complainers to cynics
Youll be amazed at how much more pleasant your workplace will
be and how much better people get along when negative
thinking turns positive and bad attitudes disappear.
positive employees CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING!
When work becomes more fun, when employees are happier and less stressed,
when morale improves week by week, you will see an amazing transformation
in your workplace. Your employees will have a genuine sense of excitement
about their jobs, their teammates, their organization and your
leadership. When you fire them up with a can do spirit,
theyll be capable of accomplishing anything!
these questions sound familiar, this workshop will benefit you!
1. The attitude of one constantly negative employee drags
down everyone else what can I do?
2. My people are stressed out and anxious due to some massive company
changes. How can I improve morale?
3. Bickering coworkers have derailed our teams productivity. Do
I step in or keep out of it?
4. My employees act like theyve barely got a pulse and I dont
know what to do to motivate them. Any ideas?
5. How can I spice up the routine for our people who work in monotonous
6. Any suggestions for making snoozer meetings more lively?
7. How can I reward hard-working employees when we have zero money in
the budget for it?
8. Im swamped with work already! Why is it MY job to improve everyones
9. How do I convince upper management to let us try a few fun activities
when theyre convinced its a waste of time and money?
10. What do I do with a know-it-all employee who grates on everyones
nerves especially mine?
11. Employees dont seem to trust me. How can I convince them were
all in this together?
12. How do I get my employees to think outside the box to
solve some of our team problems?
13. How can I keep good employees from burning out when were working
14. How can we keep employees spirits up when our business is really
15. My people seem to live to complain. How do I turn the situation around?
16. Our work atmosphere has gradually gotten so relaxed that people goof
off. What now?
17. Morale-boosters weve tried before have come off as rah-rah and
silly. Where are we going wrong?
18. How do I drag employees past, Weve never done it that
way! to try new processes and procedures?
19. Whenever I try to introduce new ideas in our department, a couple
of employees are always naysayers. Help!
20. How do I get team members to stop quibbling and start pulling together?
the Positive: Lessons From Todays Most Successful Companies
- Prime examples of top organizations that reap enormous
rewards from maintaining a positive, fun work atmosphere
- Research confirms: Happy employees are more productive,
more creative and more loyal
- Why negativity, stress and poor employee attitudes
have skyrocketed and the toll it takes on organizations
- What do todays employees REALLY want from their
jobs? The answers may surprise you!
- Are company policies and procedures actually adding
to stress and lowering morale? Common workplace practices to avoid
- Take the Climate Test! Find out what the current climate
is like in your organization
Up! Fun and Games for Reducing Stress and Boosting Morale
- Lessons from the
real world: how specific companies make their workplaces more fun
- 20 imaginative
ideas for injecting humor and lightheartedness into your work environment
- Ask your employees!
Getting input on how to make their jobs more challenging and interesting
- Tips for spicing
up the routine and putting variety into otherwise monotonous tasks
- Recognizing and
addressing signs of employee burnout and stress overload
- Productive fun
or goofing off? Important guidelines for keeping a relaxed atmosphere
from getting out of control
Leadership Tools for Motivating and Energizing Employees
- The morale-boosting power of sincere praise and an
easy format for giving it on the spot
- Understanding what motivates employees to perform
at 110 percent and what de- motivates them
- Creative low-cost rewards and incentives that motivate
employees to give it their all
- Active listening techniques: why truly listening to
an employee is the highest compliment you can pay
- Keys to making every employee on your team feel important
and valued by the organization
- How to tap into your imagination to open up a world
of unexplored solutions to your tough leadership problems
- Are your people stuck in thinking ruts?
Fun, outside-the-lines mental exercises guaranteed to reignite enthusiasm
of a Bad Attitude: How to Turn Negative Employees Into Positive Contributors
- Understanding the underlying major causes of bad attitudes:
Common traits of negative employees
- Is your department riddled with bad attitudes? See
how it stacks up against the 10 characteristics of negativity-plagued
- Your role as a manager in the employee attitude transformation
- Techniques for dealing proactively with specific problem
personalities: chronic complainers, know-it-alls, the terminally unenthused,
rule- breakers, excuse-makers and more
- Should you intervene when coworkers bicker or have
personality clashes, and if so, how?
- Are you part of the problem? How your management style
may be contributing to bad attitudes
Leaders Role in Embracing Change And Overcoming Resistance
- Understanding why people often instinctively resist
change and why organizational change often fails
- Keys to introducing change in a way that employees
- Tips for coaxing your employees past the way
weve always done it and into exploring new ideas, procedures
and ways of conducting business
- How to project confidence that inspires your people
during change or transition
- What you must do as a leader when your people flatly
refuse to embrace critical changes
- When change is major: keeping your team strong through
reorganizations, layoffs and business downturns
the Atmosphere Positive, Upbeat and Productive: Its Up to YOU!
- Mutual respect and trust: Building the two key elements
for a positive work environment
- Smile-making tips for setting an upbeat tone day-to-day
- Be a good role model! Understanding how your attitude
and behavior influences everyone in your department
- Communication essentials for fostering positive, supportive
- Are you guilty? Top 10 morale-busting management mistakes
and how to avoid them
- Your Action Plan: A step-by-step guide to creating
a company-wide anti-negativity campaign spearheaded by your
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring this seminar to your site!
For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
PLEASE BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".