National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
How to Create and Deliver Exceptional PowerPoint Presentations
Create better presentations than ever before with the PowerPoint skills and creative techniques you’ll master in this exciting one-day workshop!
Today’s tech-savvy audiences are getting increasingly sophisticated and tougher to impress every day. In fact, creating and delivering well-structured, high-tech presentations is not only vital to your message – it’s expected. What’s more, a poorly designed presentation can ruin your message – and even damage your credibility and reputation. That’s why you can’t afford to miss How to Create and Deliver Exceptional PowerPoint Presentations.
Tap Into PowerPoint’s FULLEST capabilities
Leave your old templates and design ideas behind, and we’ll show you how to use PowerPoint to its full capability to design memorable, visually exciting presentations that get the results you want – for any audience. You’ll learn how to use PowerPoint’s newest multimedia tools and design features to create remarkable presentations that are guaranteed to amaze your audience.
Get tons of creative ideas for your next PowerPoint presentation
You’ll see dozens of expert examples of the countless ways you can use PowerPoint to illustrate your points with style, explain complex or technical information in an easy-to-understand manner, and make your presentation one that your audience won’t soon forget! You’ll leave with your head filled with creative ideas you’ll be eager to use on your very next presentation.
This workshop is your ticket to presentation success
How to Create and Deliver Exceptional PowerPoint Presentations is the easiest and fastest way to master the PowerPoint production skills you need to create clear, concise presentations every time! Why risk the embarrassment of amateurish and ineffective PowerPoint presentations when you can learn essential PowerPoint production techniques in just one fast-paced, exhilarating day?
Remember: When your presentation is a hit, you look terrific. Don’t miss this career-enhancing training opportunity – make plans to attend right now, and enroll online today!
What You'll Learn:
Invest just one day of your time at How to Create and Deliver Exceptional PowerPoint Presentations, and you’ll …
Who Should Attend?
- Enhance your message with a cohesive, visually stimulating PowerPoint presentation – and get phenomenal results every time.
- Avoid common PowerPoint design mistakes guaranteed to brand you as a rookie.
- Easily build charts, graphs and tables that help your audience understand complex information.
- Create your own templates for original, fresh-looking presentations that will capture your audience’s attention immediately.
- Never again lose your audience to graphic overkill when you use our Keep it Simple strategy.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations that look like you spared no expense, even though you used free templates, clip art and illustrations.
- Hook your audience by using the “language of color” to evoke specific emotions.
- Add pizzazz with high-quality custom animations – and animate an organizational chart or diagram!
- Make your presentation truly memorable by incorporating multimedia elements including sound, images, photos and animations.
- Produce professional-looking handouts to accompany your presentation in less time and with less hassle than you ever dreamed possible.
- Use color schemes and backgrounds effectively – rather than let competing hues ruin the tone and look you’ve created.
- Save tons of time by developing a new presentation from an old one – without losing the original.
- Incorporate other Office Applications and the Web into your presentation for added impact.
- Conduct fact-finding for your presentation quickly and easily using the Research task pane in PowerPoint 2003.
- Take your message to the masses by publishing your presentation on the Web.
This workshop has been developed for anyone who wants to learn how to tap the power of the world’s most versatile presentation software to give effective, professional-looking presentations — for better results …
- HR personnel
- Sales representatives
- Administrative assistants
- Technical pros
- Team leaders, managers and supervisors
- Advertising professionals
- Nonprofit organizations
- Anyone who presents information
PowerPoint Basics for Getting Your Presentation Off to a Solid Start
Building Exciting Slides to Drive Your Points Home
- 10 essentials of an effective PowerPoint presentation
- Planning steps that will save you time and grief on the back end
- Wizards and templates – what’s the difference and when to use them
- Tour the 5 PowerPoint screen views and learn how to change them in a flash
- Where to find the best free PowerPoint templates and backgrounds
- Customizing your presentation by creating your own templates
- Design Trick: Examples of PowerPoint unleashed, PowerPoint goof-ups, and PowerPoint Hall of Shame
Design Tips for Giving Your Presentation Professional Polish
- The secret to structuring a well-organized presentation
- How to create an outline and build slides in one easy step
- Tips for using Apply Design to create a master slide
- The easy way to select, cut, copy and paste slides
- Create, edit, place and adjust text boxes
- Using text alignment to create professional looking slides
- Design Trick: The importance of limiting the amount of information on a slide – and how to determine the correct amount
Easy Formatting Methods for Creating a Flawless Presentation
- Picking a graphic look and tone that enhance your overall message
- The emotions of color: How choosing the right – or wrong – color can impact your message
- Using type fonts to convey the tone you want
- Maximize your presentation design with these simple layout techniques
- Design Trick: An inexpensive tool that guarantees complementary color combinations every time
Adding Multimedia and Other Special Effects to Make Your Presentation Sizzle
- How to rotate and resize objects, crop photos and more
- Tricks for leading the viewer’s eye to critical data
- Learn the basics of graphics image-editing
- The secret to creating a flow that naturally leads the viewer from slide to slide
- Design Trick: How-to’s for building easy-to-understand graphs, charts and tables to convey complex information
Incorporating Other Office Applications and the Web Into Your Presentation
- Learn when and how to use clip art in your slides
- How to incorporate sound, video and animation clips into your slides
- Explore the 50+ animation settings available from PowerPoint
- Learn where to find additional high-quality illustrations and graphics for your presentation
- Personalize a single slide by recording a sound or comment (in PowerPoint 2003)
- Design Trick: Tour some of the coolest add-ins that can push your PowerPoint presentation to the extreme!
Details for Delivering Your First-Rate Presentation with Style
- Learn how to link one presentation to another
- Import information from your local intranet
- How to create links to live Web pages while connected to the Internet
- Using your systems cache to access Web pages when connecting to the Internet isn’t possible
- Design Trick: Tips for moving seamlessly between applications and the Web without any glitches
- How to customize one show for multiple audiences
- Key steps for setting up a timed presentation
- Create a “looping show” for pre-shows, breaks and exit shows
- Producing eye-catching handouts that will enhance your presentation’s effectiveness
- Adding page numbers, headers and footers to your printed slides
- Design Trick: How-to’s for publishing your finished presentation on the Web
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".