National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How to Effectively Supervise People: Fundamentals of Leading With Success!
Practical Skills for Today's Ever-changing, Evermore Complicated Workplaces
Supervision Is All About Outcomes
It’s finding just the right mix of guidance, leadership, motivation, and discipline to get peak results from unique personalities.
Unfortunately, many supervisors are put into leadership roles without being taught the skills they need to succeed, so they are underprepared for their responsibilities. That’s where we come in.
Attending How to Effectively Supervise People: Fundamentals of Leading With Success! is the fastest, easiest way to master the fundamentals of leading with success. We’ll help you take the headaches and hassles out of supervision so you can enjoy the many perks of becoming a highly respected, highly successful leader. You’ll learn:
It’s a foundational day of learning that will support you for the rest of your career. So don’t risk missing this extraordinary opportunity: Enroll today!
- What’s expected of you as a manager and how to surpass those expectations
- How to develop your own management style, minimizing weaknesses and maximizing strengths
- Essential communication skills that are required for successfully supervising people
- How to deal with different personalities and problem employees
- Keys to motivating and inspiring a high-producing team
What You'll Learn
- Make the most of your unique management style
- Hire high-performers and get them up to speed fast
- Delegate more often and more effectively
- Deliver constructive criticism with care
- Establish clear performance expectations
- Get nonperformers and underachievers to shape up
- Establish yourself as a confident, capable leader
Fundamentals of Staffing and Team Development
- Management styles: What’s yours? And what’s most effective?
- How to make the transition from doing to supervising
- How your actions affect your team’s performance
- Establishing your authority: how to get respect as “the boss”
Critical Communication Skills for Leaders
- Interviewing technique musts for supervisors
- The importance of getting new hires up to speed quickly
- The supervisor’s role as employee trainer
- The unwritten rules of supervising former colleagues and friends
Getting Things Done Through Others
- How to give on-target directions and instructions
- How to clearly communicate goals and performance expectations
- Beware! The dangers of e-mail communication for supervisors
- Proven strategies for offering constructive criticism to sensitive employees
- How to tell your boss you disagree – without damaging your career!
Dealing With Employee Performance & Behavior Problems
- 5 signs that you’re micromanaging and how to avoid it
- Why it’s all about getting results through others now
- Time as a resource: how to manage the clock, so it doesn’t manage you!
- Play to their strengths: how to identify employees’ strengths and weaknesses
- Delegation 101: when to pass the task along, and when to oversee its completion yourself
- 7 signs an employee has lost interest and is “phoning it in”
- Dealing with lazy or careless employees
- How-tos for handling whiners, know-it-alls, excuse-makers, and more
- When enough is enough: when and how to discipline employees
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".