Assertiveness Skills for Business Professionals
Stand up and make yourself heard in a way that will get the results you need.
If you donít stand up for yourself, people will walk all over you.
Some people are naturally more aggressive than others. But if youíre not one of these alpha-type personalities, it can feel like youíre being bulldozed.
Our expert trainers know exactly what youíre going through, and they know how to bring out the assertiveness thatís already in you ó showing you how to have your voice heard, act with more confidence, and get more respect.
Assertiveness requires skill and tact ó not just talking over others.
Being assertive isnít easy for a lot of people, but itís important to make sure that your voice is always heard loud and clear. At the same time, you donít want to come across as pushy, overbearing, or aggressive. This one-day course will give you a balanced approach that will assure youíll always be heard ó and get the respect you deserve.
Donít alienate others with aggression ó learn to voice your opinions and concerns in the right way.
To succeed in todayís fast-paced world, you need to communicate effectively. But if youíre not actively voicing your needs, concerns, and opinions, itís easy to get lost in the shuffle. Thatís where this course comes in.
Powerful and effective, this course will teach you to build on your natural communication style, use your unique strengths to your advantage, and eliminate self-sabotaging behaviors. By the end of the day youíll have an arsenal of tools for speaking with more confidence, disarming conflict, and getting others to see your point of view.
Assertiveness in Todayís Business Environment
Making the Most of Your Natural Communication Style
- How assertiveness today differs from assertiveness in the past
- The challenges of assertiveness and electronic communication
- The essentials of assertive communication
- How to be assertive without being aggressive
- How to create an assertive message
Asserting With Diplomacy and Tact
- Communicate with confidence
- Recognize and eliminate self-sabotaging communication habits
- Identify the elements of nonverbal communication
- Characteristics of assertive body language
- Use your voice to full effect
Handling Tough Situations
- State your opinion without appearing hostile
- Stave off manipulation attempts
- Use active and reflective listening
- Ask questions to draw out information
- Confidently handle complaints and criticism
- Resolve problems quickly
- Respond tactfully when someone attacks
- Disarm disagreeable people
- Persuade others to see your side
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**