National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Cool, Confident, and Collected ... Managing Conflict for Women
The Professional Woman’s Guide to Working Through Disagreements Effectively
Cool, Confident & Collected Strategies for Resolving Conflict is a crucial program for any professional woman. In just one day away from the office, you’ll master an easy, three-step method for resolving any type of disagreement, learn dozens of expert techniques for handling confrontation with confidence, and find out how to prevent conflict by using assertive communication skills and active listening.
What You'll Learn:
Turn conflict into communication – and make work a positive place
Like it or not, conflict in the workplace is inevitable, from personality clashes to people butting heads over different points of view. When resolved quickly with a positive approach, conflict can be an opportunity for growth and better understanding among those involved.
But left unresolved, conflict can drain your productivity, waste your time
destroy important relationships, make your workday miserable, damage your health – and sabotage your career success.
Feel empowered with effective conflict resolution skills
You’ll discover how to diagnose disagreements to understand what’s really going on, get a step-by-step script to use for confronting others in a calm, professional manner, master techniques for getting your points across without getting angry or tongue-tied, and learn “what to say when” in tricky situations like disagreements with your boss. In addition, you’ll find out how to defuse an angry person, what to do if the exchange gets verbally abusive, and how to regain control if you feel tears or a blow-up threatening.
Gain a lifetime of peace with these powerful lessons
Bottom line: In just one day at this workshop, you’ll gain skills that will benefit you throughout your entire career – and throughout your life. Your ability to work through disagreements productively and handle confrontation professionally will put you head and shoulders above others and earn you the respect of everyone around you
Understanding the Nature of Conflict and Disagreements
Conflict Resolution Techniques Guaranteed to Help You Save the Day
- 10 common myths about conflict that sabotage you from the very start
- Why does conflict occur?
- Understanding the danger of unresolved conflict in the workplace
- Recognizing why pouting, the silent treatment, manipulation and other negative responses never resolve anything
- The positive side of conflict: How to benefit from growth opportunities to strengthen relationships
- SELF-ASSESSMENT: How do you usually react to conflict?
Assertive Strategies for Facing Confrontation Confidently
- Diagnosing the disagreement: What’s REALLY going on here?
- Proven approaches to conflict resolution – and when to use which
- The 3-step ACE Method of conflict resolution
- Compromising positions that work – and those that will fail
- What needs to happen so you can reach an agreement
- 10 big “do’s” and “don’ts” for you during conflict
- When you’re on the losing side of a disagreement: Understanding your options
Proven Strategies for Handling Tricky Conflict Situations with Ease
- Recognizing why avoiding conflict at all costs is a big mistake
- Step-by-step how-to’s for confronting someone in a calm, professional manner
- The “banned word list”: Conflict-escalating phrases you should never say
- The importance of facing confrontation head-on instead of putting it off
- Techniques for getting your points across – without getting angry
- Stop, listen, think: How to avoid overreacting
- Tips for regaining control if you feel tears coming or your voice quavering
- How to follow-up once the confrontation is over
Special Section! Conflict Prevention: Using Assertive Communication and Active Listening
- Mars and Venus in conflict: How each gender tends to handle conflict differently – and how to use it to your advantage
- How to handle confrontation with your boss (and still have a job)
- Resolving conflict between you and your employees
- Managing disagreements with coworkers or peers
- What to do if the other person becomes verbally abusive
- Tactics for defusing an angry person during a confrontation
- Crisis management: How to recognize “red flags” indicating a person could become violent – and what to do
Keeping the Stress of Conflict From Taking a Physical and Emotional Toll
- Surefire strategies for minimizing causes of conflict so they don’t arise in the first place
- Hear what’s really being said: Active listening skills that help you avoid misunderstandings
- The 3 C’s of direct communication every professional should master
- Techniques for speaking up confidently – rather than stewing silently
- Did the other person really understand what you just said? How to tell
- 5 warning signs that conflict-related stress is wearing you down
- Strategies for dealing with “toxic” stressors – and “toxic” people
- Relaxation techniques for pulling yourself together after a confrontation
- Is unacknowledged anger making you sick and tired? What to do about it
- You’re in charge of you: Avoid falling into the “victim” trap
- How to pump some positive vibes into your work life!
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".